From the Sony / Russian side

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

livetwice wrote:Image

Germangirl, thanks !!! A lot to read and to fight with my dictionary BUT SO INTERESTING ... :wink: [/img]
Thanks for the sun smiley :D We actually had some sun today and you remember what summer is all about.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Germangirl wrote:
livetwice wrote:Image

Germangirl, thanks !!! A lot to read and to fight with my dictionary BUT SO INTERESTING ... :wink: [/img]
Thanks for the sun smiley :D We actually had some sun today and you remember what summer is all about.
Yep, and that's the reason why I have printed out the intersting posts of this thread and read them sitting in a deck chair in the garden :D :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

livetwice for you - so you won´t need your dictionary anymore in the near future :wink:

Bond 22 in the Alpes from commanderbond

I can't remember who said it but I'd really love a good, heart pumping,death defying, snowy, climbing scene in Bond 22. It suits Daniel's raw godlike athleticism......

Agreed. I love most of the ski scenes in the Bond films, apart from TWINE, and I think that Craig's Bond should get a ski chase as well. Withthe new, more aggressive Bond that Craig has brought to the screen, I think that Craig could bring more of an edge to the ski chases (if he gets to do one) than we've seen in quite a while in the franchise.

Daniel Craig's James Bond Contract To Kill For

This, on top of the ad-hoc bonus DC got post CR box office numbers, shows precisely why Eon are a class act. They could have done a Lucas or a New Line and left the contract as is. But they didn't.
They were responsible for bringing Craig to a world-wide audience and benifited from him nailing the part.
Eon know what a long shoot it is. They know the media demands and the demands of all the premieres around the planet. They know the hard work DC put into his gym routine.

And, yes, DC deserves more that that guy getting $25 mil for Rush Hour three. But that is the market and, of course and on top of that, there's no accounting for taste when it comes to what the kids want to watch (or when it comes to what the Hollywood suits want to feed the kids in urban America).

Chris Tucker got $25 million for Rush Hour 3, so this is not even close to a ridiclous sum of money. Pretty fair contract for Craig.

I certainly think that this new contract for Daniel Craig was very well deserved. Craig's portrayal of the character was the best to date, IMO, and also taking into consideration some of the things he had to deal with during the preproduction and work on the film, I think that he deserved to be recognized for that with a new contract.

I also hope that this is a sign that EON is doing everything possible to keep Craig in the role past Bond 23. IMO, they've got a real winner on their hands here with Daniel Craig and his portrayal of the Bond character, and it would be a great thing for the franchise if Craig ultimately made 4 or more Bond films.
Who's a lucky boy then

Bond/Bourne concerning the imbd poll

Our Bond newcomer beats their founding actor and role veteran...sweet. I think this settles it.

Actually then, the difference between Craig's Bond and Damon's Bourne is well within the margin of error of making the two just about split down the middle. However, if anyone could take down Bourne, it's Craig's Bond, no doubt about it.
However, would we all agree that Brosnan's Bond vs. Damon's Bourne would lose?
Anyone strongly disagree?

Brosnan’s Bond would lose to Bourne, to Will Hunting, and to any one of the main cast of Narnia.
In a fight, Pierce's Bond would be dead on the ground before he finished saying, "Bond, James..."

This was an easy win for Daniel Craig. Matt Damon has zero personality and zero charisma. It's amazing really, that they could make 3 Bourne films with Damon as he only has two facial expressions to play around with.

But on the other hand, I think this poll was tilted in Damon Bourne's favor. For starters, he's had two films to impress us with, whereas Craig has only had one. We're also right in the middle of Bourne-mania (if there is such a thing), with ads all over the tv, banners on the imdb, and the new film opening in a few days. Bourne is in the spotlight right now, and Bond is not, so it isn't really a fair fight...yet Craig still wins. I wonder what the results would be like if they ran this same poll in the first week of November 2008.

What I meant was: In my opinion it is very easy to choose between Craig and Damon... its not even a competion for Craig . My "easy win" comment was not based on any statistical analysis of this poll.

What are Daniel Craigs acting limits?

I don't know about any direct limits but I think he'd do well to play to his strength of characters with a dark side, with something more behind the eyes. To see him play the everyman would be to miss something in him and be a waste.

I don’t think Craig would ever do an everyman. I think he’d either flat turn down the role, or take it and make the man not so ‘every’.

Basically I’ve got a good feeling about him and I think we’ll see some interesting stuff down the road. Possibly a few clunkers along the way, but only because he’ll be willing to take a stab at something left of center.

He played an everyman-ish character in Enduring Love and was great in that. But yes, generally Craig hasn't done much in the way of light-hearted romps or romantic comedies. But who knows, with his newfound 'sexy' status, maybe he'll get offered some of those parts?

The only bad performance I've seen from Craig was in Lara Croft. Either his heart wasn't in it or he's not cut out for light-hearted, frothy action flicks with female Bonds in padded bras.

Apparently I'm alone in believing that Craig has any real limits. I love him to pieces but don't buy him as god. So I'll just add.
1) He's proven that he has a deft comic touch and good timing. But I don't think he could pull off a light comedy. And he must never go anywhere near Oscar Wilde.
2) I don't believe he could have pulled off anything even close to Kenneth Brannaugh's performance in the classic Dead Again: a perfect combination of toughness, tenderness, cynical sweetness and humor. And, oh man, that Yankee accent.
3) He simply couldn't do--in the unlikely event that he chose to--a standard action thriller. Dan's cool as all get-out, but not laid-back McQueen or Willis cool. There's too much going on upstairs in that expressive face of his. Maybe the greater the actor, the less chance of pulling such roles off. (Robert De Niro slumming in Midnight Run?)

Craig is a brilliant actor. He has no boundaries.

There isn't much that Craig can't do. But in your hearts you surely know he couldn't have played Rocky
I'll agree. I have a hard time imagining Craig achieving the unbridled cuddliness of a Rock. He's got too much edgy fire in him. I believe he would be able to dull the edges, and so bland, he might be able to do. (I take back my comment about not doing an 'everyman' role.)
But a smooshy, gooey, want to take him home put him on my lap and feed him mashed 'taters teddy bear role?... mmm, don't think so.

Unlimited! From what I`ve seen, he can be everyone he wants, because he dives into the character and becomes the person. He is not acting as somebody. Like, he doesn`t try to be cool, he just is. And that´s the magic and the talent for me.
He even proved, that he can pull off the light moments quite easily like he did in his Bond scenes or on Comic Relief.
So in my book - no limits.
I would say, he is limiting himself perhaps, because he doesn`t care about certain roles, he would consider as to uninteresting.

I think I saw him or his younger borther on some old drama on tv last night I think it was called Kiss and Tell. If it wasnt him whoever it was is a fantastic actor. outshone everybody else.

Personally, I loved the torture scene. Though I believed Craig to be Bond from the very start of the film, it was during that torture scene that I was totally and utterly convinced that this Bond is a bad mofo. He knew it hurt. Le Chiffre knew it hurt. But Bond wasn`t going to tell him a thing. Craig`s Bond was prepared to die, Vesper with him, just so the bad guys wouldn`t get their money and so Le Chiffre would remain a hunted man. It was great how it was Le Chiffre who was starting to get frustrated when Bond was in the most dire position. I think they did such a great job, Craig especially, in conveying just how painful that was, as if males in the audience couldn`t already imagine. The man was screaming in pain, of course. But he didn`t express humor just to let out a one-liner or two, he did it to **** the bad guy off. That`s when I was sure that Craig`s Bond was a bad, tough secret agent.

For the newbies something to have a real good laugh about:
The true facts about Daniel Craig
http://debrief.commanderbond.net/index. ... opic=37032
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

livetwice

Post by livetwice »

Germangirl wrote:livetwice for you - so you won´t need your dictionary anymore in the near future :wink:

[/url]
:D GG all kind of encouragement are fully appreciated :mrgreen: I must admit that learning english by translating DC articles is much more interesting than the classical method :wink:

I have to print them and just like Dunda, study them very carefully ... :D
You only live twice or so it seems..
One life for yourself and one for your dreams...And one day I realize that I was addicted to Daniel Craig's blue eyes.
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

livetwice wrote:
Germangirl wrote:livetwice for you - so you won´t need your dictionary anymore in the near future :wink:

[/url]
:D GG all kind of encouragement are fully appreciated :mrgreen: I must admit that learning english by translating DC articles is much more interesting than the classical method :wink:

I have to print them and just like Dunda, study them very carefully ... :D
I print them too. To take them to bed with me. Poor substitute, I know.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Just found this one from 2005-05-25, espacially the one in big letter is very, very interesting and will inspire some naughty dreams :twisted: :

source: http://danielcraig.ucoz.ru/publ/3-1-0-19

Bondage Boy: 'I've Got 2 First Names'
Houston Chronicle; 05/25/05
Oddsmakers have Daniel Craig as a top contender in the next James Bond sweepstakes. Americans will understand better after they see Craig in the slick and wicked little British crime hit, Layer Cake, opening Friday.

Craig recently was in Austin for two months playing murderer Perry Smith in Every Word Is True, about Truman Capote's friendship with Smith, the subject of In Cold Blood. Due next year, the film also stars Sandra Bullock and Gwyneth Paltrow.

Craig really liked Austin.

"I had to kind of stay out of town though," he said. "It's a town you can get into trouble in."

Meaning what, all the bars?

"Yeah. They had to move me outside."

Any favorite haunts?

"All of them."

Craig also is signed to star in Steven Spielberg's upcoming film about the hunt for the terrorists after the 1972 Olympics. So we decided we'd better ask him some Too Much Information questions before he becomes a big star. Or James Bond.

Q: What do your friends call you?
A: Dan, Daniel or (poop)head. Depending.

Q: Who would you pay to see in a celebrity death match?
A: That's a tricky one. Let's think. Michael Jackson and Joan Rivers. I'd like to see the skin fly.

Q: Do you have any superstitions?
A: Many. It depends on my mood. For some reason, new shoes on a table. That comes and goes. It's bad luck, I've no idea why. It's something my father did.

Q: What do you wear to bed?
A: Nothing. My birthday suit.

Q: Have you ever belonged to a fan club?
A: When I was a kid, a comic fan club, which was a secret society. I think the magazine was called Warlord. I hated the magazine. It was the club I wanted to be a member of. You got secret codes.

Q: What CD are you listening to?
A: Jeff Buckley.

Q: Do you collect anything?
A: I don't really, but if I could I would collect art.

Q: Lights on, or lights off?
A: Oh, um, lights on.

Q: Anything stuck on your fridge door?
A: Yes, sadly, one of those poetry things, with the different words for making poems.

Q: What have you been influenced to buy by a commercial?
A: Um. Just about everything I'm afraid. I'm a complete pushover.

Q: I would never...
A: I would never, um...kiss on the first date.

Q: Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
A: There's only one, Sean Connery.
Tigertash

Post by Tigertash »

Yes it certainly will :shock: :wink:
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Wait a minute... he doesn't kiss on the first date?!!!
Crazy!
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:Wait a minute... he doesn't kiss on the first date?!!!
That's why we have to date him twice (as minimum) :lol: :lol:
Tigertash

Post by Tigertash »

OMG he gets called POOP Head, I call my little brother that :shock:

Lights on too girls :wink: :wink:
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Tigertash wrote:OMG he gets called POOP Head, I call my little brother that :shock:
actually, Poop is in paranthesis, I think it was s**t head. Which I find very funny.
Crazy!
Tigertash

Post by Tigertash »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:
Tigertash wrote:OMG he gets called POOP Head, I call my little brother that :shock:
actually, Poop is in paranthesis, I think it was s**t head. Which I find very funny.
yes I call it him in the both ways :lol: :lol:
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:
The only thing I remember is Potato Head :lol: :lol: :

Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

"Q: Who would you pay to see in a celebrity death match?
A: That's a tricky one. Let's think. Michael Jackson and Joan Rivers. I'd like to see the skin fly. "

I like this part! I would pay to see that to, maybe DC could finance it :twisted:
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

"
Craig really liked Austin.

"I had to kind of stay out of town though," he said. "It's a town you can get into trouble in."

Meaning what, all the bars?

"Yeah. They had to move me outside."

Any favorite haunts?

"All of them."

This part was interesting. He is admitting to misbehaving. Was he with Satsuki then or was he on his own and getting into trouble?