Craig and Kidman to return for sequels

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

mickey01

Post by mickey01 »

Hey,

Found this:

Posted by jessia on August 18, 2007 at 12:49 am

The official film blog has posted two items from from the 24 August issue of Entertainment Weekly. The magazine indicates that she and Daniel Craig have both signed on to return for the next two films. Nicole Kidman comments on her role as the Magisterium’s villain, saying in the article, “The Catholic Church is part of my essence. I wouldn’t be able to do this film if I thought it were at all anti-Catholic. Of the religious elements in His Dark Materials, Kidman concedes, “It has been watered down a little.” Craig and director Chris Weitz also share their feelings about the production. See the scans here. Thanks to Mockingbird for letting us know.

http://www.bridgetothestars.net/news/cr ... r-sequels/

I think we possibly knew that already but good to have it confirmed! Almost sounds like the sequels are definites now too - I know thy were going to wait and see how the first one did before deciding whether to make the next 2.

TTFN x
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I suppose they feel they have a simi sure fire hit based on a popular book ala ,Narnia ,LOTRs, Potter . More so then some of the recent fantasy films released .
sunny0376

Post by sunny0376 »

In the german TV magazine TV14 is on article about Daniel Craig and Nicole Kidman.

The title of the article is "Die geheimste Liebe des Jahres?"
redluna

Post by redluna »

sunny0376 wrote:In the german TV magazine TV14 is on article about Daniel Craig and Nicole Kidman.

I've read this articel too and I think the validity is very low!!! Definitely the author is a imaginative person :lol:
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

I saw an interview on Charlie Rose yesterday with the co-ceos, chairman from Newline Cinema, the producers of GC et al. Don't know when it was filmed, but they spoke briefly about GC, specifically about the potential of a franchise and producing the next two books. Nothing was confirmed... or denied in the interview. They are going to have a wait and see approach.
Crazy!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

redluna wrote:
sunny0376 wrote:In the german TV magazine TV14 is on article about Daniel Craig and Nicole Kidman.

I've read this articel too and I think the validity is very low!!! Definitely the author is a imaginative person :lol:
They created Danicole in the fashion of Brangelina. How ridiculous is that? Die geheimste Liebe indeed. Not even Dan and Nicole know about it. :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Anglophile

Re: Craig and Kidman to return for sequels

Post by Anglophile »

mickey01 wrote:Hey,

Found this:

Posted by jessia on August 18, 2007 at 12:49 am
Oh, so I wasn't imagining things! I thought I'd read that in some news alert a few weeks ago, but when I wanted to post it, I couldn't find it anymore :lol:
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
sigl

Post by sigl »

The title of the article is "Die geheimste Liebe des Jahres?"[/quote]

What does this mean??
sigl

"For the ones who had a notion
A notion deep inside
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!"

Bruce Springsteen, "Badlands"
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

"The most secret love of the year"
sigl

Post by sigl »

What the hell does THAT mean?? Was there anything in the article besides saying that they will both return for the sequels?? Did I miss something here?
sigl

A notion deep inside

sigl

Post by sigl »

Oooops, Anglo, forgot the thank you for the translation. Sorry, I was so shocked by it, my brains scrambled up for a minute!
sigl

A notion deep inside

Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Germangirl wrote:They created Danicole in the fashion of Brangelina. How ridiculous is that? Die geheimste Liebe indeed. Not even Dan and Nicole know about it. :wink:
Settle down sigl, you didn't miss anything - I never read that article but I think that quote says it all :P :wink:
sigl

Post by sigl »

OK, all setteled down and back to my calm and serene self.......
sigl

A notion deep inside