German DVD-release of "The Trench"

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

vesper

German DVD-release of "The Trench"

Post by vesper »

I was just surfing the Internet and looking for new DC-DVD's to buy or rent and I was very surprised and happy to see that my local videostore is annoncing the release of the German version of "the Trench" called "Der Schützengraben". It will be released on 8th november 2007.
Vesper - Well, I do hope you gave your parents hell for that.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

WOW!
Hopefully it has german or english subs. Then I must have it, even though I have the english version. But I have so great difficulties to understand what's going on between the boys.
vesper

Post by vesper »

They don't write anything about the languages. I hope it will be also in english with the option of german or english subtitles because I don't really like the German voice of Daniel. It doesn't even resemble his real voice.
Vesper - Well, I do hope you gave your parents hell for that.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

vesper wrote:They don't write anything about the languages. I hope it will be also in english with the option of german or english subtitles because I don't really like the German voice of Daniel. It doesn't even resemble his real voice.
Yep, as I have written here in another thread it's quite weird....
In the past I have almost watched german dubbed movies. Once in a blue moon I have watched a nondubbed version.
But than came Daniel and everythig changed :lol: :lol: :lol:
His voice is so unique. Can't stand the dubbed versions. When I went to the cinema to watch CR the first time, I thought that Dietmar Wunder has done a good job (and I think he has done till this day, there are movies which are worse dubbed..Sword of honour is one of those) but now I always prefer the nondubbed version.
A few weeks ago I watched CR with a friend, who doesn't want to watch the non-dubbed version. It feels 'different', it feels wrong. :lol: :lol: