Bond 22 Pre-Production Diary (14)

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Mimi_kitty

Post by Mimi_kitty »

15th October 2007

Casting Searchlight Lands On Brazil
The search for the next Bond girl is well under way, with casting notices sent out specifying "a Latina actress in her late twenties, preferably with South American roots".

MI6 has learned that several Brazilian actresses have met the initial requirements and are under early consideration to play opposite Daniel Craig in the 22nd James Bond film.

Headlining the small group of women hoping they will be eternally known as a "Bond Girl" is Brazilian actress Camila Alves. The 22 year-old model-turned-actress, who has worked in television and film, seems to meet all of the requirements. Her past experience includes a Hollywood production - Alves worked on the 2002 Cuba Gooding Jr. adventure comedy "Snow Dogs" - and her Hollywood contacts include current boyfriend and actor Matthew McConaughey. Up until recently, she lived in New York where she studied acting at the Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute, where the likes of Marlon Brando and Al Pacino cut their teeth.

Alves confirmed that she will be screentesting for the Bond girl role in Rio at some point during the last two weeks of October.

Above: Brazilian model and actress Camila Alves.

Another two actresses reportedly under consideration are Brazilian starlets Juliana Paes and Fernanda Lima, who were in contact with the production by Wednesday 10th October. The agent for 28 year-old Juliana Paes confirmed that she "was very happy about the opportunity" and has already performed an early test in Los Angeles and is due to be called back for another. A representative for Fernanda Lima confirmed the actress is also due to screentest for the Bond girl role. 30 year-old Lima's credentials include "Stuck On You" (2003) starring Matt Damon, and strong English skills.

Above: Bond girl hopefuls Juliana Paes (left) and Fernanda Lima (right)

Casting Alves, Paes or Lima would be the first time that a Brazilian actress has had a major role in a Bond film. Back in 1979, Adele Fátima as cast in "Moonraker" but her character was later recast to Emily Bolton. Adele did shoot some minor scenes around Sugar Loaf Mountain with Roger Moore, but they were cut from the final film

At the moment I find only Alvas and Lima attractive

Paes looks more like a Bondgirl which does not survive half of the film( like Solange)

My opinion :o
Cause you affect me ...

Fascinate me....
Deb

Post by Deb »

Mmm, I am so jealous right now :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
zonzi

Post by zonzi »

Deb wrote:Mmm, I am so jealous right now :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Same here ... But it's strange to see that Fernanda Lima has that face ... Here in Italy we have a Brazilian showgirl called Fernanda Lima too :?
summer_wine

Post by summer_wine »

Deb

Post by Deb »

They are all so damn hot looking and one of them is going to be getting up close and personal with OUR Daniel :evil:

Personally, I loved Eva Green in CR. I don't know if anyone can replace her in my mind.
sharmaine

Post by sharmaine »

Oh to be Mr. Bond....what a chore that must be for Daniel to be surrounded by beautiful women all the time..... :wink:

Yes, don't they all look so perfect!

I like the one with the tattoo on her pelvis.....how about a little athletic raunch Mr. Bond?
joelle

Post by joelle »

I thought that lady was pregnant with twins the one with the tattoo on her hips.. Im having a tattoo on my back on 27th Oct for me birthday my son
is paying for it wonderful son...do you think Daniel will hold my hand. I will just think of Daniel whilst having it done... Its a fairly big tattoo girls and it is a seal that was in a book on Elizabethan history and I have taken quite a fancy to it.........it was John something or other who was the astronomer to Queen Elisabeth 1st....my husband is hoping when I reach 50 (which is next year) I'll calm down a bit no chance of that 50 is the new 30........ :twisted:
Your life is not about the breadths you take
but the intake of breadths you experience.
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

joelle wrote:Im having a tattoo on my back on 27th Oct for me birthday my son is paying for it wonderful son...do you think Daniel will hold my hand. I will just think of Daniel whilst having it done... Its a fairly big tattoo girls and it is a seal that was in a book on Elizabethan history and I have taken quite a fancy to it.........it was John something or other who was the astronomer to Queen Elisabeth 1st....my husband is hoping when I reach 50 (which is next year) I'll calm down a bit no chance of that 50 is the new 30........ :twisted:
can't wait to see a picture of it! as mentioned in the member tattoo thread, it's addicting. you'll be thinking of the next one, while getting this one.
Crazy!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I'll calm down a bit no chance of that 50 is the new 30........ :twisted:
Soo true - he´s got no chance - we are the 30´s with the brain and knowledge of 50 - who can beat that?
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

joelle

Post by joelle »

[
can't wait to see a picture of it! as mentioned in the member tattoo thread, it's addicting. you'll be thinking of the next one, while getting this one.[/quote]

Funny you should say that I am thinking of the next one .....spooky
its very addictive......... :roll:
sharmaine

Post by sharmaine »

50 is the new 30? I don't remember my 30's at all.....more like late 20's?
I'm having the most fun now than I have in a long time....Here here for Daniel's influence, naughty or not.

Joelle - do remind us of the day of your big birthday....it is a true milestone and with the various posts, I don't want to miss wishing you a great 50th!
joelle

Post by joelle »

Sharmaine October 24th 2008 this is the big day. Which is also United Nations Day which is very apt. With the work that I do.
sharmaine

Post by sharmaine »

That'll be easy to remember - it's my wedding anniversary date.....This year 20 years (not including the 8 years before that)....My god - to be with one man that long I should be awarded a f**king medal or how about a fully loaded, tricked out ride or a penthouse in my favourite town or a all-expense paid vacation to my destination of choice without him!
joelle

Post by joelle »

:wink: ooh sharmaine seems I am bumping into a lot of people where the 24th october is an important date for them...I alas have been with this one 14 years my first 6 1/2 years shud have got the george cross for the first hubby but kicked him into touch........We dont need a medal we got Daniel he loves us.......
summer_wine

Post by summer_wine »

Zonzi, pack your bags (:

http://commanderbond.net/article/4622