Layer Cake Sequel

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

magch

Layer Cake Sequel

Post by magch »

I came across this piece about a sequel to Layer Cake. Nothing is posted on IMDB.com so far though. Hopefully it's true.

Bond's drug deal

Daniel Craig is close to returning to the role that won him the part of Bond. I understand a sequel is on the way to Matthew Vaughn's London gangster movie Layer Cake, the film which persuaded Hollywood to cast the actor as 007. Viva La Madness, set in London and the Caribbean, will feature Craig as a middle-class drug dealer. Vaughn, whose new fantasy film Stardust is out this week, told me: 'I'd like to make a British version of Scarface but Daniel will have to be less showy than Bond for this one. His character likes to go unnoticed, be discreet and shouldn't be buff and handsome.'

Original link to this news piece:
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/review/s ... 16,00.html
sigl

Post by sigl »

Hmmmmm. This article is sort of confusing to me. I thought XXXX died at the end of Layer Cake????? Also, Stardust has been out here for a long time, but perhaps that's not the same in the UK??

I would be very interested in seeing this since I think Layer Cake is my 2nd favorite Daniel movie. Can't wait to see what comes of this!
sigl

"For the ones who had a notion
A notion deep inside
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!"

Bruce Springsteen, "Badlands"
frick35cr

Post by frick35cr »

he did die...unless they made it as a prequel, could be interesting to see how he started in that um line of work? lol or they make the really stupid soap opera move of saying he faked his own death and chances are the movie bombs...
"Evian is Naive spelled backwards."
Dunda
Administrator

Re: Layer Cake Sequel

Post by Dunda »

magch wrote:His character likes to go unnoticed, be discreet and shouldn't be buff and handsome.'
The latter is impossible! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

frick35cr wrote: they make the really stupid soap opera move of saying he faked his own death and chances are the movie bombs...
or Tammy was only dreaming like Pamela in Dallas :wink: :lol: :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
apcxpc

Post by apcxpc »

Please, oh please, let this be true ... *gets down on knees and begs*

We don't know that he dies at the end of LC, only that he gets shot and ends up looking gorgeous in his pool of blood. :)

Plus Daniel said somewhere that he would accept his role in the Layer Cake sequel, as long as Matthew Vaughn is directing it.
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Re: ...

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

apcxpc wrote:Please, oh please, let this be true ... *gets down on knees and begs*

We don't know that he dies at the end of LC, only that he gets shot and ends up looking gorgeous in his pool of blood. :)

Plus Daniel said somewhere that he would accept his role in the Layer Cake sequel, as long as Matthew Vaughn is directing it.
Yes, it's an assumptions we are making ...
he was shot in the last scene, maybe even dying, but not dead.
Crazy!
funnlim

Post by funnlim »

How could there be a sequel when he really really died? But then the last scene was him struggling to breath, so maybe he didn't die? Or maybe it's XXX in heaven? Or maybe it is neither a sequel or a prequel but a new movie altogether with the same concept?

Anyway he was shot in the throat right? How can anyone survive that?

Can he afford Daniel now?

So many questions....no answers.... when is Daniel going to set up his own website? At least we can bombard him with these questions, he can of course choose to ignore us.
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

As I remember the scene he is shot in the shoulder or upper chest with some blood coming out of his mouth . If I recall the commentary correct they left it so you don't know if he dies so there could be a sequel . With Sienna ?
summer_wine

Post by summer_wine »

laredo wrote:With Sienna ?
I hope NO. Don't like her at all...
Loofah

Post by Loofah »

****SPOILER ALERT****

Skip this post if you haven't read the novel or don't want to know!

Potentially there could be a sequel because XXXX does not die in the book. There is an epilogue that was not included in the film.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

apcxpc wrote:
:lol: :lol: How prosaic.

I think, too he was not dead for sure, so they can revive him any time :twisted:
BTW - I think Daniel would work for Mathew for little money, that would be more than for LC for sure, because he got nothing for that.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

magch

Post by magch »

Germangirl wrote:
apcxpc wrote:
:lol: :lol: How prosaic.
:lol: I also thought that was a gorgeous shot. By the way, anybody saw Stardust? I saw it as soon as it came out in the U.S. because I liked Layer Cake. However, maybe I am just not into fantasy stories, it was okay and entertaining enough but not very memorable to me. I did come away thinking OMG Michelle Pfeiffer is still so gorgeous, and I recognized Mark Strong who was also in Our Friends in the North. It has a very good cast, Peter O'Toole and Rupert Everett were hilarious.
daydreamer07

Post by daydreamer07 »

Loofah thank you for the spoiler alert. That is so cool!!! now I have to read the book. :D I loved Layer Cake. Oh, I do hope they make another movie.
Life is to short...live, laugh, love, and always daydream!
sharmaine

Post by sharmaine »

ooooooohhh, nice avatar daydreamer07!....me likey!

Layer Cake 2 - awesome - can't wait!!!
It could be bigger than Bond 22 - wouldn't that beat all.