Daniel interview on GQ UK in December 2007

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

OoOoOh thank you thank you thank you!! Look at that photo at the edge of the cliff, Greg Williams is a genius! Off to read the interview now... :D
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

It worked! thanks for the fresh picts.
Crazy!
redluna

Post by redluna »

Thanks a million!!!!!!! The pics are awesome :D
zonzi

Post by zonzi »

Thank you thank you , jovichick !!!! It's sooo kind of you !
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

jovichick wrote:Ladies, I have no idea what I am doing
jovichick, I have an idea of what you are doing :)

You have made an old woman's heart going faster :lol: :lol:

Wonderful pics. I like that one where he's on the robe, he's definetly too hot for his jeans :lol: :lol:

Mama mia, I have to cool down now! :twisted:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Deb

Post by Deb »

Just back from the shop with the Mag. The pics are mighty fine - specially the one with the rope - help me I'm so excited this minute :P :P :P

Haven't read the text yet, thought I'd log on here first :lol:
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Some interesting news from the GQ interview:

Do you think you'll have more kids?
I'd like to, yes. I'm not planning to at this moment, but yes. Life's so up and down that it would be impossible right now, but if I get some down time, which will happen... I'm not planning to have babies then but I'll definitely think about it. Before that I need to find somewhere new to live. Not that I can afford anywhere in London at the moment. You earn a bit and then go, "Oh, I can't afford now what I could ten years ago."

And this is new as well:

Have you bought anything extravagant?
I've bought a lot of gifts and a few things for myself, nothing too big. I'm quite careful with money. The biggest extravagance will be buying a property when I get around to it.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
This from a man who used to say he wasn't good with money at all. Do I see a learning curve here? :mrgreen:
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Anglophile wrote:Some interesting news from the GQ interview:

Do you think you'll have more kids?
I'd like to, yes. I'm not planning to at this moment, but yes. Life's so up and down that it would be impossible right now, but if I get some down time, which will happen... I'm not planning to have babies then but I'll definitely think about it. Before that I need to find somewhere new to live. Not that I can afford anywhere in London at the moment. You earn a bit and then go, "Oh, I can't afford now what I could ten years ago."

And this is new as well:

Have you bought anything extravagant?
I've bought a lot of gifts and a few things for myself, nothing too big. I'm quite careful with money. The biggest extravagance will be buying a property when I get around to it.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
This from a man who used to say he wasn't good with money at all. Do I see a learning curve here? :mrgreen:
Yes, it was great to read.

I like this part, too:

Q:It used to be the case that when a film hit $100m, the main cast would all get a car. Was there anything like that with CR, what did you get?
A: I git a week in Butlins

:lol: :lol: :lol: Great answer, Daniel! Just wonderful :lol: :lol:

funnlim

Post by funnlim »

Thanks for the scans! Very scary pictures too, that one by the edge of the cliff. Very dangerous and a very Bond moment.

The interview was curiously interesting. A little snippets of his life and the way I read it and he kept repeating the same things..

1. he wants more children but not now.

2. he wants to buy a house but isn't prepared to buy now.

3. like 10 years ago, he still can't commit so I suppose he won't marry anytime soon.

I mean he isn't buying a house so that means he is not settling now, just yet. Revealing stuff. And he can't afford a house? Nope. He is being picky and very careful with money. He seems very keen on talking about money, as if he had to take fame as it is for the sake of money for the sake of a house.

I don't know, he sounds terribly insecure in terms of finance and even personal life. Did you read that part about him playing video games? That one where he said if Satsuki was away for the weekend he becomes very sad and just play games? That he is friendly with people but on the set no one is really a really close friend?

He sounds lonely and is afraid of being lonely and yet is afraid to commit. I kinda emphatise with him. Is living in London is because his daughter is there? Is that why?
sharmaine

Post by sharmaine »

THANK YOU JOVICHICK! Lovely interview and photos. DC dangling from a rope on the edge of a cliff.....goodness!

When Satsuki goes away for the weekend, he gets sad and ends up playing video games.....when she sees "the box" - "That's it".....WOW, I'd like to command that kind of attention, wouldn't you? Who's got the power over whom? Daniel has this power over us but Satsuki seems to have power over him.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

I don't understand it this way :wink: :wink:

terrible insecure in terms of finance and personal life??
I think he has done as he has always done. He has disclosed nothing regarding his real life.
The set is his working place, are you close friend with your co-workers?
I'm not, and this with willfully.

They have asked for the monetary concerns and got an answer. I don't see that that shows that he's keen to talk about money :?

And would you talk about planning to have babies in public, just to read every month ooopss Satsuki has no baby tummy, she has to consult a gynecologist...and so on and so on..

Gosh we know that he's a very privat person so I read the answers I expected to questions like this :wink: :wink:

btw. he has to fight out the same battle as many hubbies and bf have regarding "the box" :lol: :lol:

Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Dunda wrote:I don't understand it this way :wink: :wink:

terrible insecure in terms of finance and personal life??
I think he has done as he has always done. He has disclosed nothing regarding his real life.
The set is his working place, are you close friend with your co-workers?
I'm not, and this with willfully.

They have asked for the monetary concerns and got an answer. I don't see that that shows that he's keen to talk about money :?

And would you talk about planning to have babies in public, just to read every month ooopss Satsuki has no baby tummy, she has to consult a gynecologist...and so on and so on..

Gosh we know that he's a very privat person so I read the answers I expected to questions like this :wink: :wink:

btw. he has to fight out the same battle as many hubbies and bf have regarding "the box" :lol: :lol:
yes, yes, and yes again Dunda. Thanks
Crazy!
agrippina

Post by agrippina »

Thank you very much for the pdf, Jovichick! The mag arrives on these shore only in a week or two and the wait would have been unbearable!

Looking SOOO forward to reading it.... Gotta find my bib first, though!

Grip
sharmaine

Post by sharmaine »

funnlim wrote:He sounds lonely and is afraid of being lonely and yet is afraid to commit
His statement about keeping his working life "just friends for the time that they're working" seems to make sense to me. We all have co-workers that we probably get along with well at work but would not necessarily want to carry on any closer relationship with after work. Everybody's circle is a little different and these circles don't necessarily mix that well.

IMHO - I think that because he's in a business that is so public, you're meeting and working with so many people that your inner circle must get even tighter. It seems that he much rather prefers to have the company of Satsuki and a handful of close friends than to party it up with acquaintances. As he says, he doesn't get a lot of time to himself so whatever he does get, he spends it with people he really wants to spend time with....otherwise out comes the PSP to distract him from actually having to start something (ie: bringing another friend into his circle) he can't give any time to. Good friendships take time to nurture as well. Having very few people in your circle is more comforting and allows you to concentrate on fewer dynamics, especially if you know them well.....less politics.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

WOW - so hoped for it. Thanks :D

Haven´t read it yet, but after reading your comments, I am curious what I´ll make of it.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..