TV Alerts!

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

007Mania wrote:

Just like Daniel in that other interview, when he was adressed as Mr Daniel Craig? He was so struck "Nobody ever said that to me" :lol:
I understand what you mean :lol: ;)
But the real age doesn't count if you feel young in your heart... Image[/quote]

You can say that again. Being here is a "Jungbrunnen" like nothing else is. I do undertand my daughter so much better. Right now, I allow her to see her Tokio Hotel although its gonna be much too late.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Liverpool Rules

Post by Liverpool Rules »

bumblebee wrote:
007Mania wrote:
Germangirl wrote: Sorry, can you tell me where it is, please? Too tiny for me. :lol:
I think LR means this tiny arrow which I marked red here?
;)
It never ceases to amaze me the banality of the questions from "fans" that get thrown at him "Would getting married affect you ability to play Bond?" Huh?
Thanks for finding that! okay, I guess it's the "International Play" symbol :? It's the smallest thing I've ever seen.
"I'm going to want to have sex right until the very end, thank you very much" - Daniel Craig
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

About the Southbank Show
This was good, although, oddly, the Joanna Lumley Where Bond Began doc was actually more informative. And as usual when the South Bank Show deigns to do popular culture it couldn't quite shake off the impression it was slumming it for ratings. (Oh, didn't we all laugh that the South Bank Show's theme was Bonded up...? Oh, we didn't... okay then...)

It was flawed for me in that it seemed to regard only the Connery and Craig eras of any merit. Rog got a nod, Pierce got a slightly bigger one, but George and Tim scarcely got a look-in at all. In fact, I'll have to re-watch it, but I'm not sure Tim even got a name-check. Of course, this was partly dictated by the fact that they'd got interviews with Connery and Craig.

Once one had got over the initial shock of how old, diminished and frail Connery looked (yes, I know he's 78 but on last night's evidence Roger Moore could play his son), it was rather refreshing to see the disagreeable old sod being amiable about Bond for once. Judi Dench was on excellent form, as always, as was Honor Blackman (80, but practically unchanged from Goldfinger - how does the woman do it?).

But the highlight for me was Daniel Craig. Warm, funny, witty, intelligent, gently self-mocking and absolutely comfortable in his own skin, not since Roger Moore have I seen someone so at ease in Bond's shoes (more so, even, I thought than Pierce Brosnan). Of all the men who have played Bond, Timothy Dalton and Daniel Craig are probably the best actors, although Craig is, for me, the better screen actor of the two. But the big difference in how they approach the part was evident last night. For all that Timothy Dalton professed to read and re-read Fleming - and I'm sure he did - he (rather like the South Bank Show itself) never seemed to shake off the impression the material was a little beneath him. Craig never once gives off that vibe; and he certainly didn't in last night's interview.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

redluna

Post by redluna »

James Bond: The South Bank Show (ITV1)

Daniel Craig doesn’t say much, does he? We’re aware he can pack a pair of swimming trunks. He has arms like hams and eyes so blue that he could probably freeze you at 50 paces. The new Bond movie, Quantum of Solace, begins with a brilliant, crunching scene in which he and a baddie chase and fight each other over a series of rooftops in Siena. When he removes his shirt, his beefcake body is a tapestry of bruises and you sense make-up wasn’t needed for that.

But as far as words go, Craig is economical. His Bond isn’t a riot of witticisms and wordplay: whole pages of the Quantum’s script must be littered with THUMP, CRACK, AAGGH, HMMMPFF. Craig’s Bond doesn’t waste time on niceties or explanation; he thumps people. In the rare moments when he isn’t beating up anyone, he stares broodingly into the distance, waiting to beat someone else up.

Poor Melvyn Bragg, tossing questions at this glacial mountain in a special Bond South Bank Show. How does Craig feel about playing such a demanding role? “It makes me feel sore,” was all he got out of Craig. Sean Connery, he said, was his template for Bond: he made all the brutal fighting look easy and there was a clip from Diamonds are Forever with Connery making short work of one opponent in a lift. Barbara Broccoli, daughter of the legendary producer Cubby and co-producer of the franchise since his death, noted Bond’s cultural influence: a certain kind of architecture, even villains from other movies are called “Bondian”.

The sharply dressed designer Ken Adam remembered the creative freedom of working on the films in the 1960s: “The British took their handcuffs off. F*** the empire. It doesn’t exist any longer.” When Dr No was released in 1962, the country was coming out of its grey postwar slouch, and absorbing the cultural impact of kitchen-sink drama. Bond was a splash of colour and bravura; the films were shot in exotic locations and Bond was a definably British hero for the Cold War era. Connery was sexy, stylish and arch: someone said women left the cinema lusting after him, men wanted to be him, but really even the straightest of men probably left the cinema lusting after him, too.

This South Bank Show was a discordant mix of cultural analysis and promotional celebration. If Bond sums up the era he appears in, perhaps Craig — nervy, violent, uncompromising, compromised — speaks of the post-9/11 terror age. Certainly in the new film, the shameful allegiances and activities of government are called into question: Bond is not happy to serve the powers-that-be because he is unsure what they stand for. There is no humour in the films any more and laughs on the South Bank Show were spartan, although John Barry recalled Shirley Bassey asking him what the words to Goldfinger meant. “I told her to ‘just get out there and sing your ---- off’,” he laughed. “And that’s what she did.”

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/ ... 993953.ece
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

http://www.paltalk.com/hollywoodnow/
Quote:
We are excited to announce that Marc Forster will appear on Paltalk's Hollywood Now for a live chat to discuss his much anticipated Bond film, QUANTUM OF SOLACE.

Chat live with Quantum of Solace Director Marc Forster on Paltalk.com! Ask him your questions LIVE on Thursday, October 23rd at 5:00pm New York time.
I sure would like to ask him one or two things :evil:

Its remarkable though, how different those interviews are perceived:

One: But the highlight for me was Daniel Craig. Warm, funny, witty, intelligent, gently self-mocking and absolutely comfortable in his own skin, not since Roger Moore have I seen someone so at ease in Bond's shoes

The Other:

Daniel Craig doesn’t say much, does he?
Poor Melvyn Bragg, tossing questions at this glacial mountain in a special Bond South Bank Show. How does Craig feel about playing such a demanding role? “It makes me feel sore,” was all he got out of Craig.

tracey

Post by tracey »

tigerheart wrote:
tracey wrote:
Cyanaurora wrote:Thank you Tracy! We have such talented, generous members.
The recording bit is easy but I may stumble and need help with the uploading somewhere for you to see. Watch this space....
I'm happy to offer to upload a backup copy if that would help...:)
I have this safely recorded on the HDD but have to wait until hubby gets home to upload it to my computer before trying to post it here via sendspace...unless you can upload any quicker?

Having watched it already, those who have not seen it, are in for a treat as Daniel looks totally gorgeous in a dark blue suit, royal blue tie and pale blue shirt - it really brings out those beautiful blue eyes. It was nice to see him minus the sling too, smiling alot and of course having the odd fidget :)
Lots of QoS clips too.
Vesper - "I'm the money" James - "Every penny of it"
redluna

Post by redluna »

tracey wrote:
tigerheart wrote:
tracey wrote: The recording bit is easy but I may stumble and need help with the uploading somewhere for you to see. Watch this space....
I'm happy to offer to upload a backup copy if that would help...:)
I have this safely recorded on the HDD but have to wait until hubby gets home to upload it to my computer before trying to post it here via sendspace...unless you can upload any quicker?

Having watched it already, those who have not seen it, are in for a treat as Daniel looks totally gorgeous in a dark blue suit, royal blue tie and pale blue shirt - it really brings out those beautiful blue eyes. It was nice to see him minus the sling too, smiling alot and of course having the odd fidget :)
Lots of QoS clips too.
Glad to hear that Tracey :D
tracey

Post by tracey »

tracey wrote:
Elaine_Figgis wrote:
tracey wrote: Great - I like a challenge :D
Anything to be able to share Daniel with you all!
I have an HDD recorder which I will have it on. I think that I might be able to get the recording onto my computer but I don't what format it will be in. I can probably do the conversion OK to a watchable format but depending on the size of the file, I won't know what to do from there?
Once you get it on to your computer, let us know, and we'll talk you through uploading to the web through some sharing sites, so the rest of us can download.

If you are curious, check out Megaupload.com or sendspace.com. But there are others as well. Many thanks
OK, I'll let you know as soon as I have it on my computer and then I'll shout for help. I've heard of Megaupload & sendspace but I've never used them.
I have the entire South Bank Show on my computer now, it's an hours programme but once I have cut out the commercial breaks, it will be about 50mins.
I have also got Megaupload and Sendspace ready to go, I think I prefer Sendspace, it's more on my basic level......
Guidance as to the best way to proceed please so that I can post the download links here for you all tomorrow.
Once I've done this show, I should remember how to do the rest :)
Vesper - "I'm the money" James - "Every penny of it"
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

tracey wrote:
tracey wrote:
Elaine_Figgis wrote: Once you get it on to your computer, let us know, and we'll talk you through uploading to the web through some sharing sites, so the rest of us can download.

If you are curious, check out Megaupload.com or sendspace.com. But there are others as well. Many thanks
OK, I'll let you know as soon as I have it on my computer and then I'll shout for help. I've heard of Megaupload & sendspace but I've never used them.
I have the entire South Bank Show on my computer now, it's an hours programme but once I have cut out the commercial breaks, it will be about 50mins.
I have also got Megaupload and Sendspace ready to go, I think I prefer Sendspace, it's more on my basic level......
Guidance as to the best way to proceed please so that I can post the download links here for you all tomorrow.
Once I've done this show, I should remember how to do the rest :)
If you are comfortable using Sendspace, and it isn't too big for Sendspace, then Sendspace it is!

Hit the 'Browse' button and find the file on your computer. No need to add email address.

Hit 'I accept' and it will upload.

When the upload is complete a page with the download link will load. Don't close the upload page until you have that link. That will break the connection.

then copy and paste the link in the forum.

And Many Thanks!
Crazy!
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

ARCHANGEL will b on the ION on Nov 1 8pm in the states ,

On THE COLBERT REPORT they showed the trailer for QOS and Colbert was pretty funny , maybe someone can put up the link for it if it is on his website , Colbert.com .
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

laredo wrote:ARCHANGEL will b on the ION on Nov 1 8pm in the states ,

On THE COLBERT REPORT they showed the trailer for QOS and Colbert was pretty funny , maybe someone can put up the link for it if it is on his website , Colbert.com .
I know, and my hubby is out of town. Serious Craig fest! I have only seen it once, so good times ahead as we kick into November.
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colber ... -of-solace
Crazy!
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Thanks Elaine 8) .
Ang

Post by Ang »

Germangirl wrote:http://www.paltalk.com/hollywoodnow/
Quote:
We are excited to announce that Marc Forster will appear on Paltalk's Hollywood Now for a live chat to discuss his much anticipated Bond film, QUANTUM OF SOLACE.

Chat live with Quantum of Solace Director Marc Forster on Paltalk.com! Ask him your questions LIVE on Thursday, October 23rd at 5:00pm New York time.
I sure would like to ask him one or two things :evil:

Its remarkable though, how different those interviews are perceived:

One: But the highlight for me was Daniel Craig. Warm, funny, witty, intelligent, gently self-mocking and absolutely comfortable in his own skin, not since Roger Moore have I seen someone so at ease in Bond's shoes

The Other:

Daniel Craig doesn’t say much, does he?
Poor Melvyn Bragg, tossing questions at this glacial mountain in a special Bond South Bank Show. How does Craig feel about playing such a demanding role? “It makes me feel sore,” was all he got out of Craig.
yeah I don't think the second guy even watched the programme, Daniel is very chatty and good humoured, the second review is just unfactual.
Liverpool Rules

Post by Liverpool Rules »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colber ... -of-solace
Oh boy! That was too funny!! Less yakity yak and more sack-it-ty sack :lol: :lol:
"I'm going to want to have sex right until the very end, thank you very much" - Daniel Craig