News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

User avatar
Liverpool Rules
Posts: 1489
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:32 am

Post by Liverpool Rules » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:33 am

Germangirl wrote:
Elaine_Figgis wrote:
Liverpool Rules wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
Sony To Launch Massive Bond Campaign

http://www.sonyinsider.com/2008/09/01/s ... -campaign/
I need to buy a new telly anyway, so I'll see what Sony is rolling out.
I was told yesterday by a friend in Singapore, that there are Bond posters all over the place. :D
The machine starts rolling :D
Countdown!! I'm almost in my skinny pants. What 60 days to go.

ImageImageImage
Image
"I'm going to want to have sex right until the very end, thank you very much" - Daniel Craig

Germangirl
Moderator
Posts: 46372
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Germangirl » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:59 am

Daniel Craig Loves Coke
Not that kind of coke. Coke Zero has brought out a limited-edition bottle to celebrate the partnership with the Quantum of Solace film which means we will see Daniel on Coke bottles.

The $9 million dollar promotion will include limited edition black bottles and of course Daniel Craig's gorgeous face on billboards.

Quantum of Solace is due out next month, will you watch the new Bond flick? As long as he's in a Speedo again, we'd watch any movie with Daniel in it.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Image

User avatar
Elvenstar
Posts: 999
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:31 am
Location: USSR

Post by Elvenstar » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:56 am

Elaine_Figgis wrote:
Liverpool Rules wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
Sony To Launch Massive Bond Campaign

http://www.sonyinsider.com/2008/09/01/s ... -campaign/
I need to buy a new telly anyway, so I'll see what Sony is rolling out.
I was told yesterday by a friend in Singapore, that there are Bond posters all over the place. :D
There are some posters in our cinemas but not that many (Maybe they'll heat up in the fututre... Time wil pass by quickly now. ) although a large teaser 1 was hanging above the entrance of 1 of the most popular cinemas the whole summer. Last week I was surprised to see CR playing on 1 of the large monitors in some TV shop!
Image

BumbleBee84
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 2:39 pm

Post by BumbleBee84 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:21 am

Germangirl wrote:Daniel Craig Loves Coke
Not that kind of coke. Coke Zero has brought out a limited-edition bottle to celebrate the partnership with the Quantum of Solace film which means we will see Daniel on Coke bottles.

The $9 million dollar promotion will include limited edition black bottles and of course Daniel Craig's gorgeous face on billboards.

Quantum of Solace is due out next month, will you watch the new Bond flick? As long as he's in a Speedo again, we'd watch any movie with Daniel in it.
And I read on http://www.chart-king.de/include.php?pa ... ntid=41984 that this campagne will be launched only in Great Britain :(
But hey we have INTERNET :D :D :D

Germangirl
Moderator
Posts: 46372
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Germangirl » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:44 am

I wonder, if he just had to do it or if it is his free willl - I mean, can you imagine Daniel liking to have his face on big billboards? :shock: I can´t.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Image

User avatar
Dunda
Administrator
Posts: 21888
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:08 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Dunda » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:13 am

Germangirl wrote:I wonder, if he just had to do it or if it is his free willl - I mean, can you imagine Daniel liking to have his face on big billboards? :shock: I can´t.
Business is business and he has known what a massive thing this whole JB-franchise was when he signed the contract.
Image

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com

User avatar
bumblebee
Posts: 15189
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:01 pm
Location: British in USA

Post by bumblebee » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:52 am

Dunda wrote:
Germangirl wrote:I wonder, if he just had to do it or if it is his free willl - I mean, can you imagine Daniel liking to have his face on big billboards? :shock: I can´t.
Business is business and he has known what a massive thing this whole JB-franchise was when he signed the contract.
And after the success of CR, Barbara and Sony (it is Sony, right?) are going to make sure they get all the brand endorsements they can get their hands on. Though Coke does seem an odd one. I would have gone with a vodka contract :lol: :lol:

User avatar
sundance
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:11 pm

Post by sundance » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:14 pm

The October 'Empire' issue is available to buy,now!!!
I got my copy today from my local 'Sainsbury's'

User avatar
louise
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:39 pm
Location: England

Post by louise » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:34 pm

sundance I got my copy from my local Tesco! supermarket wars eh :)

Image

User avatar
sigl
Posts: 651
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:37 pm
Location: Minnesota

Post by sigl » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:11 pm

I'm arriving in London on Sunday, so I'll actually be able to get one! I land at Heathrow and then go to Manchester on my way to a 7 day walking trip in the Lake District. I've checked on the weather channel and it looks like the sun hasn't been shining there (or in London) for most of the summer!! Ah well, whatever happens, it will be an adventure!
sigl

"For the ones who had a notion
A notion deep inside
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!"

Bruce Springsteen, "Badlands"

cornell01
Posts: 786
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:33 pm

Post by cornell01 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:31 pm

Anna wrote:There was a blurb on pagesix.com saying Daniel was sighted today in a New York restaurant with the Barbara Broccolii.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09032008/go ... 127257.htm
Yes, nice scoop, Anna! He was buying champagne in London a couple of weeks ago. Now he's back in the U.S. Sure is doing a lot of flying, for a person who was "seen nursing pre-flight jitters with gf Heike Makatsch" as reported several years ago. Actually many years ago.

User avatar
Ang
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:46 pm
Location: UK

Post by Ang » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:45 am

bumblebee wrote:And after the success of CR, Barbara and Sony (it is Sony, right?) are going to make sure they get all the brand endorsements they can get their hands on. Though Coke does seem an odd one. I would have gone with a vodka contract :lol: :lol:
heheh yeah but they're very keen to push Bond as a 'family' brand, hence no alchohol and it's ideal for Coke because the brand is essentially aimed at men who want to lose weigh/be fit (it's diet coke for men) and if Daniel's fit body is attached to Coke Zero in their minds it'll sell as a result.

I like the bottle, although I don't like diet coke

advicky
Posts: 1738
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:37 pm

Post by advicky » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:53 pm

cornell01 wrote:
Anna wrote:There was a blurb on pagesix.com saying Daniel was sighted today in a New York restaurant with the Barbara Broccolii.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09032008/go ... 127257.htm
Yes, nice scoop, Anna! He was buying champagne in London a couple of weeks ago. Now he's back in the U.S. Sure is doing a lot of flying, for a person who was "seen nursing pre-flight jitters with gf Heike Makatsch" as reported several years ago. Actually many years ago.
Perhaps he has photoshootings. I think he will be on the cover of EW.

User avatar
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator
Posts: 7195
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:27 pm

Post by Elaine_Figgis » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:56 pm

ad78472 wrote:
cornell01 wrote:
Anna wrote:There was a blurb on pagesix.com saying Daniel was sighted today in a New York restaurant with the Barbara Broccolii.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09032008/go ... 127257.htm
Yes, nice scoop, Anna! He was buying champagne in London a couple of weeks ago. Now he's back in the U.S. Sure is doing a lot of flying, for a person who was "seen nursing pre-flight jitters with gf Heike Makatsch" as reported several years ago. Actually many years ago.
Perhaps he has photoshootings. I think he will be on the cover of EW.
So close, yet so far!
Crazy!

User avatar
Liverpool Rules
Posts: 1489
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:32 am

Post by Liverpool Rules » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:23 pm

ad78472 wrote:
cornell01 wrote:
Anna wrote:There was a blurb on pagesix.com saying Daniel was sighted today in a New York restaurant with the Barbara Broccolii.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09032008/go ... 127257.htm
Yes, nice scoop, Anna! He was buying champagne in London a couple of weeks ago. Now he's back in the U.S. Sure is doing a lot of flying, for a person who was "seen nursing pre-flight jitters with gf Heike Makatsch" as reported several years ago. Actually many years ago.
Perhaps he has photoshootings. I think he will be on the cover of EW.
Daniel in New York City. Good for them. Some photos should start circulating. They will want or need to start the promo machine.
Image
"I'm going to want to have sex right until the very end, thank you very much" - Daniel Craig

Post Reply