News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

User avatar
bumblebee
Posts: 15189
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:01 pm
Location: British in USA

Post by bumblebee » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:01 pm

Guinness wrote:Can you guess where Daniel Craig's secret tattoo is? Hint: You won't see it on the beach

It's a secret worthy of James Bond himself - a hidden tattoo which only those closest to him could identify.
Daniel Craig has revealed he has one hidden away - and it is beneath his swimming trunk area.
The actor has two often photographed tattoos - one on his shoulder and one on the inside of his right leg.
But on a U.S. chatshow last night he revealed that a third is visible only to those who know him 'intimately'.

Craig did not reveal the image depicted by the hidden tattoo, but speculation on internet chatrooms is that it is the letter H, perhaps in reference to an ex-girlfriend.
Craig made the revelation to U.S. chatshow host Jay Leno on Friday. 'There's one where you wouldn't see it,' he said. 'It's hidden away.'
Leno replied: 'Is it one of those ones where it says OK and then it says Oklahoma?'
And Craig laughed: 'Yeah, [it says] "Welcome to Oklahoma".'
He added: 'I had them done when I was 16 or 17. It was a rebellion thing.


http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... beach.html



Image

umm, does this mean we know him intimately because we know what the tatoo is? wholy crap i wish. and what does the joke between them mean--that his tatoo reads "welcome to oklahoma"...suggesting that his penis is as long as it reads welcome to okalhoma???? jay leno is not a good interviewer. i always squinch my eyes and wait for the next stupid questions...owell didnt watch. ~g
[/quote]

Internet chat boards - ooo, could be us!

User avatar
Dunda
Administrator
Posts: 21913
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:08 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Dunda » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:36 pm

No idea, whether that is true :wink:


Daniel Craig leaves 'desperate' Jonathan Ross shaken and stirred

Jonathan Ross may be keen to trumpet his return to the BBC next week, but Mandrake hears that senior figures at the corporation are beginning to panic at the number of rejections he is receiving from stars he has asked to appear on his chat show.

I can disclose that Daniel Craig, who is promoting his Second World War film Defiance, was invited to be the big-name guest on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross, but refused because of his revulsion at the presenter's "humiliating" behaviour.

The James Bond actor was quizzed by Ross last year. "He came away quite angry from that interview," says Lizzie Cundy, who presents the programme ITV at the Movies, on which Craig has agreed to appear.

"I think he felt it made him look foolish. A lot of stars are saying that Ross does not treat them with respect when they come on his show. They are used to make Ross look good rather than talk about themselves."

Last week, the BBC announced the line-up for Ross's first show after his three-month suspension without pay for leaving obscene messages on the answerphone of Andrew Sachs, the 78-year-old actor.

The line-up featured Stephen Fry, who presents the BBC television series QI, and Lee Evans, the comedian. It was subsequently reported that Tom Cruise was also expected to appear, but a spokesman for the Hollywood actor, who will be in London to promote his latest film, Valkyrie, refuses to confirm this.

"Tom was not aware that Ross had been suspended because of his behaviour," says one of Cruise's associates. "Now that Tom has been told about the phone calls he is having second thoughts. He does not want to be involved in any controversy."

Last month, Mandrake disclosed that Kate Winslet had made clear her unwillingness to appear with Ross because his interviews were "all about him and not the people he invites on to his show".

I am told that Leonardo DiCaprio, her co-star in the film Revolutionary Road, which they will be publicising later this month, has also said no.

Despite paying Ross £18 million over three years, BBC executives have had to resort to offering guests money to appear on his show.

"It is usual with these types of shows that a fee is paid," says a spokesman for the corporation, who declines to comment on suggestions that it has doubled the fee in its desperation.

source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... irred.html
Image

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com

User avatar
Guinness
Posts: 1528
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:15 am

Post by Guinness » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:11 am

i read about what the fruitcakes Jonothan and the "80's haircut dude" mandrake did a month ago. it has been in the news on BBC and NPR here...yeah, Tom Cruise reps didnt know he was suspended? whatever. its my opinion he should go off the air...he and bad hair day boy are too obnoxious and creepy! i saw the interview on u-tube or here-and i remember DC asking "why are you whispering" to him...and DC kept looking back at "manduck" to see if they were making fun of him. not my idea of fun either. thx for letting me know this cuz i kept reading DC was to return there.

User avatar
Lu
Posts: 3415
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:31 am

Post by Lu » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:33 am

I was just reading US Magazine which is a HUGE tabloid mag in the US and there's a picture of Daniel and Ella in there!!

I would be livid if I was him, being a dad, because she's in a bikini and it doesn't leave much to the imagination. :? Why can't they just leave these celeb kids out of it?????? :evil:
My books!
Image

Image

advicky
Posts: 1738
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:37 pm

Post by advicky » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:32 am

Stop the presses: Craig cracks smile

What's this -- Daniel Craig in a good mood? Laughing at his own expense?

Hardly what you expect from an actor dubbed "Grumpy Bond" by the British press. Yet for a recent marathon set of interviews, Craig is agreeable, approachable, laid-back and -- hey, maybe he's having an off day -- prone to cracking a smile.

Turns out, if you want him to lighten up, all you have to do is remind him that, following months of promotional duties for Quantum of Solace and Defiance, he's finally due for a break.

"People intimated that I had a problem with the press, but I never had a problem with the press. I just find this awkward," he says of the interview process. "It's difficult at the best of times. I'm enjoying my work more than I ever have. This process is selling what you do. There's no point making a movie like (Defiance) and getting all Greta Garbo about it and hiding away and say, 'I don't want to talk, leave me alone.' I want to get this out and have people see it."

Still, he confesses to "looking for a little peace and quiet," after which he will be returning to the Bond series for a third time. No surprise there, considering how well his stripped-down secret agent has been embraced by even the snarkiest fans and critics.

"It's incredibly gratifying," he says. "I went into it with just the intention that I leave it in a better place than when I found it. That's all you can do. And hopefully ... I will get out of it before it goes wrong. I never intended to get that part. I never ever thought about doing it; it was completely off my radar. But when the opportunity came up, I just looked at it like as any other job and went, 'I'm going to tear the ass out of this. I've got to get this so right or it's a waste of my time and a waste of everyone else's time.' We've made mistakes, but the quality's good and we'll keep it up if we can."

http://www.winnipegsun.com/entertainmen ... 6-sun.html


Image

Germangirl
Moderator
Posts: 46398
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Germangirl » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:39 am

:( no Daniel. I wonder why not. He is there, he has a film out...:roll:

Brosnan, Bullock, Butler, Combs and Efron Set as Presenters at Golden Globe Awards
"The 66th Annual Golden Globe Awards" Will Be Telecast Live on NBC Sunday, January 11

HOLLYWOOD, CA - Pierce Brosnan, Sandra Bullock, Gerard Butler, Sean Combs and Zac Efron have been set as presenters at "The 66th Annual Golden Globe Awards" to be telecast live on NBC Sunday, January 11 (8 - 11 p.m. EST) at The Beverly Hilton.

They join previously announced presenters Simon Baker, Drew Barrymore, Glenn Close, Sacha Baron Cohen, Cameron Diaz, Aaron Eckhart, Laurence Fishburne, Ricky Gervais, Jake Gyllenhaal, Salma Hayek, The Jonas Brothers, Jessica Lange, Blake Lively, Jennifer Lopez, Hayden Panettiere, Amy Poehler, Seth Rogen and Martin Scorsese.

Steven Spielberg will receive this year's Cecil B. DeMille Award from the Hollywood Foreign Press Association for his "outstanding contribution to the entertainment field."

"The 66th Annual Golden Globe Awards" will be seen in more than 160 countries worldwide and is one of the few awards ceremonies that span both television and motion picture achievements.

"The 66th Annual Golden Globe Awards" will take place Sunday, January 11, 2009 at The Beverly Hilton with a live telecast airing on NBC at 8 p.m. (EST) and produced by Dick Clark Productions in association with the Hollywood Foreign Press Association. Jorge Camara is President of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association. Orly Adelson, president of dcp and Barry Adelman will executive produce. Chris Donovan is the director and dcp's Bob Bardo is the executive in charge of production.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Image

Daskedusken
Posts: 14135
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Always heading somewhere

Post by Daskedusken » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:31 am

advicky wrote:Stop the presses: Craig cracks smile

What's this -- Daniel Craig in a good mood? Laughing at his own expense?

Hardly what you expect from an actor dubbed "Grumpy Bond" by the British press. Yet for a recent marathon set of interviews, Craig is agreeable, approachable, laid-back and -- hey, maybe he's having an off day -- prone to cracking a smile.

Turns out, if you want him to lighten up, all you have to do is remind him that, following months of promotional duties for Quantum of Solace and Defiance, he's finally due for a break.

"People intimated that I had a problem with the press, but I never had a problem with the press. I just find this awkward," he says of the interview process. "It's difficult at the best of times. I'm enjoying my work more than I ever have. This process is selling what you do. There's no point making a movie like (Defiance) and getting all Greta Garbo about it and hiding away and say, 'I don't want to talk, leave me alone.' I want to get this out and have people see it."

Still, he confesses to "looking for a little peace and quiet," after which he will be returning to the Bond series for a third time. No surprise there, considering how well his stripped-down secret agent has been embraced by even the snarkiest fans and critics.

"It's incredibly gratifying," he says. "I went into it with just the intention that I leave it in a better place than when I found it. That's all you can do. And hopefully ... I will get out of it before it goes wrong. I never intended to get that part. I never ever thought about doing it; it was completely off my radar. But when the opportunity came up, I just looked at it like as any other job and went, 'I'm going to tear the ass out of this. I've got to get this so right or it's a waste of my time and a waste of everyone else's time.' We've made mistakes, but the quality's good and we'll keep it up if we can."

http://www.winnipegsun.com/entertainmen ... 6-sun.html


Image
Thanks advicky, nice little read.
"Leben ist zeichnen ohne Radiergummi"

User avatar
Guinness
Posts: 1528
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:15 am

Post by Guinness » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:05 pm

we who know him "intimately" knows he is NOT grumpy! i luv his sense of humor. thx for the read-i cant find these!

Daskedusken
Posts: 14135
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Always heading somewhere

Post by Daskedusken » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:16 pm

So true, Guinness. He is not grumpy, but very down-to-earth and nice with a great sense of humor.
"Leben ist zeichnen ohne Radiergummi"

User avatar
sundance
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:11 pm

Post by sundance » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:06 pm

Germangirl wrote::( no Daniel. I wonder why not. He is there, he has a film out...:roll:

Brosnan, Bullock, Butler, Combs and Efron Set as Presenters at Golden Globe Awards
"The 66th Annual Golden Globe Awards" Will Be Telecast Live on NBC Sunday, January 11

HOLLYWOOD, CA - Pierce Brosnan, Sandra Bullock, Gerard Butler, Sean Combs and Zac Efron have been set as presenters at "The 66th Annual Golden Globe Awards" to be telecast live on NBC Sunday, January 11 (8 - 11 p.m. EST) at The Beverly Hilton.

They join previously announced presenters Simon Baker, Drew Barrymore, Glenn Close, Sacha Baron Cohen, Cameron Diaz, Aaron Eckhart, Laurence Fishburne, Ricky Gervais, Jake Gyllenhaal, Salma Hayek, The Jonas Brothers, Jessica Lange, Blake Lively, Jennifer Lopez, Hayden Panettiere, Amy Poehler, Seth Rogen and Martin Scorsese.

Steven Spielberg will receive this year's Cecil B. DeMille Award from the Hollywood Foreign Press Association for his "outstanding contribution to the entertainment field."
"The 66th Annual Golden Globe Awards" will be seen in more than 160 countries worldwide and is one of the few awards ceremonies that span both television and motion picture achievements.

"The 66th Annual Golden Globe Awards" will take place Sunday, January 11, 2009 at The Beverly Hilton with a live telecast airing on NBC at 8 p.m. (EST) and produced by Dick Clark Productions in association with the Hollywood Foreign Press Association. Jorge Camara is President of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association. Orly Adelson, president of dcp and Barry Adelman will executive produce. Chris Donovan is the director and dcp's Bob Bardo is the executive in charge of production.

How about Daniel presenting Spielberg with that award!!!
I mean they've worked together,Spielberg made 'The Shildler's List' and now Daniel's in 'Defiance'...

User avatar
Aimee84
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:15 am
Location: Australia

Post by Aimee84 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:07 am

bumblebee wrote:
Guinness wrote:Can you guess where Daniel Craig's secret tattoo is? Hint: You won't see it on the beach

It's a secret worthy of James Bond himself - a hidden tattoo which only those closest to him could identify.
Daniel Craig has revealed he has one hidden away - and it is beneath his swimming trunk area.
The actor has two often photographed tattoos - one on his shoulder and one on the inside of his right leg.
But on a U.S. chatshow last night he revealed that a third is visible only to those who know him 'intimately'.

Craig did not reveal the image depicted by the hidden tattoo, but speculation on internet chatrooms is that it is the letter H, perhaps in reference to an ex-girlfriend.
Craig made the revelation to U.S. chatshow host Jay Leno on Friday. 'There's one where you wouldn't see it,' he said. 'It's hidden away.'
Leno replied: 'Is it one of those ones where it says OK and then it says Oklahoma?'
And Craig laughed: 'Yeah, [it says] "Welcome to Oklahoma".'
He added: 'I had them done when I was 16 or 17. It was a rebellion thing.


http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... beach.html



Image

umm, does this mean we know him intimately because we know what the tatoo is? wholy crap i wish. and what does the joke between them mean--that his tatoo reads "welcome to oklahoma"...suggesting that his penis is as long as it reads welcome to okalhoma???? jay leno is not a good interviewer. i always squinch my eyes and wait for the next stupid questions...owell didnt watch. ~g
Internet chat boards - ooo, could be us![/quote]


hmmm so maybe the H 'isnt' there anymore...maybe a new one?..or a older one we 'havent seen' :twisted:
Image
____________________________________
DC-hes all that with a side of chips!!!!

User avatar
muireann
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:40 pm
Location: Germany

Post by muireann » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:58 pm

Image

Thelma
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:46 pm
Location: France

Post by Thelma » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:04 pm

I don't know that much the Jonas Brothers, but they have great taste :D

Daskedusken
Posts: 14135
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Always heading somewhere

Post by Daskedusken » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:05 pm

Thelma wrote:
I don't know that much the Jonas Brothers, but they have great taste :D
They sure do :D
"Leben ist zeichnen ohne Radiergummi"

Germangirl
Moderator
Posts: 46398
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Germangirl » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:12 am

Never heard of them, but they sure just made me a fan :lol:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Image

Post Reply