News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Faustine wrote:
I tell you what I think about this point. There exists from Sylvia Plath's death an almost universal agreement in which the person guilty of her death was Ted Hughes.

She was bipolar, had had an previous attempt of suicide (before Ted), she knew clearly what man's class Ted was, many friends tried to advise her that should not marry with Ted, the next day of knowing Hughes she wrote a poem. The Pursuit. She speaks about him in these terms.

Sylvia Plath - Pursuit
Dans le fond des forêts votre image me suit.
RACINE

Ted Hughes was a magnificent poet (much more than Sylvia) but there is necessary never forget something: that someone is talented in any area does not mean that is a good person.

Lo de Assia is terrible because, in addition she killed her daughter and symbolically it´s very powerful that has chosen the same way of dying that Sylvia.

Nicholas's death is a tragedy but fits perfectly in all this tragedy in chain.

Something very dark, sick and painful existed in the mind of Sylvia and of Assia (before Ted) that stimulated them to choose a man who was assuring the unhappiness. Ted Hughes was not a monster of two faces, was an unfaithful and egomaniac man, since million in the world is.

I did not like the movie too much but it´s interesting for does not remain with the easiest version.

I agree with you Faustine.

There are no doubts, from more objective sources around at the time, that Ted Hughes was self-absorbed and egocentric. I also think there is something in a man like that which draws a particular type of woman.

I liked the film "Sylvia" because it dared to question what has become almost "received wisdom" - that Sylvia was a helpless fawn to Ted's marauding lion.

There was far more to that relationship than meets the eye. Unfortunately, the feminist backlash in the 60s and 70s against Hughes meant that it has only been recently that people have questioned whether there was more to this than meets the eye.

That their son has committed suicide is tragic. While medical science has not isolated a "suicide gene", there are several well-respected studies which show that clinical depression runs in families, as does bipolar disorder. It is a shame that he did not find someone to share his life with on a permanent basis who could have helped him with his burdens. I feel for the sister left behind. She has a burden of her own to carry.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Last update: 12:16 p.m. EDT March 25, 2009
LONDON, Mar 25, 2009 (UPI via COMTEX) -- British actress Dame Judi Dench has returned to the stage production of "Madame de Sade" after suffering a sprained ankle.
The Oscar-winning "Shakespeare in Love" actress portrays a noblewoman in Japanese scribe Yukio Mishima's "Madame de Sade," which is running at the West End's Wyndham theater and which co-stars Rosamund Pike in the title role. Dench and Pike previously appeared together in the film version of "Pride & Prejudice."
Dench, 74, was unable to star in four performances of the stage drama after she tripped outside the playhouse last week and sustained a severely sprained ankle, the BBC said.
The actress is expected to use a walking stick in performances until she has fully recovered, the British broadcaster said.
"The company are working together to facilitate any changes this may mean to the onstage performances and technical aspects of the production," the Donmar Warehouse theater company said in a statement.
"I am thrilled to be returning to 'Madame de Sade,' and would like to thank everyone for their support during this time," Dench added. "We are having enormous fun as a company, and I am looking forward to getting back to the role of Madame de Montreuil."
www.upi.com
http://commanderbond.net/components/qui ... item=53841
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Germangirl wrote:Last update: 12:16 p.m. EDT March 25, 2009
LONDON, Mar 25, 2009 (UPI via COMTEX) -- British actress Dame Judi Dench has returned to the stage production of "Madame de Sade" after suffering a sprained ankle.
Sounds like she's better then. Good :D
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
calypso

Post by calypso »

JEC57 wrote:
Faustine wrote:
I tell you what I think about this point. There exists from Sylvia Plath's death an almost universal agreement in which the person guilty of her death was Ted Hughes.

She was bipolar, had had an previous attempt of suicide (before Ted), she knew clearly what man's class Ted was, many friends tried to advise her that should not marry with Ted, the next day of knowing Hughes she wrote a poem. The Pursuit. She speaks about him in these terms.

Sylvia Plath - Pursuit
RACINE

Ted Hughes was a magnificent poet (much more than Sylvia) but there is necessary never forget something: that someone is talented in any area does not mean that is a good person.

Lo de Assia is terrible because, in addition she killed her daughter and symbolically it´s very powerful that has chosen the same way of dying that Sylvia.

Something very dark, sick and painful existed in the mind of Sylvia and of Assia (before Ted) that stimulated them to choose a man who was assuring the unhappiness. Ted Hughes was not a monster of two faces, was an unfaithful and egomaniac man, since million in the world is.

I did not like the movie too much but it´s interesting for does not remain with the easiest version.

There are no doubts, from more objective sources around at the time, that Ted Hughes was self-absorbed and egocentric. I also think there is something in a man like that which draws a particular type of woman.

I liked the film "Sylvia" because it dared to question what has become almost "received wisdom" - that Sylvia was a helpless fawn to Ted's marauding lion.

There was far more to that relationship than meets the eye. Unfortunately, the feminist backlash in the 60s and 70s against Hughes meant that it has only been recently that people have questioned whether there was more to this than meets the eye.

That their son has committed suicide is tragic. While medical science has not isolated a "suicide gene", there are several well-respected studies which show that clinical depression runs in families, as does bipolar disorder. It is a shame that he did not find someone to share his life with on a permanent basis who could have helped him with his burdens. I feel for the sister left behind. She has a burden of her own to carry.

gracias for both your replies. this subject is close to me for number of the reasons.
i am trying to process it all.
Last edited by calypso on Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
muireann

Post by muireann »

I know its old, but the last answer of Mads is funny!!!

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

muireann wrote:I know its old, but the last answer of Mads is funny!!!
I don't care if it's old. :lol: :lol:
I haven't read this before, funny read!

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Dunda wrote:
muireann wrote:I know its old, but the last answer of Mads is funny!!!
I don't care if it's old. :lol: :lol:
I haven't read this before, funny read!
Nice, thanks muireann. So Daniel really is that open book that Hannah mentioned. He can't beat Mads at poker because his smile gives away his good hand. Cute.
advicky

Post by advicky »

advicky

Post by advicky »

Empire Awards 2009. The ceremony takes place at London's Grosvenor House Hotel on Sunday, March 29. What do you think?
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

advicky wrote:Empire Awards 2009. The ceremony takes place at London's Grosvenor House Hotel on Sunday, March 29. What do you think?
Hm - he doesn´t seem to be too keen to be in the public eye at the moment, which I can understand after all that "being in the limelight".

On the other hand, I still doubt that he was really due to present at the Young Filmmakers: 1. because of Sienna and 2. because nothing of the No Show was reported the next day.

So hopefully he is in the spirit to go and let us have some new pics and a look on how the hair is doing :lol:

calypso

Post by calypso »

calypso wrote:
JEC57 wrote:
Faustine wrote:

Sylvia Plath - Pursuit
RACINE

gracias for both your replies. this subject is close to me for number of the reasons.
i am trying to process it all.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... Plath.html
'Nick did not have the suicide gene. It's drivel', say friends of the tragic son of Sylvia Plath.
ImageImage
JoniJoni

Post by JoniJoni »

Daniel Craig's ex-girlfriend one of G20 masterminds

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/200 ... -21236631/
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

JoniJoni wrote:Daniel Craig's ex-girlfriend one of G20 masterminds

Forever defined as Craig's ex and a Playboy bunny. Poor woman.
JoniJoni

Post by JoniJoni »

bumblebee wrote:
JoniJoni wrote:Daniel Craig's ex-girlfriend one of G20 masterminds

Forever defined as Craig's ex and a Playboy bunny. Poor woman.
Not to forget "a 41-year-old former topless model".

Pity her, they make it sound like there's not much chance for a comeback.