News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

advicky

Post by advicky »

Daniel Craig Voted Most Wanted Passenger

Daniel Craig has been voted the number one Hollywood hunk that women drivers would most like as a passenger in their car, despite the daring driving seen in the latest James Bond instalment, Quantum of Solace.

A survey of 2,000 Diva car insurance customers found that British actor Daniel Craig is now the hottest Hollywood totty securing 20% of votes. Brad Pitt came in a close second place (17%) and George Clooney swept in at third (12%).

Star of Prison Break Wentworth Miller made fourth position (9%), closely followed by ex Desperate Housewives actor Jesse Metcalfe (6%).

Those that scored highly but didn’t quite make the top five included Orlando Bloom, Christian Bale and Colin Farrell.

Rebecca Corbett, Head of Diva car insurance for women said: "For many years Brad Pitt has always come top of the polls for most popular male Hollywood star. It is good news that a British actor has now taken the top spot - the English accent is clearly a winner with Diva drivers."

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/lifestyle- ... -7998.html
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

advicky wrote:Daniel Craig Voted Most Wanted Passenger
way to go, Daniel. I wouldn't mind driving with him or have him as a passenger
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

advicky wrote:Daniel Craig Voted Most Wanted Passenger

Daniel Craig has been voted the number one Hollywood hunk that women drivers would most like as a passenger in their car, despite the daring driving seen in the latest James Bond instalment, Quantum of Solace.
WOW - this really surprises me - as I didn´t think he was that polular in the US. Only shows how much I know. :lol:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sazza

Post by Sazza »

I wouldn't mind being in a car with him. Either as a passenger or driver! Mind u being the passenger might be a better idea. Might get distracted otherwise!! :twisted: :twisted:
"If the only thing left of you was your smile and your little finger, you'd still be more of a man than anyone I've ever known."
calypso

Post by calypso »

Never mind passenger, he would be back seat in my car. :twisted:
ImageImage
Linda

Post by Linda »

No, I want him in the back seat of my car Caly. Remember, you have to share him with me? You get him first, and then I will keep him. OK?
Guinness

Post by Guinness »

Make sure you drop him off at my car next---big ole Toronato--1970 kind where 2 people can stretch out and slide on the vinyl seats when they are wet...um, did i ---yes, i did!!!
calypso

Post by calypso »

Linda wrote:No, I want him in the back seat of my car Caly. Remember, you have to share him with me? You get him first, and then I will keep him. OK?
ok..is deal but i go for the bumpy ride with him first si? :twisted:

la la la...
ImageImage
Linda

Post by Linda »

calypso wrote:
Linda wrote:No, I want him in the back seat of my car Caly. Remember, you have to share him with me? You get him first, and then I will keep him. OK?

la la la...
Ok, you can bump him around as much as you want, that will only get him ready for me. ha ha
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Linda wrote:
calypso wrote:

la la la...
Ok, you can bump him around as much as you want, that will only get him ready for me. ha ha
You guys will be bruised and battered before you even get to settle down :lol: Like -"Don´t touch me here, it HURTS, yeah, there is better, noo wait - Autsch!!
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Bond dropped me off a roof

HE’S smashed his shoulder, broken both legs, fractured his pelvis and set fire to his face and hands.
It’s all in a days work for professional stunt man Derek Lea.

But the Quantum of Solace star is the first to admit the real British heroes are Our Boys and Girls fighting the Taliban in Afghanistan.

He is one of the most experienced stuntmen in the world, providing death defying tricks on numerous Hollywood blockbusters.

His latest cinema role saw him fighting Daniel Craig in the last 007 film, before plunging from the top of building and through the roof of a car.

But Derek, 45, says he has nothing but awe and admiration to for troops on the front line: “Being a stuntman has its dangers but what they are doing out there is astonishing. They don’t know where the next attack is coming from and that must be a hard environment to live in.”

Derek knows a thing or two about the dangers of warfare after working with Steven Spielberg on WWII epic Saving Private Ryan.

I’ve still got the scars to prove it.”

In the latest Bond movie Lea plays a villain who takes on Daniel Craig in a rooftop brawl.

“We run into each other on the roof and he has me by the throat and dangles me over the edge.

“When he asks me who I am and what I’m doing I tell him to p*** off. Then he drops me off the roof. I enjoyed that film because there were only two swear words in the entire script and I got one of them. Judi Dench got the other one.”

In his twenty years as a top stunt Derek has seen a lot of changes to the industry.

“These days in movies there’s a lot of reliance on CGI, but unless it’s done on a huge budget it just doesn’t beat the real thing.

“Lord of the Rings was the first time CGI started to look really special and convincing, but even now when I see I film I can tell when they’ve not had a big enough budget for the computer graphics stuff.

“The best thing about Quantum of Solace is the director used real stunt men for the action so it all looks absolutely top drawer.

“The fact that there were so many accidents on the set during the making of the film indicates who much action there is.

“For action I think this is definitely the best Bond film yet.”

source: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fe ... 354371.ece

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Daniel Craig ranked 4th on GQ`s best-dressed list

Actor News - 03-04-09

The Telegraph reports that Mark Ronson has won the title of Britain's best dressed man in the annual list compiled by GQ magazine, topping a group that includes Conservative leader David Cameron and the Prince of Wales.

Others riding high in the list include Guy Ritchie while Lucian Freud, at 86-year-old, is a "new entry" at number six.
Other in the top 10 included There Will Be Blood actor Daniel Day-Lewis and footballer David Beckham.

US President Barack Obama, who is in the UK this week for the G20 summit, came first in GQ's top international best dressed list.

Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand, who notoriously made prank calls to Fawlty Towers actor Andrew Sachs, came first and second respectively in the magazine's worst dressed list. Prime Minister Gordon Brown was third worst dressed.

Last year's number one, Daniel Craig, slipped to number four.

Here are GQ's top 20 best-dressed men In Britain 2009 (with last year's position in brackets):

1. Mark Ronson (30)
2. Guy Ritchie (new entry)
3. Tom Ford (5)
4. Daniel Craig (1)
5. The Prince of Wales (25)
6. Lucian Freud (new entry)
7. David Furnish (10)
8. David Cameron (8)
9. Daniel Day-Lewis (9)
10. David Beckham (6)
11. Bobby Gillespie (new entry)
12. Christopher Bailey (22)
13. Alex Turner (new entry)
14. Christian Bale (new entry)
15. David Walliams (11)
16. Sir Elton John (17)
17. Lewis Hamilton (15)
18. Jamie Redknapp (new entry)
19. Jarvis Cocker (16)
20. Giles Deacon (19)

http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?ite ... mi6&s=news
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/bus ... -23319857/

Daniel makes into the Top 50 earners of the UKs north-west region......
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

JEC57 wrote:http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/bus ... -23319857/

Daniel makes into the Top 50 earners of the UKs north-west region......
Worth every penny... :wink: