News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

JEC57 wrote:Princes star in green web film

(Daniel's in it too :) )

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8033562.stm

I have just added that info on our homepage including a link to the site where this film will be broadcasted today a 6:00 pm BST (7:00 pm MESZ)

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Guinness

Post by Guinness »

Dunda wrote:Very old "news" :lol:.

I just found an article about Satsuki from 1993 about her time as track and field athlete. Doesn't sound like "an insecure person" to me :wink:. Seem as if she has been confident and good in what she was doing.

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource. ... ug=1695045
Yeah. Not an insecure person at all. Just "very outspoken" and assertive. Wow, to say something like this about a new school IN THE LOCAL NEWSPAPER! She probably made a lot of friends that day!! WTH?

But, she said, "I do regret moving. I was more involved in school activites. I'm a little more reluctant to go to football games or basketball games because the teams are so bad."

What has worked for Mitchell is the coaching staff at the Kirkland school.

"We have a lot more coaches that seem to know a lot, and they've really helped me improve," she said. "I've opened with better times this year. And I've actually been coached on my events."

That is a great tribute to all coaches everywhere. WTH?

"your honor, I rest my case"..............
calypso

Post by calypso »

Guinness wrote:

I just found an article about Satsuki from 1993 about her time as track and field athlete. Doesn't sound like "an insecure person" to me :wink:. Seem as if she has been confident and good in what she was doing.

Yeah. Not an insecure person at all. Just "very outspoken" and assertive. Wow, to say something like this about a new school IN THE LOCAL NEWSPAPER! She probably made a lot of friends that day!! WTH?

But, she said, "I do regret moving. I was more involved in school activites. I'm a little more reluctant to go to football games or basketball games because the teams are so bad."

"We have a lot more coaches that seem to know a lot, and they've really helped me improve," she said. "I've opened with better times this year. And I've actually been coached on my events."

Shame, no pictures.
ImageImage
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

what I find more intersting is the following:

"That's what's hard about being good," L.W. girls coach Roger Hansen said.
Despite often being 10 and 20 yards ahead of opponents by the end of short races.
"It takes a special kid that can do it," Hansen said. "In this day and age, that's not the average kid who can focus and compete at that high level. We feel really fortunate to have kids like that."

Mitchell's own expectations provide more pressure than anyone else's could.
"You have to keep saying, `I want a better time,' " she said. "People on the team say, `You won the race!' But that doesn't work (for me) anymore. It worked in ninth and 10th grade."

That's an attitude I often recognise at people who are really good in the things they are doing, e.g sports, arts, etc.
That's the attitude which causes really great achievements.
And I think that's a treat she has in common with Daniel. Not to rest on their laurels. Always searching for a new challenge.

Guinness

Post by Guinness »

calypso wrote:
Guinness wrote:

Shame, no pictures.
I wonder why she had to move... (biting my tongue REALLY HARD HERE. IT REALLY HURTS! OWWW)
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Guinness wrote:
calypso wrote:
Guinness wrote: Yeah. Not an insecure person at all. Just "very outspoken" and assertive. Wow, to say something like this about a new school IN THE LOCAL NEWSPAPER! She probably made a lot of friends that day!! WTH?

Shame, no pictures.
I wonder why she had to move... (biting my tongue REALLY HARD HERE. IT REALLY HURTS! OWWW)
well. there are some lists in the www which show her name always in the first three posssitions of every competition she was in. That's pretty common to move to another school to get into better sport teams, particular if the school has such a professional team or trainers.

As far as I know this is just a usual thing in sports.

calypso

Post by calypso »

Dunda wrote:what I find more intersting is the following:

"That's what's hard about being good," L.W. girls coach Roger Hansen said.
Despite often being 10 and 20 yards ahead of opponents by the end of short races.
"It takes a special kid that can do it," Hansen said. "In this day and age, that's not the average kid who can focus and compete at that high level. We feel really fortunate to have kids like that."

Mitchell's own expectations provide more pressure than anyone else's could.
"You have to keep saying, `I want a better time,' " she said. "People on the team say, `You won the race!' But that doesn't work (for me) anymore. It worked in ninth and 10th grade."

That's an attitude I often recognise at people who are really good in the things they are doing, e.g sports, arts, etc.
That's the attitude which causes really great achievements.
And I think that's a treat she has in common with Daniel. Not to rest on their laurels. Always searching for a new challenge.
Not focusing on Satsuki here but I agree, but as with all "talents" people must execute with finesse, that is the key.
and realize that other people may not appreciate certain ways.
I have found that out over years.
'bull in china shop" approach rarely works with me, no matter what talent or determination people have.
ImageImage
Guinness

Post by Guinness »

Dunda wrote:
Guinness wrote:
calypso wrote: Shame, no pictures.
well. there are some lists in the www which show her name always in the first three posssitions of every competition she was in. That's pretty common to move to another school to get into better sport teams, particular if the school has such a professional team or trainers.

I am not sure what your point is here. From this part of the country in the USA-it is not a usual thing in high school sports. are you saying she moved to different schools to get a good track coach? That she was looking for a great track coach IN HIGH SCHOOL???? Becasue she needed a scholarship for college? I was just being sarcastic on why she had to move...just childish like i am!! like maybe she moved because she didn't have any friends or if she smelled? that's all.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

that's maybe the reason why you and I are no Olympic champions :lol: :lol:

btw I see nothing wrong here the articel says

"It hasn't been that bad," said Mitchell, a junior who transferred from Mercer Island this school year. "I was amazed I could fit in so easy.

"I miss a lot of the people there (at M.I.), but I've made new friends here. It's not that bad."

Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

Do you know why she stopped going in for sports? If she was so succesful. Trauma or smth?
Im not that familiar with her biography :oops:
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Guinness wrote:
Dunda wrote:
Guinness wrote: I wonder why she had to move... (biting my tongue REALLY HARD HERE. IT REALLY HURTS! OWWW)

I am not sure what your point is here. From this part of the country in the USA-it is not a usual thing in high school sports. are you saying she moved to different schools to get a good track coach? That she was looking for a great track coach IN HIGH SCHOOL???? Becasue she needed a scholarship for college? I was just being sarcastic on why she had to move...just childish like i am!! like maybe she moved because she didn't have any friends or if she smelled? that's all.
I don't know about US but in Germany kids who are good at sports often move to other schools to get the best possible advancement.
And in Germany it starts when the kids are young. Two friends of mine have daugthers which have been approached by schools when they have been 10 or rather 12 years old.
And we have special schools for football-player, ski-jumper etc. The talented kids start there when they leave the elementary school at an age about 10 years.

I thought it's the same thing in US at least in popular sports like track and field or basketball.

calypso

Post by calypso »

Elvenstar wrote:Do you know why she stopped going in for sports? If she was so succesful. Trauma or smth?
she might have become interested in film at that point then.
i think she graudated in media studies.
then off to hollywood.
ImageImage
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Elvenstar wrote:Do you know why she stopped going in for sports? If she was so succesful. Trauma or smth?
I think nobody is familiar with her biography, except her family, friends and Daniel :lol:

No idea, but I can imagine am athletic injury. There are a few pic where she has splinted (right term here?) her leg, due to a knee injury.
And those kind of sports often go along with that kind of injury.

Or maybe she just has given up, because she didn't like it no more or she was not that good to reach the top quartile :wink:

calypso

Post by calypso »

Dunda wrote:
I think nobody is familiar with her biography, except her family, friends and Daniel :lol:

No idea, but I can imagine am athletic injury. There are a few pic where she has splinted (right term here?) her leg, due to a knee injury.
And those kind of sports often go along with that kind of injury.

Or maybe she just has given up, because she didn't like it no more or she was not that good to reach the top quartile :wink:
i am a little familiar with it. that is why i posted what i did.
the knee injury was torn meniscus she recieved doing yoga.
maybe it was worn due to past history.
ImageImage
Guinness

Post by Guinness »

I think our countries have 2 different educational systems....you have to have established residence in the town district to compete in that school's athletics. so her family moved for her to compete in the different levels of high schools? People choose where they want their kids to go school BEFORE they choose a house...so maybe her family has many houses? I don't know. but if everyone got to choose where they go based on what school has the best athletic program..... um. not sure that would work with lesser amount of students. (I am a "gym" teacher and coach...) :D