News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Zibzabzut wrote:Probably reading a poem, which is still exciting and for a wonderful cause (though ticket prices are currently WAY out of my price range lol).
Guess its save to say - he won´t sing :lol:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

Germangirl wrote:
Zibzabzut wrote:Probably reading a poem, which is still exciting and for a wonderful cause (though ticket prices are currently WAY out of my price range lol).
Guess its save to say - he won´t sing :lol:
Maybe, when there's enough alcohol... :roll: :lol:
PhoenixMagicBondGirl

Post by PhoenixMagicBondGirl »

I was watching TV today and saw a commercial with Daniel. He was sitting in a chair with a frog nearby (on his shoulder, I think) and he explained to the camera, that he was an actor and a friend of frogs (if I remember correctly). Then other people like Harrison Ford, Robin Williams, Princes William and Harry and lastly Prince Charles of Wales, (all of whom had frogs either on themselves somehow or nearby) who spoke about the importance of saving the rain forest and how climate change is very quickly killing off the rain forest. They then showed this site:

http://www.rainforestsos.org/
"I go through life thinking it's all going to end tomorrow."

Charlie Crews: "People live through a lot of things you never thought they could."

House: "Everybody lies"
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.askmen.com/specials/2009_top ... an-32.html

Askmen Top 49 Most Influential Men of 2009

# 32 Hugh Jackman

He's already one of Hollywood's biggest stars, but somehow in 2009 -- much like his biceps -- Hugh Jackman got even bigger. Having achieved international stardom as Wolverine in the hyper-successful X-Men franchise, 2009 saw Jackman leave the comforts of an ensemble cast to headline his very own superhero movie X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Proof of his star power was revealed when news broke that an unpolished version of the film was leaked online and downloaded by millions. Poison for the film's box office, right? Wrong. Despite a ton of bad buzz, X-Men Origins: Wolverine went on to become one of the highest-grossing films of the summer, and Hugh Jackman's star shone as bright as ever.
With a successful turn as host of this year's Oscars, and a high-profile stint on Broadway with fellow heartthrob Daniel Craig in A Steady Rain, Hugh Jackman also became the only man on earth who makes singing and dancing actually seem masculine. His current reign as People magazine's "Sexiest Man Alive" probably has a little something to do with that. Just a hunch.

# 12 Tom Ford
Tom Ford continued to add his signature stamp to the fashion world in 2009, while also finding time to branch out into filmmaking. On the fashion side, the month of June saw the release of Bois Marocain, the newest fragrance from Tom Ford's Private Blend collection, created from hard-to-find ingredients like Thuya tree roots.
In the entertainment arena, Tom Ford made the bold leap into filmmaking by cowriting a screenplay adaptation of Christopher Isherwood's novel, A Single Man. Tom Ford felt that the story, about an L.A. university professor facing the tragic loss of his partner, would make for a strong feature film, so he directed it himself and filled the cast with famous names like Colin Firth, Julianne Moore, Matthew Goodwin, and Ginnifer Goodwin. The resulting film was a success on the film festival circuit, playing at the Toronto International Film Festival and the Venice Film Festival, where it was nominated for the prestigious Golden Lion. Producer Harvey Weinstein acquired the rights to A Single Man in mid-September.

No Daniel in list. :evil: but we know better.
How can be? 2009 not over yet. :roll:

Bois Marocain, the newest fragrance from Tom Ford's Private Blend collection, created from hard-to-find ingredients like Thuya tree roots.
maybe daniel smell like tree root?
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

DC was no 6 in 2007.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

I just cracked up, really! :lol: :lol: :lol:

sadly this article is in German and it's published in a trashy tabloid, but I KNOW that all my colleagues will tease me tomorrow :twisted: :twisted:

It's about, hmmm sort of biopic of Barbie and that many Hollywood blondes are going to battle about that part.

Actresses like Anna Faris, Heather Graham, Katherine Heigl or Reese Witherspoon are too old (30+) they are looking for younger ones like
Hayden Panettierre, Blake Lively or Dakota Fanning.

Top candidates for Ken are Christian Bale and Daniel Craig and it doesn't matter that they older.
Until now there's no release date announced, but it will be a movie about Barbies entire life and Pamela Anderson is going to play her mother

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well that's what I call a RUMOUR, maybe the writer was inspired by this pic:

Blondinen-Kampf um Barbie-Rolle

Sie ist blond, sie ist sexy, sie ist ein Mode-Püppchen. Sie ist Barbie! Und zurzeit gibts einen wahren Kampf der Hollywoodstars um die begehrte Filmrolle.

Den Seitenscheitel hat er schon: Daniel Craig (41) soll den netten Ken spielen. Ken darf im Gegensatz zu Barbie älter sein.
Ob Reese Witherspoon oder ja sogar Paris Hilton – alle wollen die Stilikone spielen. Und es geht natürlich auch darum: Wer darf den treuen Barbie-Ken auf der Leinwand küssen?

James-Bond-Darsteller Daniel Craig soll ihn spielen. Interessant – vom knallharten 007 zum Plastik-Schönling …

Barbara Millicent Roberts ist 50 und verdiente ihre Brötchen bisher als Kellnerin, Astronautin und Stewardess, war aber auch schon Präsidentschaftskandidatin und Pilotin. Und jetzt startet die berühmte Blondine ihre Hollywoodkarriere.

Der Millionen Dollar schwere Vertrag soll unterzeichnet sein. Barbie-Hersteller Mattel und Universal werden „Barbie, the Movie“ drehen. Und zwar mit echten Schauspielern. Bislang gab es nur Zeichentrickfilme.

Und schon tobt der Kampf der Hollywood-Blondinen um die Rolle. „Barbie ist wohl das bekannteste Mädchen der ganzen Welt und eine inspirierende Figur. Wir müssen sie also stolz machen“, so der zukünftige Produzent Laurence Mark.

Wer also passt in Barbies Fußstapfen? Anna Faris (32) , Heather Graham (39), Katherine Heigl (fast 31) und Reese Witherspoon (33) sollen im Gespräch gewesen sein. Doch die Ü-30er sind den Filmemachern angeblich zu alt.

Eine sexy Blondine, um die 20 soll es sein. Und so stehen Hayden Panettierre (20, „Heroes“), Blake Lively (22, „Gossip Girl“) und Kinderstar Dakota Fanning (15) oben auf der Favoritenliste.

Auch für Barbies Lover Ken gibt es heiße Kandidaten: Batman-Darsteller Christian Bale (35) oder 007-Daniel Craig (41) könnten also ihre Sixpacks in die Kamera halten. Gemein: Bei Craig spielt das Alter keine Rolle. Ken darf ruhig gesetzteren Jahrgangs sein.

Ein Starttermin für den Film gibt es noch nicht. Sicher aber ist: Der Film soll Barbies gesamtes Leben zeigen – inklusive ihrer Mama. Die wird Ex-„Baywatch“-Nixe Pamela Anderson (42) spielen.

Source: http://www.express.de/nachrichten/news/ ... 25533.html

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyl ... estyleMolt

LONDON (Reuters Life!) - Why do some women's hearts race over the feminine features of Orlando Bloom while others are more attracted to macho men like Daniel Craig?

Being on the contraceptive pill could be the reason, according to British scientists.

Researchers said that women whose hormones are chemically controlled are less likely to seek out muscular, rugged men.

Whereas, they say, ovulating women not on the pill "exhibit a preference for more masculine features, are particularly attracted to men showing dominance and male-male competitiveness and prefer partners who are genetically dissimilar to themselves."

Women on the pill tend to pick more effeminate men who look like themselves. This could lead to problems conceiving, according to the study conducted at the University of Sheffield.

"There is evidence that genetic similarity between couples might be linked with infertility," said the study, published in the Trends in Ecology and Evolution medical journal.

The birth control pill could also throw a spanner in the works of the laws of natural attraction as it prevents women giving off monthly fertility signals believed to be subtly alluring to men.

"Ovulation is associated with a profound shift in some female physical characteristics, behaviors and perceptions related to male attraction," the report said.
ImageImage
trueblue

Post by trueblue »

LOL at the Ken/Barbie rumour! :lol: :lol:
Researchers said that women whose hormones are chemically controlled are less likely to seek out muscular, rugged men.
Interesting!I also read a research recently that said that men with higher levels of female oestrogen are more macho.
Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

OMG :shock: :lol:. Which paper was that Dunda? Bild? That's just hilarous.
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

calypso wrote:http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyl ... estyleMolt

LONDON (Reuters Life!) - Why do some women's hearts race over the feminine features of Orlando Bloom while others are more attracted to macho men like Daniel Craig?
That explains why I have never liked "feminine" men and prefer the rugged ones.....never been on the pill! :wink: :lol:
calypso

Post by calypso »

JEC57 wrote:
calypso wrote:http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyl ... estyleMolt

That explains why I have never liked "feminine" men and prefer the rugged ones.....never been on the pill! :wink: :lol:

i cannot sleep so I steal from basura website someone posted it onImage

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... g-day.html

The Pill may have revolutionised the lives of women over the past 40 years, but apparently it has also altered our taste in men.

According to a scientific survey, smothering the natural female monthly hormonal surge by taking oral contraceptives has stunted a woman's interest in muscular, macho men and made us more attracted to boyish types.

So, what is it to be from now on? Goodbye stud, hello sailor? Well I just don't think so. Not so fast, Mr Bond.

Clearly, no one involved in the survey was with me in a London club recently, when Daniel Craig walked into the busy foyer.

Wearing a pale grey suit with matching tie and a fitted white shirt that fluttered down the smooth cliff of his chest,Image the James Bond actor walked through the crowd, Imagelooking neither left nor right, his face set in that oddly alluring mixture of irritation and inner grief.

The lobby, previously buzzing with early evening clamour, was stunned into worshipful silence.Image

Every woman present, including the receptionists, eyeballedImageBig DanImage as if he was the last man standing on Planet Lust. We were all entranced, undone, pumping out pheromones like crazed muskrats. Image
Someone even screamed. I do hope it wasn't me.

My point is that no matter how many contraceptive chemicals we ingest, no matter how many hormonal surges we have or don't have, the abstract appeal of a man like Daniel Craig will never dim.

Yet the study, carried out by The University of Sheffield, claims that the Pill could be altering the way women pick their mates, with long-term implications for society.

What might they be? That eventually we will emasculate and diminish men to such an extent that they will be unfit for purpose?

Turned into shrunken voodoo dolls pre-programmed to take the rubbish out every Thursday and repeat after me 'No, your bum does not look big in that'?

The research implies that Pill popping is the reason why girlish boy pin-ups - say, David Tennant and Leonardo DiCaprio - have replaced the traditional beefcake stars of yesteryear.

Burt Lancaster, Robert Mitchum, Clint Eastwood and George Clooney replaced by the spotty likes of Zac Efron and Johnny Depp? It seems unlikely.

And where does the brooding, dark beauty of Mad Men's Don Draper - the pin-up of the age, for any age - fit into this scientific equation?

Surely it's far more likely that Zac and Johnny merely have a younger fan base?

Pre-teens and teenagers, on the threshold of their sexuality, have always been attracted to girlish, less threatening heart-throbs; Marc Bolan and Ethan Hawke being prime examples.

To adults, Michael Jackson might have been a freak, pervert or musical genius - depending on your point of view - but to his devoted younger fans, he was only one evolutionary step onwards from My Little Pony.

It's different for (real) girls. Since the dawn of civilisation, women have been programmed with very specific mate-seeking instructions buried deep in our DNA.

We are hot-wired to keep our eyes peeled for strong he-hunks with shoulders as big as a bison, a GSOH and excellent hunter-gathering skills. Own teeth and offshore bank account a definite plus.

For their part, men are encrypted to seek a big-breasted woman with child-bearing hips. They're not really fussed about anything else. A pulse would be nice, but not vital.

In fact, lots of men like a woman the same way they like a kebab; found by surprise after a drunken night out and covered in chilli. To be discarded on the pavement of life before long.

By contrast, our macho template, with all its social limitations, needy Neanderthal-isms and lack of emotional intelligence, has endured for centuries.

In fact, it still suits Pauline Prescott and Hillary Clinton to this day, so good for them.

'Give me macho or death,' says Madonna, another hunk-lover who has tiptoed down the Cro-Magnon line from Sean Penn to Guy Ritchie, via an interesting diversion into seven-foot Latino dancers and assorted sportsmen.

So we are all agreed that there is a world of difference between the flinty charms of Steve McQueen and the chintzy smarm of Russell Brand. Look at these men. They are like chalk and cheesy. They don't even appear to be from the same species.

Yet once you hit child-rearing years, only one of them will have real appeal.

Clue: it's not Russell. It's never going to be. For give or take a nice suit, a haircut and a preference for buying a woman dinner before dragging her by the hair back to the baby-making cave, nothing much has changed. Not really.

Despite waves of increasing sophistication crashing upon the rocks of desire, the same old macho signals have flashed down from the lighthouse of love for centuries.

There will always be a girl who will love Johnny Depp more than Johnny Cash. There will always be an Olive Oyl who will crawl over Brutus to get to Popeye.

The thing is, there is no accounting for taste or youth. For the rest of us, there will always be Daniel. :twisted:

i wonder if Daniel can smell all pheromones when he goes into crowd of women? maybe i finally find what daniel smell like yes? :lol:
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

LOL - yeah guess its true and he can be so irritating, when having his serious face and so manly, too - even though I am sure, he only covers his own insecurity walking through those people - staring ahead, not making eye contact in order not to be acknowledged. Poor Daniel, not his favourite fame part. :wink:

Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

calypso wrote:So, what is it to be from now on? Goodbye stud, hello sailor? Well I just don't think so. Not so fast, Mr Bond.

Clearly, no one involved in the survey was with me in a London club recently, when Daniel Craig walked into the busy foyer.

Wearing a pale grey suit with matching tie and a fitted white shirt that fluttered down the smooth cliff of his chest,Image the James Bond actor walked through the crowd, Imagelooking neither left nor right, his face set in that oddly alluring mixture of irritation and inner grief.

The lobby, previously buzzing with early evening clamour, was stunned into worshipful silence.Image

Every woman present, including the receptionists, eyeballedImageBig DanImage as if he was the last man standing on Planet Lust. We were all entranced, undone, pumping out pheromones like crazed muskrats. Image
Someone even screamed. I do hope it wasn't me.

My point is that no matter how many contraceptive chemicals we ingest, no matter how many hormonal surges we have or don't have, the abstract appeal of a man like Daniel Craig will never dim.
OK, it's from the Daily Mail, but I do like this description :twisted:

And thanks for adding the little pics, Cal :)
Last edited by Miss-Meow on Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")

Laredo

Post by Laredo »

The writer was very amusing but Zac and Johnny in the same catagory ...I don't think so. He has never been a pretty boy .