News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

I'm not even on the fence, my vote is hope he doens't do it.
who knows, :? it could go either way,
Jocelyn919

Post by Jocelyn919 »

I hope he does not decide to do it. I dont know but I can't really see him doing the role...but at the same time weirder things have happened. so who knows
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

I don't think it will be animated, except the aliens, of course :lol: :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

No, it won´t be animated.
The way I see it and therefore am all for it is - the film has some serious talent in it (Spielberg for example as producer, good writers and a good director), who are likely to provide a real fun, exciting movie for a large audience to see. DH is a dark film, ASR was a dark, thespian effort. I really feel, he should spread his wings in every direction and make stuff in between, that will make him even more known around the world. Indie films won´t do that trick and if Bond is over for him in a few years, with hopefully successfull mainstream films on top of his more serious thespian projects, there will be no limits in the way directors and film maker see and therefore hire him.

Its a bit like we are doing some sort of type casting, something he always wanted to avoid.
He has the potential to fill more different shoes than 90% of the other actors around - so why not let him do it and play around with all these various genres?
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Firstsupergirl

Post by Firstsupergirl »

Germangirl wrote:No, it won´t be animated.
The way I see it and therefore am all for it is - the film has some serious talent in it (Spielberg for example as producer, good writers and a good director), who are likely to provide a real fun, exciting movie for a large audience to see. DH is a dark film, ASR was a dark, thespian effort. I really feel, he should spread his wings in every direction and make stuff in between, that will make him even more known around the world. Indie films won´t do that trick and if Bond is over for him in a few years, with hopefully successfull mainstream films on top of his more serious thespian projects, there will be no limits in the way directors and film maker see and therefore hire him.

Its a bit like we are doing some sort of type casting, something he always wanted to avoid.He has the potential to fill more different shoes than 90% of the other actors around - so why not let him do it and play around with all these various genres?

I don't think anybody on here is doing any kind of type casting only because some here don't want to see him in that project! These are personal opinions because this comic or animated stuff isn't everyones cup of tea- and mine definitely either, so I'll join the 'party-pooper'
fraction!
I personally don't like that genre and I don't see any essence and purpose for him doing such roles apart from doing everything to get away from the Bond image. Ok, or perhaps he does it to have fun and to work for not getting bored...then it should be like that, of course he is free to play around and to do anything he wants....but I certainly won't applause him for that , no matter which way it's done.
I am a huge fan of Daniel...but I won't praise EVERYTHING he does to the sky only because it's done by DANIEL CRAIG! :wink: :lol:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Firstsupergirl wrote:...but I won't praise EVERYTHING he does to the sky only because it's done by DANIEL CRAIG! :wink: :lol:
I case you mean me - I think I made my reasons quite clear and its nothing to do with that.

As for the typecasting - I feel us wanting him to do Indies most of the time, is a bit like that and of course, its personal opinion - ALL we say is. :wink:

Its good to have discussion like this - we don´t have them often enough and as long as nobody takes it personal (even referring to your post FSG, I don´t) its all good and interesting...
Last edited by Germangirl on Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

Firstsupergirl wrote:
Germangirl wrote:No, it won´t be animated.

Its a bit like we are doing some sort of type casting, something he always wanted to avoid.He has the potential to fill more different shoes than 90% of the other actors around - so why not let him do it and play around with all these various genres?

I don't think anybody on here is doing any kind of type casting only because some here don't want to see him in that project! These are personal opinions because this comic or animated stuff isn't everyones cup of tea- and mine definitely either, so I'll join the 'party-pooper'
fraction!
I personally don't like that genre and I don't see any essence and purpose for him doing such roles apart from doing everything to get away from the Bond image. Ok, or perhaps he does it to have fun and to work for not getting bored...then it should be like that, of course he is free to play around and to do anything he wants....but I certainly won't applause him for that , no matter which way it's done.
I am a huge fan of Daniel...but I won't praise EVERYTHING he does to the sky only because it's done by DANIEL CRAIG! :wink: :lol:
I can see your point, FSG. This genre of film is definitely not my cup of tea either and I think that's why I don't really see any attraction for the film for me just because Dan is in it. There are a few pieces of his work that I struggle to praise (yes, he's in them, but the films themself are rubbish!) - take, for example, Tomb Raider and, dare I say it :?, I find it hard to praise QoS (although that is not Dan's fault, the fault lies with the director!).
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Oh oh, time for a "not quite my cup of tea" thread, al la "stache-hate thread"!
Firstsupergirl

Post by Firstsupergirl »

Germangirl wrote:
Firstsupergirl wrote:...but I won't praise EVERYTHING he does to the sky only because it's done by DANIEL CRAIG! :wink: :lol:
I case you mean me - I think I made my reasons quite clear and its nothing to do with that.

As for the typecasting - I feel us wanting him to do Indies most of the time, is a bit like that and of course, its personal opinion - ALL we say is. :wink:

Its good to have discussion like this - we don´t have them often enough and as long as nobody takes it personal (even referring to your post FSG, I don´t) its all good and interesting...
GG, I didn't refer to your reasons to be all for the project, that of course is your personal opinion ....I just stumbled upon the 'WE' in relation to the typecasting...and in your answer you again say 'I feel US wanting ....' This is a generalization ...you can't say 'WE 'when you point out your personal opinion....'WE' includes everybody but not everybody might have this opinion! :wink:
Firstsupergirl

Post by Firstsupergirl »

Miss-Meow wrote: I can see your point, FSG. This genre of film is definitely not my cup of tea either and I think that's why I don't really see any attraction for the film for me just because Dan is in it. There are a few pieces of his work that I struggle to praise (yes, he's in them, but the films themself are rubbish!) - take, for example, Tomb Raider and, dare I say it :?, I find it hard to praise QoS (although that is not Dan's fault, the fault lies with the director!).
:lol: :lol: Oh, MM....and I could add some more! :wink:

bumblebee wrote:Oh oh, time for a "not quite my cup of tea" thread, al la "stache-hate thread"!
BB, maybe not a bad idea at all! :wink: :lol: :lol:
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

At least the bunch seems to be very intersting.

Iron Man meets Adrian Monk and Jordan Cavanaugh in the USS Enterprise and starts searching LOST people :lol: :lol:

I can imagine this movie to be fun when it is done well.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Linda

Post by Linda »

I support Daniel in whatever he decides to act in. I am sure he looks hard and long into his projects and wants to test his limits all the time. Some movies may not be my cup of tea but I would go and see it anyways. For example, I am a fan of Kevin Costner and he was in Mr. Brooks (I believe the name is) and he played a killer. Not my cup of tea kind of movie, but he was good in that move. I trust Daniel to make good choices, and if the movie bombs, so what, all actors have good and bad hits. It won't be the first for him and and it won't be the last.
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/151 ... -Fair-Lady

KEIRA KNIGHTLEY has withdrawn from the race to win the lead role in the upcoming MY FAIR LADY remake after waiting more than two years for the movie to begin production.

The actress read for the role in 2007 and was even said to have taken singing lessons in the hope of landing the part of Eliza Doolittle, made famous by Audrey Hepburn in the 1964 musical.

She said of the My Fair Lady remake last year (09), "I auditioned for it about two years ago, and I think it's been a matter of trying to assemble the correct team to do it that is going to make as interesting a movie and as good a movie as possible. There are good whispers going around, you know, and hopefully they'll come to fruition."

Knightley was never offered the part - and now she's taken herself out of consideration, according to the Daily Mail.

An Education star Carey Mulligan is now tipped to take the coveted role.
ImageImage
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Sammijane wrote:
Miss-Meow wrote:
bumblebee wrote: I have to agree, I'm not too excited about Tin Tin or any of this animated stuff.
I'll join this bandwagon - I'd rather see him do something indie too. This film isn't my kind of stuff so it doesn't excite me. He'll make his own decision though which is good.
Yes I tend to agree...................not sure about this one :roll:
I'm sure he wouldn't just take a film for the sake of it, he would do his research, but if Robert Downey Jr pulled out (supposedly to make way for filming a Sherlock Holmes sequel) then maybe it has a chance..........I would go and see it just because it has Daniel in it, but the storyline is not my cup of tea :shock:
The odd thing about this for me is that comic book adaptations are my cup of tea. I am a serious fan of Marvel and DC comic characters and have been for many years. Some adaptations I like (Hugh J as Woverine, Ron Perlman as Hellboy) some I hate (Christian Bale as Batman) but I am always willing to watch them. Sometimes, as with Watchmen, I am pleasantly surprised.

My reticence over this project is that firstly, I was hoping for Daniel to consolidate his serious acting credentials in the USA after ASR (bearing in mind they still think of him as mainly Bond), and secondly, if he has to do a comic book adaptation, then choose a more credible one than this which, imo, is a poor storyline from a second-rate graphic novel.

Graphic novels can work amazingly well if the talent is there to bring them to the screen - 300 with Gerard Butler being an excellent case in point. But the raw material has to be worth while and this novel just doesn't cut it. I think it has been picked because the public has an appetite at the moment for comic book adaptations and the raw material from the more "golden age" is fast running out.

My other feeling of disquiet is caused by the exact opposite of the "doing as many things as he can" theory. I can see why Daniel has always done it and wants to do it even more after Bond, but he can go too far in the other direction where he ends up being (as the old English saying goes) "jack of all trades and master of none".

He has made the odd and rare unwise choice (I agree Tomb Raider was not a high point!) but in the main, while maintaining his diversity he maintained an impressively high standard of choice of quality projects. Time will tell if Tintin is a mistake, or if Dream House proves to be better than it looks on paper, but a half-baked second-rate graphic novel is not the way to show his acting chops in the best light. He runs the risk of just trying too hard to be too different - that's almost as bad as being type-cast into one genre.

Just my 2 cents worth. :oops:
Sophie

Post by Sophie »

Dunda wrote:At least the bunch seems to be very intersting.

Iron Man meets Adrian Monk and Jordan Cavanaugh in the USS Enterprise and starts searching LOST people :lol: :lol:

I can imagine this movie to be fun when it is done well.
:D well, that would be my cup of tea!
you wanna do WHAT to me?