News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

caramel

Post by caramel »

^ deleted
Last edited by caramel on Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2011 ... -oswestry/

Craig, famous for playing James Bond, popped into Oswestry’s Booka Bookshop, in Church Street, while visiting the area.

Louisa Jones, customer services assistant, said it was “a bit surreal” to look up and discover she was serving the actor. She said: “He came into the shop last week and I couldn’t quite believe it when I looked up and saw him.”

“He came into the shop and had a look around. He was a nice chap, very normal. I couldn’t believe I served him. I knew it was him. It was quite obvious.

“It was a nice bit of excitement for us. One of the customers asked him for an autograph.

“He has got a fabulous voice and we still haven’t got over it yet.”

Mr Craig bought the book Surface Detail, by Iain M Banks, and also inquired after one called Independent People, by Halldor Laxness.

Booka Bookshop now holds copies of both books.

Mr Craig, whose father, Tim, lives near Whittington, is believed to have been in the town to visit family.

Miss Jones said: “When he walked out we thought we should have got a photograph but we had to get a balance of being cool and being polite. He is more likely to come back if we are polite."
ImageImage
caramel

Post by caramel »

calypso wrote:http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2011 ... -oswestry/
Miss Jones said: “When he walked out we thought we should have got a photograph but we had to get a balance of being cool and being polite. He is more likely to come back if we are polite."
Good thinking. Looks like they had such a high from his visit.....Now if I were in that woman's place , I would have been completely incoherent and been of no use in helping him :oops: :lol:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Steven Gerrard - Liverpool footballer

In a film of your life, who would YOU like to play you? Daniel Craig. I know he’s a Liverpool fan and he’s my favourite actor.

I think the feeling's mutual. I can remember reading that Stevie G is his favourite Liverpool player.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z1KJXBXJYe
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

mburns wrote:I don't know where to post this so I'll put it here!

John Barry: The Memorial Concert
Celebrating the Life and Music of John Barry (1933-2011)
Monday 20 June 2011 - Royal Albert Hall

Royal Philamonic Orchestra
Nicholas Dodds conductor

Special Guests include:

Dame Shirley Bassey
Sir Michael Caine
David Arnold
Sir George Martin
Timothy Dalton
Sir Michael Parkinson
Sir Tim Rice

All profits benefit the John Barry scholarship for film composition at the Royal College of Music.
The Bond boards really moaned him. He is much more beloved then David Arnold.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

BRENDA BLETHYN'S TRICK FOR BOND

IT’S quite a feat to impress James Bond with a party trick but actress Brenda Blethyn gave it her best shot on a raucous night out with Daniel Craig.

Brenda Blethyn says: “I remember once staying up all night with Daniel and balancing a pint of beer on my head. It’s quite a feat but I haven’t done it for about eight years now. This was my party piece and was at the Dinard Film Festival in France. I’m not sure if I drank it, I think I spilled it.”

Brenda, who plays DCI Vera Stanhope in new ITV police drama Vera, says her profession is less luvvie than most would think. “As a general rule actors are kind of nice people and easy-to-get-on-with people,” she tells Radio Times.

“You come across the odd pillock but that’s more the exception than the rule.”

Read more: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/242 ... z1KbaSAbIK
$abbatha

Post by $abbatha »

mburns wrote:I don't know where to post this so I'll put it here!

John Barry: The Memorial Concert
Celebrating the Life and Music of John Barry (1933-2011)
Monday 20 June 2011 - Royal Albert Hall

Royal Philamonic Orchestra
Nicholas Dodds conductor

Special Guests include:

Dame Shirley Bassey
Sir Michael Caine
David Arnold
Sir George Martin
Timothy Dalton
Sir Michael Parkinson
Sir Tim Rice

All profits benefit the John Barry scholarship for film composition at the Royal College of Music.
I like so much Parkinson
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

007 star Daniel Craig backs Clatterbridge fundraiser9:47am Thursday 28th April 2011

Wirral-born 007 star Daniel Craig has pledged his support to a 100-mile cycle ride to raise cash for Clatterbridge Cancer Research.

Daniel, educated at Hilbre High School and now a Hollywood A-lister thanks to his portrayal of superspy James Bond, has put his much-sought-after autograph on a Clatterbridge cycling jersey.

The highly-prized jersey will go to the competitor with the most sponsorship money at the charity’s Circle of Hope Bike Ride on May 8.

The ride starts and finishes in the village of Hope, just over the Welsh border.

Competitors can choose to complete a phase that suits their fitness levels.

Broken into three courses of 15 miles, 50 miles and 100 miles, the event takes in some of the most picturesque countryside in the region.

The 100-mile route starts in Hope and goes through Flintshire, Denbighshire, Wrexham and Cheshire, climbs up to Eglwyseg Mountain and World's End, out as far as Malpas and Peckforton hills, then back via Farndon to Hope.

The 50-mile ride includes most of the first part of the 100-mile route, cycling through Flintshire, Denbighshire and Wrexham.

Fifteen mile riders take on a flatter but equally picturesque short route.

Those wishing to register for the ride or to help on the day as foot marshals should contact samantha.archibald@clatterbridge.org or call her on 0151 343 4300.

Entries will be accepted on the day – registration is £15 in advance and £20 on the day.

To find out more click the link below.

Related links
http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/89978 ... undraiser/
calypso

Post by calypso »

shelikestowatch But I already signed up Daniel Craig!! RT
@slashfilm Jeremy Renner Planning to Star in Steve McQueen

JAnnieKar Dear Jeremy Renner, I love you to bits, but perhaps
you're spreading yourself too thin now? Also, you're not Daniel Craig.

about 1 hour ago via Twitter for Mac

http://www.slashfilm.com/jeremy-renner- ... nt=Twitter
Jeremy Renner is a machine. He’s leaping from Mission: Impossible to Hansel & Gretel to The Avengers and then likely to The Bourne Legacy, and at some point will squeeze in voice work for the fourth Ice Age film. Got to take the big opportunies while they’re around, and The Hurt Locker created them left and right.

But he’s taking control of the more distant future of his career by forming a production company, The Combine, to develop and produce projects. The first one will be scripted by Two Lovers and We Own the Night writer/director James Gray, and will be a biopic of first-generation action movie star Steve McQueen. Jeremy Renner will play the central role himself.

THR has the report, saying that the script will be based on two books about the actor: Portrait of an American Rebel and The Life and Legend of a Hollywood Icon, both by Marshall Terrill. The film is intended as the feature debut of commercial and music video director Ivan Zacharias.

Steve McQueen, the ‘King of Cool’ was the highest-paid star in the world by the mid-’70s, and essentially defined the template for the action movie star with his mix of anti-hero, rugged loner and real-world charisma. He was a volatile personality and daredevil who liked to perform his own stunts and was an avid car and motorcycle racer. Jeremy Renner might be as close to a perfect fit to capture his personality as we’re likely to see in this generation; whether a Steve McQueen biopic is really the best idea remains to be seen.
ImageImage
khenton

Post by khenton »

Oh no !! Not that he's thinking of doing it but is there enough in mcqueen's life that warrants a big screen movie? K
Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."
calypso

Post by calypso »

Sienna Miller on Broadway Critics, Jude Law and Her Triumphant Star Turn in London's Flare Path

http://www.broadway.com/shows/flare-pat ... lare-path/
You mention your ex, who was two streets over in New York playing Hamlet while you were playing Miss Julie; your pal Daniel Craig was on Broadway at the same time, too, in A Steady Rain.
Yes, but I was going to Broadway before [Jude’s] Hamlet was ever set to transfer, so it’s not as if I followed him there [laughs]. Or Daniel, who I think is amazing. I guess it’s a small world, the theater, but it was purely coincidence, though the experience was also wonderful and magical for all those reasons.
ImageImage
ag77

Post by ag77 »

Jeremy is a good actor but Daniel Craig seems to embody the spirit of Steve Mcqueen better.

Oh well. Jeremy has started a production company. I guess Daniel is not ambitious enough on producing.
calypso wrote:shelikestowatch But I already signed up Daniel Craig!! RT
@slashfilm Jeremy Renner Planning to Star in Steve McQueen

JAnnieKar Dear Jeremy Renner, I love you to bits, but perhaps
you're spreading yourself too thin now? Also, you're not Daniel Craig.

about 1 hour ago via Twitter for Mac

http://www.slashfilm.com/jeremy-renner- ... nt=Twitter
Jeremy Renner is a machine. He’s leaping from Mission: Impossible to Hansel & Gretel to The Avengers and then likely to The Bourne Legacy, and at some point will squeeze in voice work for the fourth Ice Age film. Got to take the big opportunies while they’re around, and The Hurt Locker created them left and right.

But he’s taking control of the more distant future of his career by forming a production company, The Combine, to develop and produce projects. The first one will be scripted by Two Lovers and We Own the Night writer/director James Gray, and will be a biopic of first-generation action movie star Steve McQueen. Jeremy Renner will play the central role himself.

THR has the report, saying that the script will be based on two books about the actor: Portrait of an American Rebel and The Life and Legend of a Hollywood Icon, both by Marshall Terrill. The film is intended as the feature debut of commercial and music video director Ivan Zacharias.

Steve McQueen, the ‘King of Cool’ was the highest-paid star in the world by the mid-’70s, and essentially defined the template for the action movie star with his mix of anti-hero, rugged loner and real-world charisma. He was a volatile personality and daredevil who liked to perform his own stunts and was an avid car and motorcycle racer. Jeremy Renner might be as close to a perfect fit to capture his personality as we’re likely to see in this generation; whether a Steve McQueen biopic is really the best idea remains to be seen.
calypso

Post by calypso »

ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

ag77 wrote:Jeremy is a good actor but Daniel Craig seems to embody the spirit of Steve Mcqueen better.

Oh well. Jeremy has started a production company. I guess Daniel is not ambitious enough on producing.
I haven't seen Renner in anything, but from his stills, I don't get the resemblance with Daniel everybody sees.

BTW - I could see Daniel producing and even more so directing in his later years. What you think?
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..