News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Phone hacking: News of the World apologises to Sienna Miller

The News of the World on Tuesday issued a detailed formal apology for phone hacking for the first time, to actor Sienna Miller.

A lawyer for News Group Newspapers, the News International subsidiary that publishes the News of the World, read a statement in the high court expressing regret for intercepting voicemail messages intended for Miller.

News Group's QC, Michael Silverleaf, said his client offered its "sincere apologies" to Miller for "the distress caused to her by accessing of her voicemail messages, the publication of the private information in the articles and the related harassment she suffered as a consequence".

Silverleaf added that News Group Newspapers "acknowledges that the information should never have been obtained in the manner it was, the private information should never have been published and that the first defendant [News Group] has accepted responsibility for misuse of private information, breach of confidence and harassment".

Miller, who was not present to hear the statement, accepted an out-of court-payment of £100,000 in damages last month plus her legal costs. Her solicitor Mark Thomson, a partner at Atkins Thomson, said she would not be making a statement.

David Sherborne QC, for Miller, reminded the high court that she had changed her mobile phone number three times in as many months in a bid to avoid being successfully targeted by the News of the World and Glenn Mulcaire, a private detective who formerly worked for the paper.

Sherborne added that the News of the World had published "numerous articles" in 2005 and 2006 that used private information.

By admitting to this, the paper has conceded that it used information obtained by intercepting messages about Miller's former partner Jude Law and ex-boyfriend Daniel Craig, as the basis for stories.

In her statement of claim, the actor cited 11 articles that drew on private information, including details of her relationship with Law and with Craig, and Miller's discussions with the former about the possibility of them having children. Miller is the first celebrity to settle a claim since the tabloid, part of Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation, in April admitted hacking the phones of several public figures and offered to pay compensation.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/ju ... nna-miller
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

blimey, so there was an affair? I know we've danced around it on here, but this sounds like it was so, or perhaps not, and they were just digging for dirt.

Thanks sg!
$abbatha

Post by $abbatha »

I was sure that Craig had something with Miller.

What i really don't get is:these apologies are sincere?Or the tribunal or sentence force NotW to publish it?
Cause i don't see the usefulness of these if aren't sincere, and i think are not,basically every tabloid could behave in the worst way to archive the bottom line to steal infos from private life of celebrities and then needs only to publish some fake apologies.. :roll:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

$abbatha wrote:I was sure that Craig had something with Miller.

What i really don't get is:these apologies are sincere?Or the tribunal or sentence force NotW to publish it?
Cause i don't see the usefulness of these if aren't sincere, and i think are not,basically every tabloid could behave in the worst way to archive the bottom line to steal infos from private life of celebrities and then needs only to publish some fake apologies.. :roll:
Don't think there is such a thing as sincerity in the tabloid press. I suppose a pay out of £100k plus an apology at least sends a message to the world that they admit their practises are underhand and wrong.
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.laineygossip.com/Daniel_Crai ... =0&CelID=0

Well, sorta.

When I wrote about The Hobbit’s curse last October, I mentioned MGM’s money woes. At the time, they were on the brink of bankruptcy, unable to finance anything and struggling to hold onto their most valuable properties. Since then, MGM declared chapter 11 and was taken over by Spyglass Entertainment’s co-owners Gary Barber and Roger Birnbaum. Sure enough, MGM as we know it is no more. Barber and Birnbaum are using the remaining MGM properties, including Bond 23 & 24, to leverage finance deals that will bring much-needed cash to MGM and get them back into production. The end game is to establish Spyglass as the filmmaking branch, which I interpret as “Spyglass emerges as a major and MGM becomes a financing operation”.

MGM’s partner in their first major post-bankruptcy film financing deal is Sony. After tense negotiations with all the majors going back four months, MGM is close to closing a co-financing arrangement that will put the majority burden of distributing Bond on Sony and also gives MGM a piece of one of Sony’s biggest upcoming titles, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. And maybe also next summer’s potential hit The Amazing Spider-Man. HUGE! MGM scores a piece of two (probably) enormous movies and doesn’t have to lift a finger. They get some production capital to get projects like the Robocop reboot off the ground, and it’s rumored Sony assumes distribution responsibility for completed MGM films that have been stuck in limbo, The Cabin in the Woods and Red Dawn, as well.

Leveraging Bond for a piece of GWDT is a good deal, but if MGM is really also picking up a share in Spider-Man and unloading lingering titles like Cabin and Red Dawn, then this is a REALLY REALLY good deal. MGM has to get back into production with new titles and starting out by announcing the next Bond is a solid start. Daniel Craig will return as 007 and Sam Mendes is on to direct. Casting is in process with Bond girl rumors rampant, ranging from Freida Pinto to 28 Days Later’s Naomi Harris. Bond 23 is set for a November 9, 2012 release. And is it coincidence or conspiracy that Craig is toplining these two monster projects that are shuffling financing? Daniel Craig, dealmaker.Image
Daniel Craig might be the busiest man in Hollywood. He has Cowboys and Aliens this summer, GWDT this winter and Bond next fall. Assuming all these movies hit, can you imagine how big Craig will be by the end of 2012? Like ginormous huge big. (Lainey: like the biggest movie star in the world Big?)

Attached – Daniel Craig at J Sheekey in London for dinner on Saturday.
ImageImage
$abbatha

Post by $abbatha »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
$abbatha wrote:I was sure that Craig had something with Miller.

Don't think there is such a thing as sincerity in the tabloid press. I suppose a pay out of £100k plus an apology at least sends a message to the world that they admit their practises are underhand and wrong.
I really hope that you're right,cause it's good that people realize how sometimes tabloids are awful.
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/2 ... -23182518/

THE Tory guru behind David Cameron’s Big Society idea has hit money troubles.

Phillip Blond, set up the think-tank ResPublica two years ago to promote his “red Tory” brand of community-focused politics.

The Prime Minister hailed the organisation for its “fresh and radical thinking”.

But the limited company, whose sole director and owner is Cambridge-educated Mr Blond, is believed to have cut staff from 16 to six in a round of redundancies.

And workers were locked out of their offices near Downing Street last month because the rent hadn’t been paid. A spokesman for Mr Blond said the staff lock-out lasted “several days” and was the result of a technical bank account glitch while he was abroad rather than a lack of cash.

Accounts lodged at Companies House show the firm has “net current liabilities” of £13,358.

A ResPublica spokesman insisted it made “a healthy profit” of about £4,000 last year. Mr Blond, step-brother of Bond actor Daniel Craig, owes the firm £38,609.

The spokesman added: “I can confirm that ResPublica has recently been through a period of restructuring, prior to the think-tank becoming a not-for-profit company, which has involved some redundancies, and towards the end of the summer we will be recruiting additional staff.”
ImageImage
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Remember Daniel's partnership with Omega and Orbis flying eye hospital.
It was said that he was going to arrange a visit with them....

Daniel Craig is arranging a visit to ORBIS’ Flying Eye Hospital with Omega this year. “I think that it’s important to do all that we can to draw attention to the invaluable work that ORBIS is doing. By visiting them in the field and seeing their team at work, I hope we will be able to make more people aware of the issue of preventable blindness and to let them know how much of a difference they can make. I’m delighted that OMEGA feels as strongly about this initiative as I do.”

This is the itinerary.

Itinerary
The ORBIS Flying Eye Hospital circles the globe to train eye care professionals and treat underserved patients in developing countries. Here are the Flying Eye Hospital destinations for 2011, as well as previous years’ destinations.

2011 Itinerary

Deir Ezzor, Syria

Ilorin, Nigeria

Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

Guatemala City, Guatemala

Trujillo, Peru

He has time before Bond. I hope he manages to make this visit to one of the above.

http://www.orbis.org/Default.aspx?cid=8526&lang=1
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Ode to Daniel Craig’s bum

I have nine great girl friends and besides a three times a year must get together there is seldom anything we can all agree on... that was until we say the print ad for ‘Cowboys and Aliens.’ Now you must understand they are women from ages twenty-seven to forty in this set. Some married for decades (one to her high school sweetheart), others single (one happily divorced) and a few that won’t admit to monogamy being a real state so believe me when I say for us to have consensus on anything is nothing short of miraculous.

We have had knockout drag-out pissing matches over shoes and cake. Cake is good and shoes is better what is there to fight about I ask you and still... well I digress. Daniel Craig’s bottom is a thing of beauty and so says all of us. :lol: Not George Clooney’s easy charm or Chiwetel Ejiofor magnetism or William Fichtner soulful eyes or Gad Elmaleh brilliant silence or sweet Eric Bana for that matter could get the nod of all nine.

http://theromanticqueryletter.blogspot. ... s-bum.html
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

yep daniel's bottom is a thing of beauty no argument there!
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.gq.com/style/week-in-style/2 ... 11#slide=5
Daniel Craig in London.
If your outfit says, "I just killed a guy with my bare hands, then took a couple shots of Jack and walked out into the night," then you're doing something right. Universal truth.
:lol:
ImageImage
sasha

Post by sasha »

calypso wrote:http://www.gq.com/style/week-in-style/2 ... 11#slide=5
Daniel Craig in London.
If your outfit says, "I just killed a guy with my bare hands, then took a couple shots of Jack and walked out into the night," then you're doing something right. Universal truth.
May be DC took this jacket from that guy as a memorabilia of the event, it would explain his fondness of it.( don't through heavy things at me, please, just couldn't resist) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :adore: :adore:
calypso

Post by calypso »

sasha wrote:

Daniel Craig in London.
May be DC took this jacket from that guy as a memorabilia of the event, it would explain his fondness of it.( don't through heavy things at me, please, just couldn't resist) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :adore: :adore:
i would like to know why front of jeans so white, like he rubs them with his hands or someone else has :twisted:
ImageImage
sasha

Post by sasha »

calypso wrote:
sasha wrote:

Daniel Craig in London.
i would like to know why front of jeans so white, like he rubs them with his hands or someone else has :twisted:
I think we can safely decline "someone" theory, if it would be "someone" it wodn't be strictly on his thighs. :lol:
caramel

Post by caramel »

Daniel Craig in London.
What a find, luna !! Yes, that is a very good caption for this pic!
This is the pic I also used when we were discussing that night! He is so badass in this :thud: