News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

sf2la wrote:Doing some research on Daniel's house in North London that he shared with Sats. I'm still claiming that's the one listed earlier as for sale by a high profile private client and shown by appt. only bc of privacy.

The last public recorded sale on his house is 2005, which we know is wrong. I guess that's where that injunction went through to prevent the home's records (price and owner) from being listed as public.

There are four flats listed on the house from the last record keeping in 2005, each with its own floor - a, b, c, and d. The top floor was valued at about £1M, so the total of all floors appear to be what Daniel paid for the entire home - £4.5M, thereby owning the entire building. We know he did renovations shown by the earlier debris bins and construction pics from upper floors.

The place is still on the market with all floors being sold together. If the listing is his, it is no longer being described as multiple flats, rather a single family home...

That's what I think anyway. :dunno:

In today's climate in the UK, he would do better to put the house/flats into the hands of a property manager and rent it out, as he has with his Queen's Park house.

The kind of people who can afford that kind of rent are not likely to go around bragging about being in 007's house.....though going on what happened in Queen's Park, the managers might do well to make sure the tenants can pay the Council Tax!! :roll:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Helen Mirren Wins ‘Body Of The Year’ Award
Here’s the list in full:
Top 10 Female Celebrities
1. Helen Mirren – 17.65%
2. Elle MacPherson - 10.6%
3. Kelly Brook - 8.35%
4. Jennifer Lopez – 6.6%
5. Cheryl Cole - 5.35%
6. Myleene Klass - 4.2%
7. Holly Willoughby – 4.1%
8. Pippa Middleton - 4%
9. Kate Winslet – 3.9%
10. Nicole Scherzinger – 3.8%
Others: 31.45%

:: Top 10 Male Celebrities
1. David Beckham - 21%
2. Daniel Craig – 15.75%
3. Johnny Depp - 10.25%
4. Brad Pitt - 9.35%
5. Peter Andre - 6.65%
6. David Hasselhoff – 3.55%
7. Rafael Nadal – 3.3%
8. Ryan Reynolds - 3%
9. Robbie Williams - 2.3%
10. Simon Cowell – 1.95%
Others: 22.9%

http://www.spinsouthwest.com/entertainm ... ear-award/
caramel

Post by caramel »

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Gorgeous and rich! What more could you ask for!
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

bumblebee wrote:
Gorgeous and rich! What more could you ask for!
Truer words were never said. And he comes with that voice AND accent :thud: . It's hard for me to just call Rachel, Rachel. I always want to say, "Lucky Rachel." If he's HHH, she's LLR.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

sf2la wrote: Truer words were never said. And he comes with that voice AND accent :thud: . It's hard for me to just call Rachel, Rachel. I always want to say, "Lucky Rachel." If he's HHH, she's LLR.
Call me stupid - what does the second L stand for?
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Hannah wrote:
sf2la wrote: Truer words were never said. And he comes with that voice AND accent :thud: . It's hard for me to just call Rachel, Rachel. I always want to say, "Lucky Rachel." If he's HHH, she's LLR.
Oh, just a second Lucky :wink: .
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

sf2la wrote:
Hannah wrote:
Oh, just a second Lucky :wink: .
ah. sometimes I just don't See what is totally obvious :wink:
sasha

Post by sasha »

Rise of the Planet of the Apes is up to 83% on RT- can be quite dangerous. It still only out of 6 so may not mean anything yet.
dolphin100

Post by dolphin100 »

I don't even know what to say: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/61667886.html

True or False I'm sure he HATES this stuff!
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

dolphin100 wrote:I don't even know what to say: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/61667886.html

True or False I'm sure he HATES this stuff!
Dolphin, this is being discussed on the Satsuki New thread :wink:.
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Face to face

Hollywood, Madison Avenue have double standard when it comes to celebrity visages

By: Alison Gillmor

The first face was Daniel Craig's in the movie Cowboys & Aliens. In the opening scene, Craig wakes up in the middle of the sagebrush, dry, dirty and burnt by the sun. His skin is so lined and creased that it could hold a winter's rain, as they like to say out west. His ruddiness makes his blue eyes pop. He looks terrible but in a really hot way.

Of course, Craig, who is also the butchest James Bond since Sean Connery, has always had that brutto-bello, ugly-pretty thing going on. And he and his beat-up, 43-year-old face just get more and more compelling.

The other face was Julia Roberts' in a Lancôme layout. This silky-smooth advertisement snagged headlines when it was banned in Britain for excessive and misleading airbrushing. It seems that the Pretty Woman was not quite pretty enough for the makeup company, so Roberts' face -- which, like Craig's, is 43 years old -- was Photoshopped into smoothed-over, tidied-up perfection.

Unfortunately, Roberts' face looks not just poreless but weirdly textureless, almost featureless.

Stars are their faces, in some sense, and Roberts's face has always been intriguing -- beautiful but not conventionally so, with that nose a little longer than expected and that wide, mobile mouth. But Roberts' Photoshop face feels devoid of expression, of experience, of individuality, of those things that presumably made her a star in the first place.

One could point out that Craig's face is in a western, a genre that prizes ruggedness, while Roberts's face is in an advertisement for an age-defying beauty product. But it's more than that. Female actors are increasingly becoming models and cover girls, and the plasticized ideals of airbrushed beauty -- all gleamy and golden-beige and boneless -- are starting to creep over into their films. Meanwhile, Craig's fabulously scuffed-up brand of movie handsome seems to extend even to his magazine work. He is currently featured on the cover of Esquire, and he doesn't look airbrushed into oblivion. He looks like a well-dressed prize fighter.

Craig has a lot to look forward to. In Cowboys & Aliens, his co-star is the 69-year-old Harrison Ford, whose cragginess at this point is matched only by his crankiness. Ford gets more and more like your crazy, wrinkled, wedding-wrecking great-uncle every time he hits the big screen, and good for him.

Roberts, on the other hand, is somehow expected to draw on her 23 years of on-camera experience while simultaneously looking like her 20-year-old niece Emma. At 43, one of the biggest female stars of her generation seems fated to retreat into Photoshop world, a place without lines and shadows, a place beyond time and personal history, a place where strong emotions are frowned on -- well, not even frowned on, because frowning causes unsightly forehead creases.
This gender division might not affect all midlife men and women in Hollywood. (Yes, yes, I know, there's the marvellous Helen Mirren, the woman who manages to break all the rules. And on the male side, even gorgeous George Clooney occasionally gets the gilded touch of the airbrush.)

But there's no getting away from it. Craig's face is becoming more specific as he ages; Roberts' is becoming more generalized. Craig is becoming more himself as he gets older. Roberts, it seems, is no longer allowed to live in her own skin.

Source: http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opinio ... 59118.html
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Face to faceHollywood, Madison Avenue have double standard when it comes to celebrity visages

777The first face was Daniel Craig's in the movie Cowboys & Aliens. In the opening scene, Craig wakes up in the middle of the sagebrush, dry, dirty and burnt by the sun. His skin is so lined and creased that it could hold a winter's rain, as they like to say out west. His ruddiness makes his blue eyes pop. He looks terrible but in a really hot way.

Of course, Craig, who is also the butchest James Bond since Sean Connery, has always had that brutto-bello, ugly-pretty thing going on. And he and his beat-up, 43-year-old face just get more and more compelling.

The other face was Julia Roberts' in a Lancôme layout. This silky-smooth advertisement snagged headlines when it was banned in Britain for excessive and misleading airbrushing. It seems that the Pretty Woman was not quite pretty enough for the makeup company, so Roberts' face -- which, like Craig's, is 43 years old -- was Photoshopped into smoothed-over, tidied-up perfection.

Unfortunately, Roberts' face looks not just poreless but weirdly textureless, almost featureless.

Stars are their faces, in some sense, and Roberts's face has always been intriguing -- beautiful but not conventionally so, with that nose a little longer than expected and that wide, mobile mouth. But Roberts' Photoshop face feels devoid of expression, of experience, of individuality, of those things that presumably made her a star in the first place.

One could point out that Craig's face is in a western, a genre that prizes ruggedness, while Roberts's face is in an advertisement for an age-defying beauty product. But it's more than that. Female actors are increasingly becoming models and cover girls, and the plasticized ideals of airbrushed beauty -- all gleamy and golden-beige and boneless -- are starting to creep over into their films. Meanwhile, Craig's fabulously scuffed-up brand of movie handsome seems to extend even to his magazine work. He is currently featured on the cover of Esquire, and he doesn't look airbrushed into oblivion. He looks like a well-dressed prize fighter.

Craig has a lot to look forward to. In Cowboys & Aliens, his co-star is the 69-year-old Harrison Ford, whose cragginess at this point is matched only by his crankiness. Ford gets more and more like your crazy, wrinkled, wedding-wrecking great-uncle every time he hits the big screen, and good for him.

Roberts, on the other hand, is somehow expected to draw on her 23 years of on-camera experience while simultaneously looking like her 20-year-old niece Emma. At 43, one of the biggest female stars of her generation seems fated to retreat into Photoshop world, a place without lines and shadows, a place beyond time and personal history, a place where strong emotions are frowned on -- well, not even frowned on, because frowning causes unsightly forehead creases.

This gender division might not affect all midlife men and women in Hollywood. (Yes, yes, I know, there's the marvellous Helen Mirren, the woman who manages to break all the rules. And on the male side, even gorgeous George Clooney occasionally gets the gilded touch of the airbrush.)

But there's no getting away from it. Craig's face is becoming more specific as he ages; Roberts' is becoming more generalized. Craig is becoming more himself as he gets older. Roberts, it seems, is no longer allowed to live in her own skin.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opinio ... 59118.html
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

I have had a really good day despite it being a rainy Sunday. I went out for lunch and this was followed by a visit to the cinema to see the BBC Earth Film One Life. The film is aimed at a family audience and the children present today remained remarkably quiet, so the film must have caught their interest. The photography was impressive and the film well edited.

However, the most enjoyable part for me, and the main reason for going, was to listen to Daniel’s narration. Let me tell you, I was not disappointed. He did a fantastic job and it was such a pleasure to listen to his deep, sexy, slightly gruff voice. Even his delivery of a phrase such as ‘One wrong turn, one moment’s hesitation and the ibex’s short life is over...’ sent shivers down my spine!

I can’t wait to buy the DVD, which will be available in the UK in November.
chocolatecake

Post by chocolatecake »

cassandra wrote:I have had a really good day despite it being a rainy Sunday. I went out for lunch and this was followed by a visit to the cinema to see the BBC Earth Film One Life. The film is aimed at a family audience and the children present today remained remarkably quiet, so the film must have caught their interest. The photography was impressive and the film well edited.

However, the most enjoyable part for me, and the main reason for going, was to listen to Daniel’s narration. Let me tell you, I was not disappointed. He did a fantastic job and it was such a pleasure to listen to his deep, sexy, slightly gruff voice. Even his delivery of a phrase such as ‘One wrong turn, one moment’s hesitation and the ibex’s short life is over...’ sent shivers down my spine!

I can’t wait to buy the DVD, which will be available in the UK in November.
This is also getting good rewiews on RT. I hope that it comes to the US soon. The kids sayed so queit because of his hypnotic voice. :wink:
" 'Is', 'is.' 'is' ? the idiocy of the word haunts me.
If it were abolished, human thought might begin
to make sense. I don't know what anything 'is';
I only know how it seems to me at this moment."

Robert Anton Wilson