News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

User avatar
Lu
Posts: 3415
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:31 am

Post by Lu » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:16 pm

Germangirl wrote:
Lu wrote:The news channels here in the US are all lit up with Daniel's Kardashian rant. It was even on the local radio "Entertainment news" blurb, which is weird because DC is almost never mentioned in the US media like this. It's strange (and ironic) that he makes all these quality movies and gets no attention but as soon as he mentions the Kardashians all the news outlets are all over it. It totally proves his point. :roll:

I just hope it doesn't backfire on him and end up bringing him even less privacy of his own. :lol: All the reporters are going to be out there now hounding him for more comments like these because it creates a big story of a celebrity "showdown."
..and it goes on and on on twitter, I am wondering, he is not already tgren ding with it. But I see it as purely positive so far. He gets almost 100% good votes for it, but like you say, its ridiculous, these chicks make such a splash.
And probably...even if it aggravates him...it's perfect timing for publicity for the Dragon Tattoo movie. :wink: :twisted:
My books!
Image

Image

User avatar
cheryl1700
Posts: 9682
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:25 pm

Post by cheryl1700 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:21 pm

I think he will now regret what he said, poor lamb, it does prove his point though, no matter what he says or how u say it, it gets blown out of all proportion. It may make him even more conscious of what he says in interviews, as if he isnt now. (must admit never heard of the Kashinians or whoever in England, we have our own, little media attention grabbers like Katie Price).
Image

User avatar
Dunda
Administrator
Posts: 21918
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:08 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Dunda » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:23 pm

It's even over the German gossip and news sites :lol: :lol:

one article was accompanied with this pic, which is just hilarious

Image
Image

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com

Sylvia's girl
Posts: 11952
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:57 am

Post by Sylvia's girl » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:27 pm

cheryl1700 wrote:I think he will now regret what he said, poor lamb, it does prove his point though, no matter what he says or how u say it, it gets blown out of all proportion. It may make him even more conscious of what he says in interviews, as if he isnt now. (must admit never heard of the Kashinians or whoever in England, we have our own, little media attention grabbers like Katie Price).
I get 2 different Kardashian progs on cable in the UK, so I know all about them even though I don't watch their shows. I don't really like reality shows full stop.
Yeah, i bet DC didn't reckon on all this fuss! :lol:

User avatar
cheryl1700
Posts: 9682
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:25 pm

Post by cheryl1700 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:28 pm

Sylvia's girl wrote:
cheryl1700 wrote:I think he will now regret what he said, poor lamb, it does prove his point though, no matter what he says or how u say it, it gets blown out of all proportion. It may make him even more conscious of what he says in interviews, as if he isnt now. (must admit never heard of the Kashinians or whoever in England, we have our own, little media attention grabbers like Katie Price).
I get 2 different Kardashian progs on cable in the UK, so I know all about them even though I don't watch their shows. I don't really like reality shows full stop.
Yeah, i bet DC didn't reckon on all this fuss! :lol:
Its on utube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojmAQQC7_UY
I agree, thing is someone must be watching them, or they wouldnt make it. I dont like reality shows either, with exception My transsexual summer, that is really interesting, and good for people with transgender issues and educational for ordinary folk like me who dont have a clue. But the rest like cant even remember them, darves, and katie price and the other one who won I'm a celebrity get me out of here, never watch them, would rather watch paint dry.
Image

Germangirl
Moderator
Posts: 46403
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Germangirl » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:41 pm

Sylvia's girl wrote:
cheryl1700 wrote:I think he will now regret what he said, poor lamb, it does prove his point though, no matter what he says or how u say it, it gets blown out of all proportion. It may make him even more conscious of what he says in interviews, as if he isnt now. (must admit never heard of the Kashinians or whoever in England, we have our own, little media attention grabbers like Katie Price).
I get 2 different Kardashian progs on cable in the UK, so I know all about them even though I don't watch their shows. I don't really like reality shows full stop.
Yeah, i bet DC didn't reckon on all this fuss! :lol:
I don't think so either. I am sure, this sort of waves he can make still manage to surprise him and not in a good way. Ah well - life is a leasrning curve :lol:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Image

User avatar
honeyjes
Posts: 988
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:24 pm

Post by honeyjes » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:59 pm

My 2 cents, I think he just spoke up for the silent majority which isn’t such a bad thing. A lot of us suffer in silence and are afraid to rock the boat when it comes to certain behaviour and practices which is why people like the Ks, bullies et al thrive.

This has made headlines because it’s now the norm to see, read, listen to and put up with dross and it’s a shock to the system when someone bucks that trend and steps up to the plate and tells it as he sees it.

If you’re not prepared to stick up for what you believe in you devalue your own worth so he hasn’t said or done anything to regret or feel sorry for. As much as Daniel likes his privacy, standing on the side lines and just going with the flow isn’t how he operates so nothing much will change for him apart from telling a few more people to F off. He’s had to put up with a lot worst in the past and there will be more fracas in the future.

I don’t think many of us would be on this forum if we thought he had no backbone. He’ll never be a diplomat that’s for sure, but I think quite a few people are smiling today because of him.

JES
Truth, wisdom, love, seek reasons; malice only seeks causes.
Johann Kaspar Lavater

User avatar
tbossmc2000
Posts: 13324
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:11 am
Location: As close to your lips as I can be

Post by tbossmc2000 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:05 pm

honeyjes wrote:My 2 cents, I think he just spoke up for the silent majority which isn’t such a bad thing. A lot of us suffer in silence and are afraid to rock the boat when it comes to certain behaviour and practices which is why people like the Ks, bullies et al thrive.

This has made headlines because it’s now the norm to see, read, listen to and put up with dross and it’s a shock to the system when someone bucks that trend and steps up to the plate and tells it as he sees it.

If you’re not prepared to stick up for what you believe in you devalue your own worth so he hasn’t said or done anything to regret or feel sorry for. As much as Daniel likes his privacy, standing on the side lines and just going with the flow isn’t how he operates so nothing much will change for him apart from telling a few more people to F off. He’s had to put up with a lot worst in the past and there will be more fracas in the future.

I don’t think many of us would be on this forum if we thought he had no backbone. He’ll never be a diplomat that’s for sure, but I think quite a few people are smiling today because of him.

JES
Yes well put JES, thank you for the editorial. :thumbup:

Germangirl
Moderator
Posts: 46403
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Germangirl » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:05 pm

honeyjes wrote:My 2 cents, I think he just spoke up for the silent majority which isn’t such a bad thing. A lot of us suffer in silence and are afraid to rock the boat when it comes to certain behaviour and practices which is why people like the Ks, bullies et al thrive.

This has made headlines because it’s now the norm to see, read, listen to and put up with dross and it’s a shock to the system when someone bucks that trend and steps up to the plate and tells it as he sees it.

If you’re not prepared to stick up for what you believe in you devalue your own worth so he hasn’t said or done anything to regret or feel sorry for. As much as Daniel likes his privacy, standing on the side lines and just going with the flow isn’t how he operates so nothing much will change for him apart from telling a few more people to F off. He’s had to put up with a lot worst in the past and there will be more fracas in the future.

I don’t think many of us would be on this forum if we thought he had no backbone. He’ll never be a diplomat that’s for sure, but I think quite a few people are smiling today because of him.

JES
Agreed.

No diplomat for sure but something better and more rare - an honest man, not afraid to speak it out, never mind the result for himself. More backbone then is good for himself at times, but i think this one is a goodie... :lol: Thousands have already spoken out their new respect for him as someone, who had the guts to say, what others just dare to think. :thumbup:
So - whatever the outcome (IF there is a continuation) he might have made a mark and others might follow.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Image

Germangirl
Moderator
Posts: 46403
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Germangirl » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:18 pm

WOW - if you google DC and Kardeshians, you will find 35 pages just about that. Impressive OR sad...probably both.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Image

Germangirl
Moderator
Posts: 46403
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Germangirl » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:19 pm

WOW - if you google DC and Kardeshians, you will find 35 pages just about that. Impressive OR sad...probably both.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Image

User avatar
caramel
Posts: 4748
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:30 pm
Location: California

Post by caramel » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:41 pm

honeyjes wrote:My 2 cents, I think he just spoke up for the silent majority which isn’t such a bad thing. A lot of us suffer in silence and are afraid to rock the boat when it comes to certain behaviour and practices which is why people like the Ks, bullies et al thrive.

This has made headlines because it’s now the norm to see, read, listen to and put up with dross and it’s a shock to the system when someone bucks that trend and steps up to the plate and tells it as he sees it.

If you’re not prepared to stick up for what you believe in you devalue your own worth so he hasn’t said or done anything to regret or feel sorry for. As much as Daniel likes his privacy, standing on the side lines and just going with the flow isn’t how he operates so nothing much will change for him apart from telling a few more people to F off. He’s had to put up with a lot worst in the past and there will be more fracas in the future.

I don’t think many of us would be on this forum if we thought he had no backbone. He’ll never be a diplomat that’s for sure, but I think quite a few people are smiling today because of him.

JES
Beautifully said honeyjes!

I believe he didn't set out to say these things in that interview but he did say them and he didn't take those words back which he could have done so easily. His publicist would have seen to it. He doesn't make a habit of calling people out and he has now done so justly and getting credit for it. I don't see his privacy being more invaded because of this incident. He might be asked to comment on this during his Tattoo promos which I am sure he will handle beautifully too :D
Shows he is no wimp who worries over every word that comes out of his mouth and needs to have his hand held and his back patted all the time. He will take this too in his stride and move on.

Fell in love with him a little bit more and proud to be his fan....
Image

User avatar
bumblebee
Posts: 15189
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:01 pm
Location: British in USA

Post by bumblebee » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:11 pm

Now could he just say something about that infamous nobody - Ashton Kutcher

User avatar
tampa
Posts: 940
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:14 am

Post by tampa » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:49 pm

Germangirl wrote:WOW - if you google DC and Kardeshians, you will find 35 pages just about that. Impressive OR sad...probably both.
Agreed. Impressive AND sad.

User avatar
caramel
Posts: 4748
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:30 pm
Location: California

Post by caramel » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:17 pm

Just a bit more to the mix

Daniel Craig slams the Kardashians


http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... jmAQQC7_UY
Image

Post Reply