News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Laredo

Post by Laredo »

It's funny since the time change I have been waking at 6am and 7am so I was worried I might snooze at a 2 1/2 hr movie but I made it through the whole movie .
caramel

Post by caramel »

Speculation surrounds People magazine’s choice for Sexiest Man Alive for 2012

People will announce its Sexiest Man Alive for 2012 this week, forcing last year’s winner, Georgetown University grad Bradley Cooper, to pass his crown of sexiness on to some other well-deserving bastion of male hotness. The website Gossip Cop recently reported that the glossy magazine has chosen Channing Tatum to serve in this crucial role. Because this is a matter of national security and newsstand sales, People has not confirmed that report. That means all we can do until Wednesday is speculate about who may soon be deemed the most alluring guy on the planet.

Look, the presidential election is over, so we have to speculate about something. Here are five contenders for the title:

Daniel Craig

Why he could be: He’s James Bond, and he’s starring in “Skyfall,” which is poised to blow up big at the box office and in terms of cultural conversation.

Why he might not: His reputation as a super-serious guy might persuade People editors to opt for someone more willing to embrace his Sexiest Man status.

Read more: http://triblive.com/aande/moreaande/292 ... z2CB65YZN7
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

caramel wrote: Why he might not: His reputation as a super-serious guy might persuade People editors to opt for someone more willing to embrace his Sexiest Man status.
Well the first part of this sentece is nonsense (we know that, but the average movie goer doesn't) and the last part is true! :lol:

There are more willing men inthe world, that's for sure! :lol:

btw: I can live with Channing Tatum, I wouldn't like Gosling to win! :twisted:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Maybelline

Post by Maybelline »

It will be announced this week that alone makes it sure for me he will be named sexiest man alive by People magazine. Eon managed to turn the Britannia Awards and the Walk of Fame ceremony in a promotional event and they will be able to do it here as well. I bet my ass of they will also bring up the Bond girl and they will buy Marlohe a high spot at some FHM, Maxim, Esquire sexiest woman alive ranking etc. All that is too obvious at the moment. Mark my words. :wink:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Maybelline wrote:It will be announced this week that alone makes it sure for me he will be named sexiest man alive by People magazine. Eon managed to turn the Britannia Awards and the Walk of Fame ceremony in a promotional event and they will be able to do it here as well. I bet my ass of they will also bring up the Bond girl and they will buy Marlohe a high spot at some FHM, Maxim, Esquire sexiest woman alive ranking etc. All that is too obvious at the moment. Mark my words. :wink:
Daniel? No, I don't think so. I think, he would downright turn it down, as a lot of promo is going with it and for THAT, he wouldn't snap a finger.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Germangirl wrote:
Maybelline wrote:It will be announced this week that alone makes it sure for me he will be named sexiest man alive by People magazine. Eon managed to turn the Britannia Awards and the Walk of Fame ceremony in a promotional event and they will be able to do it here as well. I bet my ass of they will also bring up the Bond girl and they will buy Marlohe a high spot at some FHM, Maxim, Esquire sexiest woman alive ranking etc. All that is too obvious at the moment. Mark my words. :wink:
Daniel? No, I don't think so. I think, he would downright turn it down, as a lot of promo is going with it and for THAT, he wouldn't snap a finger.
Maybe he'll just cede that title to Javier? :wink:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

If there is something he hates with an almost sick vengeance - its self-promotion and that title is nothing but that.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Thank heavens for that!

Not wishing to appear negative you understand, but I think this is one award he can well do without.

If it was awarded and he didn't jump through their hoops, one can imagine how many pieces the gutter press would take out of him.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

As I said, I can live with that :lol:

But a paperback over his head and he'll maybe do it for me :twisted:

Naaa, I got to see some of his movies (that happens when you have a teenage daughter :lol: ) and he's not the worst actor ever (and not the best either).....

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

JEC57 wrote:
Thank heavens for that!

Not wishing to appear negative you understand, but I think this is one award he can well do without.

If it was awarded and he didn't jump through their hoops, one can imagine how many pieces the gutter press would take out of him.
I absolutely believe, not even a gun directed at his head could posssibly make him accept that.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda wrote:As I said, I can live with that :lol:

Naaa, I got to see some of his movies (that happens when you have a teenage daughter :lol: ) and he's not the worst actor ever (and not the best either).....
I agree. I saw him a longer time ago in a little something and thought he was fine. So - IMO, he is the right choice and they could have done worse.

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Germangirl wrote:
Dunda wrote:As I said, I can live with that :lol:

I agree. I saw him a longer time ago in a little something and thought he was fine. So - IMO, he is the right choice and they could have done worse.
Personally, I think the folks at People magazine need to take long look at what actually constitutes sexy. And by the way, as with any awards, this one is also lobbied over. Lainey actually called this one a few weeks ago, I guess insiders know what's going on.
caramel

Post by caramel »

Channing Tatum? SMA ?!! I think I vomited a little in my mouth :vomit:
bumblebee wrote:Personally, I think the folks at People magazine need to take long look at what actually constitutes sexy.
Totally this!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

BAFTA Film Awards Change Name As EE Becomes New Sponsor
By NANCY TARTAGLIONE, International Editor | Wednesday November 14, 2012 @ 1:27am PSTTags: BAFTA Awards, Stephen Fry

When the British Academy of Film and Television Arts holds its annual film awards next year, things will look slightly different. After 15 years partnered with telecom group Orange, the BAFTAs are now hooking up with mobile operator and internet provider, EE, which is a sister brand of Orange. The ceremony will henceforth be referred to as the EE British Academy Film Awards. The annual Orange Wednesdays Rising Star Award will also drop the old label and become the EE Rising Star Award. BAFTA nominations will be announced January 9. Stephen Fry will return to host the awards ceremony on February 10.