News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

honeyjes

Post by honeyjes »

I think it was wishful thinking on some of our parts along with the Australian Grand Prix got to fill those column inches with something. We know he doesn’t like fuss or fanfare, and the news be it concerts, the theatre, dining out, sporting events et al tend to be known during or after the fact as there is rarely any publicity preceding his appearances.

I think the grocery store incident is also a lot of hog wash. We have a mystery grocery store, a mystery timeline, a mystery fan, a mystery witness, it's got to be true right:?: :roll:
Truth, wisdom, love, seek reasons; malice only seeks causes.
Johann Kaspar Lavater
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Count me in as a believer of the snap in the grocery store. It just sounds so very possible, as are the three parties' reactions. Nothing about it was salacious. I don't disbelieve the F1 thing either. Maybe it was a 'Maybe.' He seems to have cancelled everything to stay home, play, work on the play, and Bond. But we'll never really know.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Me too, I believe the grocery store reaction is very well possible, because we know, he hates this sort of thing.

Maybe we get a bombshell annoucement sometime soon (something good, I hope :wink: ). They might very well work on something beyond the play.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

tbossmc2000

I a

Post by tbossmc2000 »

sf2la wrote:Count me in as a believer of the snap in the grocery store. It just sounds so very possible, as are the three parties' reactions. Nothing about it was salacious. I don't disbelieve the F1 thing either. Maybe it was a 'Maybe.' He seems to have cancelled everything to stay home, play, work on the play, and Bond. But we'll never really know.
I didn't get the F1 race appearance as it was a rolex sponcered race and I think it was reported that he would be there not knowing he is a Omega sponser.
I agree, empty space needs filler print so they dig deep and speclulate and there you go, a load of crap.
sf2la

Re: I a

Post by sf2la »

tbossmc2000 wrote:
sf2la wrote:Count me in as a believer of the snap in the grocery store. It just sounds so very possible, as are the three parties' reactions. Nothing about it was salacious. I don't disbelieve the F1 thing either. Maybe it was a 'Maybe.' He seems to have cancelled everything to stay home, play, work on the play, and Bond. But we'll never really know.
I didn't get the F1 race appearance as it was a rolex sponcered race and I think it was reported that he would be there not knowing he is a Omega sponser.
I agree, empty space needs filler print so they dig deep and speclulate and there you go, a load of crap.
What grabbed me about the F1 thing was an opportunity to be driven in one of those things. Omg. What a thrill of a lifetime. But I suppose he could get that chance anywhere provided he's insured. Too, an Aussie or NZ vacation. A bit of sun for a change.
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

sf2la wrote:
tbossmc2000 wrote:
What grabbed me about the F1 thing was an opportunity to be driven in one of those things. Omg. What a thrill of a lifetime. But I suppose he could get that chance anywhere provided he's insured. Too, an Aussie or NZ vacation. A bit of sun for a change.
I don't think you can fit a passenger in a F1, they are almost molded to the driver.
He can come to Laguna Seca, ther eis a driving shcool for F1.
There was a Paul Newman school there at one time.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

tbossmc2000 wrote:
sf2la wrote:
tbossmc2000 wrote: I didn't get the F1 race appearance as it was a rolex sponcered race and I think it was reported that he would be there not knowing he is a Omega sponser.
I don't think you can fit a passenger in a F1, they are almost molded to the driver.
He can come to Laguna Seca, ther eis a driving shcool for F1.
There was a Paul Newman school there at one time.
Tboss, I want to do that!! I wonder if it's a weekend thing?
Maybelline

Post by Maybelline »

I used to be a Formula 1 fan in my late teens and everytime when a star guest was there they showed him maybe twice or three times briefly (only seconds) during the reports and the race. With a lot of luck they had a short interview with the star about 3 or 4 questions. I don't think we missed much because he wasn't there. :wink:
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Well , it was an odd report. For me, it was simply the distance. SO FAR to travel. But boys will be boys,and with toys like that and frends to share, I suppose anything is possible.
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Maybelline wrote:I used to be a Formula 1 fan in my late teens and everytime when a star guest was there they showed him maybe twice or three times briefly (only seconds) during the reports and the race. With a lot of luck they had a short interview with the star about 3 or 4 questions. I don't think we missed much because he wasn't there. :wink:
I was/am a big fan of F1, there is 2 courses near where I live and when I was married we used to go to the races all the time. Saw so many racers up close and personal, the pit area was easy to access. Do you remember Danny Sullivan? he was such a cutie, would see Paul Newman regularly he was hooked up with Penesky racing, Newman race school is still at Luguna Seca.
Oh those were the days. Such fun.
Maybelline

Post by Maybelline »

tbossmc2000 wrote:
Maybelline wrote:I used to be a Formula 1 fan in my late teens and everytime when a star guest was there they showed him maybe twice or three times briefly (only seconds) during the reports and the race. With a lot of luck they had a short interview with the star about 3 or 4 questions. I don't think we missed much because he wasn't there. :wink:
I was/am a big fan of F1, there is 2 courses near where I live and when I was married we used to go to the races all the time. Saw so many racers up close and personal, the pit area was easy to access. Do you remember Danny Sullivan? he was such a cutie, would see Paul Newman regularly he was hooked up with Penesky racing, Newman race school is still at Luguna Seca.
No I don't know Danny Sullivan. "In my teens" was ten years ago. So at my time we talked about Schumacher, Häkkinen, Montoya, Alonso and Coulthard. :wink:

But wow seeing Paul Newman regularly is cool.
honeyjes

Post by honeyjes »

The art of lying is to make it plausible, personally when it comes to gossip it just takes a little more than he said, she said to make me believe it’s true :wink:
Truth, wisdom, love, seek reasons; malice only seeks causes.
Johann Kaspar Lavater
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Maybelline wrote:
tbossmc2000 wrote:
No I don't know Danny Sullivan. "In my teens" was ten years ago. So at my time we talked about Schumacher, Häkkinen, Montoya, Alonso and Coulthard. :wink:
May, good choice of driver's do you ever get to see race's in your area?
It's been a few years since I have been.
Maybelline

Post by Maybelline »

tbossmc2000 wrote:
Maybelline wrote:
tbossmc2000 wrote: I was/am a big fan of F1, there is 2 courses near where I live and when I was married we used to go to the races all the time. Saw so many racers up close and personal, the pit area was easy to access. Do you remember Danny Sullivan? he was such a cutie, would see Paul Newman regularly he was hooked up with Penesky racing, Newman race school is still at Luguna Seca.
No. I almost saw the GP of Montreal during my student exchange but my departure was 2 weeks before and my host family had tickets.

The closest race course near by my city is the Lausitz Ring where Alex Zanardi lost his legs in 2001. F1 races in Germany were at Hockenheim Ring and Nurburg Ring which are too far away from me.
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Maybelline wrote:
tbossmc2000 wrote:
Maybelline wrote: No I don't know Danny Sullivan. "In my teens" was ten years ago. So at my time we talked about Schumacher, Häkkinen, Montoya, Alonso and Coulthard. :wink:
No. I almost saw the GP of Montreal during my student exchange but my departure was 2 weeks before and my host family had tickets.

The closest race course near by my city is the Lausitz Ring where Alex Zanardi lost his legs in 2001. F1 races in Germany were at Hockenheim Ring and Nurburg Ring which are too far away from me.
I just happen to live in an area where it's 1 hour to get to the race track.
thanks for sharing your love of the sport.