News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

The Quantum 007 fragrance went on sale in Harrods today http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles ... =&id=03540

I'd love to know what it smells like.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

First trailer for MM. Impression, it looks ok, but lacks magic. Now its way too early to know, but i am not a good enough person to wish this film a big success. Sorry ....

I just hope the movie comes together a bit better than this trailer did. What we see above isn’t bad by any stretch, but it feels like it’s missing that one bit of magic that makes everything click.

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-monuments- ... ld-war-ii/

..and after watchiung this trailer, I am much more relaxed. It feels bloodless. I hope, in the end, we will be glad, he didn't do it.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Vynera

Post by Vynera »

I hope for the same GG!
"A woman looks beautiful when she's true to herself. Her inner beauty shines through. It's like being in love--it shows. You have a natural glow, you can't help but beam--that's beautiful."
-Rachel Weisz
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Vynera wrote:I hope for the same GG!
Give me five, sista :twisted:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

caramel

Post by caramel »

Germangirl wrote:
I felt the same as you did, Gg. The trailer was pretty lackluster.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

caramel wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
I felt the same as you did, Gg. The trailer was pretty lackluster.
It was something you watch happening, but like something, you don't FEEL.

bubita

Post by bubita »

Same happend to me when I saw it, maybe I´m biased.
Lack of heart.
It´s a great history, it would be a shame if it flops
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

It looks like they've put a lot of humour in it. Not sure how well that will work. I might watch it, but I'll always be watching Matt Damon wishing he was Daniel Craig
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I know for sure, I won't watch it for that reason. Might be unfair to MD. The humor in the trailer was so - well in the face. So obvious and so NOT new.

tampa

Post by tampa »

It looks like they are trying to do a WW2 version of Oceans 11 which undermines the serious story. Seems like a bad decision. Damon was said to have included DC when he noted the cast in some early interview before DC dropped out, so its unlikely they have the same part.
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

tampa wrote:It looks like they are trying to do a WW2 version of Oceans 11 which undermines the serious story. Seems like a bad decision. Damon was said to have included DC when he noted the cast in some early interview before DC dropped out, so its unlikely they have the same part.
Ah, I hadn't realised - I thought Damon was DC's replacement. Thanks for correcting me, Tampa :)
tampa

Post by tampa »

Am not positive about this cause i just read it and didn't hear Damon say it but Damon is clearly playing an American. Don't have a clue what DC's role was.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I was very excited about Monuments Men when it was first talked about ... but the trailer is ... YAWN!!! :tired: I agree that it feels like Oceans Eleven set in WWII. It lacks substance / grit... that certain 'punch' that you need in a war movie. And I've never understood the appeal of Matt Damon OR George Clooney. Neither of them are great actors (IMO) and I don't find either of them "sexy" either. It might have turned out to be another film on Daniels CV (like Invasion) where he was / is the best thing about it. Maybe he had a lucky escape after all... :brood:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I kinda doubt it, because when Damon came into the picture, shortly afterwards Daniel was officially out. I think, its pretty easy to make them american or british - whatever. Personally I am sure, Damon came for Daniel. Could be wrong, of course.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Not really a tough competition to beat :shock:

http://newsdigg.net/celebwatch/Brad_Pit ... um=twitter