News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Alina

Post by Alina »

I don't find JS even remotely attractive. And he's sooo wooden, imo. As much as I hate the word "overrated" (because I think it's just totally overrated), I have to say that JS is definitely OVERRATED.
Him as XXX? What a joke.... he can tie Daniel's shoelaces, that's it.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

nick tyrell ‏@boskofgor 6m

“@joblocom: Jason Statham to take over Daniel Craig's role for the sequel to Layer Cake http://bit.ly/1disSJc ” statham is no Craig
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Oh for Pete's sake, really?
caramel

Post by caramel »

bumblebee wrote:Oh for Pete's sake, really?
I think he does well in the fight scenes. Very natural and elegant in his moves. Otherwise boring.
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

caramel wrote:
I think he does well in the fight scenes. Very natural and elegant in his moves. Otherwise boring.
Why would there even be a sequel to LC? stupid idea. IS the industry that hard up for material?
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

tbossmc2000 wrote:
caramel wrote:
Why would there even be a sequel to LC? stupid idea. IS the industry that hard up for material?
http://sabotagetimes.com/people/j-j-con ... ayer-cake/

Can't imagine anyone but Daniel in a follow up though.
And I don't think it's a good idea either :wink:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

some tweets regarding statham on Layer cake sequel

Friday ‏@FridayPfender 40m
Jason Statham is taking over Daniel Craig's role from LAYER CAKE for the sequel. I don't think I like that. Not at all.

Russell Blake ‏@Radio_Russ 41m
Jason Statham to Play the Daniel Craig Role in Layer Cake Sequel - IGN http://flip.it/yAtTL
That's a shame, he won't be as good as Craig

Nikki ‏@amantenicole 3h
But Daniel Craig is LAYER CAKE WHY JESUS WHY

Christine Elise ‏@ChristineeElise 3h
How could you even call this a sequel to #LayerCake without Daniel Craig? Of course, the ONE film I couldn't be more excited for..is ruined.

Peter Mcpartland ‏@PED7 5h
That's ruined! “@empiremagazine: Jason Statham as Daniel Craig? He's producing and may star in a Layer Cake sequel: http://goo.gl/klgiPG

Joe DiSano ‏@joedisano 5h
No sequel to Layer Cake. Jason Statham does not equal Daniel Craig. http://www.aintitcool.com/node/65052
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

:lol: :lol:

This is making quite a fuzz....

best thing was the line "Jason Statham is the next Daniel Craig" in this article http://www.411mania.com/movies/news/303 ... Sequel.htm :lol: :lol:

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I am sure, Daniel could have done it, if he had wanted. The offer of getting the rights obviously was out there and I am sure, he got it offered. But the problem I see is, its been 10 years and how would they explain the charater getting older, if its supposed to be a direct sequel? They could get away with it, if they chose a different actor.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

IMDB :lol:

2004's Layer Cake was a breakthrough movie for Daniel Craig and director Matthew Vaughn. Now, almost a decade later, a sequel is in the works without them involved. Viva La Madness, which was published in 2012, continues the story of Layer Cake's unnamed protagonist, who now finds himself involved with Venezuelan drug cartels when looking for a beachy place to retire. Just as he did with Layer Cake, the book's author, J.J. Connolly, is writing the screenplay. And to replace Craig, Deadline reports Jason Statham has stepped up. It doesn't really matter if the character doesn't have a name, as basically all Jason Statham characters might as well just be named Jason Statham. »

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni56414728/

Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

ha I actually like Jason for what he is
A fighter & a hot dude (feel free to judge :P )

& so glad to see all these positive comments abt Dan :sigh: .
Now he is in the position of being favourited over his replacement unlike in CR times lol :lol: everything is right in the world

Imo it will be just like other Jason movies. A very well choreographed action movies & Ill def go see it. Without Dan & Vaughn it wont be special at all
Littlesue

Post by Littlesue »

Don't mind Jason until he opens his mouth and that squeaky 'David Beckham style' voice pops out
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Hi Sue :wave:

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

This news, if true, makes me feel :evil: :( ... I could do without another Jason Statham movie... and who on earth thinks he is a reasonable replacement for Daniel?? He's nowhere near the same league. Now that Daniel has gone into Bond and also maybe the 'Girl' movie franchise, I can see why he may not have wanted to revisit an old character. But Layer Cake is not Layer Cake without Daniel... and XXX was supposed to have been killed at the end of the last movie. Truly, I think its fucking ridiculous... and depressing... :dunno:
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

SmittenDramaKitten wrote:and XXX was supposed to have been killed at the end of the last movie. .....
Actually the end is open, we don't see him dead....and in the novel he survives the shooting and moves to Venezula.

Connolly always he wanted to write a sequel novel, it just took him ten years :lol:

I really enjoy a JS movie every now and then, you get exactly what you expect and I just can't see him in this kind of role.