News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

cassandra wrote:From GQ magazine

Women we Love: Kate Moss

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/girls/arti ... thday-2014

Daniel Craig on his fling with the model in 2005:
"I don't regret it at all. I regret that what happened had to do with a messy part of my life. And to get publicity with something like that is unfair on the people in your life. But I've learned from it. I used to think the press was a necessary evil and now I don't think it is. I think it's something you choose. My personal life is totally my personal life and I'll cling to that as aggressively as I can. And touch wood, with the thing with Kate or whatever, I think I've maintained a little of that, and if I can keep maintaining it, then I will."
What is he referring to? What happened? What had to go with a messy part of his life? What messy part??
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I suppose the split from Heike and we know, he did look messy, too at the time. IF true, then we do know, that splitting does take its toll of him. Same with Sats.

But isn't it interesting to see, when and why his perception of the press totally changed. He sure sticks to his words. He always does.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

So he went right to Kate immediately after Heike? Did it appear he left Hrike for Kate (although we can assume that things weren't all right with Heike, just like they weren't all right with Sats)?

Has that man EVER been single? You know, without a gf/lover?
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

As far as I remember it, Heike had nocthing to do with the Heike split. She came afterwards, but I could be wrong.

From the time we have any information, I believe No, he never was for a longer period. I remember an early (LC time?) interview, where the reporter asked him about his love life. "Its a desert" Reporter: I don't believe him :lol:
Last edited by Germangirl on Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

It's a desert. Yeah, right! I'd believe him if he said it was dessert!
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Some people "in the know" claimed back then that Heike was pretty devastated when she learned about Daniel and Kate, because albeit being seperated, she allegedly hoped that they could work it out and get on with their relationship.

But this was the kind of rumours that arise when a celeb couple split. It was never confirmed by Heike. She was very private about her life too and never spoke about that.

But the time span between Heike and Kate was indeed very short.
We have those pics with Heike on vacation from January 2004 and the first pics with Kate in April 2004.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

http://www.classicalite.com/articles/52 ... chools.htm

Its interesting that he, who dropped out of school due to desinterest now rates education so highly. Think also his NY project, for which they will be honoured in April.

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Germangirl wrote:
Its interesting that he, who dropped out of school due to desinterest now rates education so highly. Think also his NY project, for which they will be honoured in April.
Well done, Daniel.
I'm not surprised he values education. His mum was a teacher, wasn't she? And his wife is well educated. Also, although he left school at 16, he did get into drama school - so he entered higher education. It gave him entry into the profession he was so driven to pursue.
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Dunda wrote:Some people "in the know" claimed back then that Heike was pretty devastated when she learned about Daniel and Kate, because albeit being seperated, she allegedly hoped that they could work it out and get on with their relationship.

But this was the kind of rumours that arise when a celeb couple split. It was never confirmed by Heike. She was very private about her life too and never spoke about that.

But the time span between Heike and Kate was indeed very short.
We have those pics with Heike on vacation from January 2004 and the first pics with Kate in April 2004.
I'm not familiar with any photos showing him looking in a mess - but then I haven't seen any pics with Heike on vacation either.

I seem to remember he was quite thin when the photo was taken in which the magazine referred to him and Kate Moss? I find it interesting that his comment about their relationship said nothing whatsoever about her, just about it being a messy time in his life, and effect of the press. He guarded her privacy like a true gentleman. He's not one to kiss and tell, is he?

Regarding the speed with which he takes up new relationships, don't psychologists say that men who have been very happy in a relationship will seek to replicate that happiness by finding love again very quickly once it ends? It's why a lot of widowers marry again quite quickly after losing wives they have been married to for many years.

Also, he seems to have a genuine liking for women. Maybe he is just one of those people who is better off as part of a couple, rather than being alone. And he can't have any shortage of offers from beautiful and interesting ladies.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

He once said about being alone " I don't trust myself" and personally I believe, rightly so. He needs someone to slap him, when he gets into too much booze and else.

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Germangirl wrote:He once said about being alone " I don't trust myself" and personally I believe, rightly so. He needs someone to slap him, when he gets into too much booze and else.
Mmm, you could well be right. He said in another of those quotations that if he ever got rich he'd spend way too much money on booze. :roll: I bet he doesn't really, though - there's probably a grain of truth in it, but mainly his lovely self-deprecating sense of humour again
khenton

Post by khenton »

cassandra wrote:From GQ magazine

Women we Love: Kate Moss

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/girls/arti ... thday-2014

Daniel Craig on his fling with the model in 2005:
"I don't regret it at all. I regret that what happened had to do with a messy part of my life. And to get publicity with something like that is unfair on the people in your life. But I've learned from it. I used to think the press was a necessary evil and now I don't think it is. I think it's something you choose. My personal life is totally my personal life and I'll cling to that as aggressively as I can. And touch wood, with the thing with Kate or whatever, I think I've maintained a little of that, and if I can keep maintaining it, then I will."
gotta love Keith Richards :wink: k
Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

khenton wrote:gotta love Keith Richards :wink: k
Not as much as I love your avi, Khenton. I could watch it all day.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

CockHargreaves wrote:I'm not familiar with any photos showing him looking in a mess - but then I haven't seen any pics with Heike on vacation either.
Ha, you missed his package :lol:

complete series: http://www.dedicatedtodaniel.com/galler ... ?album=533

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Never mind his package, what about his face?! Maybe her hands were cold :lol:

I can't get onto the gallery, for some reason - the login I thought was mine doesn't work any more...