News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Mark Strong talks bad guys, playing opposite his buddy Daniel Craig - and the actor who made him star-struck

http://www.bigissue.com/the-mix/news/43 ... pinnacle[b][/b]
Alina

Post by Alina »

Sylvia's girl wrote:Mark Strong talks bad guys, playing opposite his buddy Daniel Craig - and the actor who made him star-struck

I'd love to see him as the villain opposite Daniel - that would be really SOMETHING!
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Alina wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:Mark Strong talks bad guys, playing opposite his buddy Daniel Craig - and the actor who made him star-struck

I'd love to see him as the villain opposite Daniel - that would be really SOMETHING!
Yep, me too, I'd love to see them on screen together again.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

But he is too associated with being the baddie. Therefore I am not for it. Whatever he could possibly bring to the role is most likely already done by him.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Alina

Post by Alina »

Germangirl wrote:But he is too associated with being the baddie. Therefore I am not for it. Whatever he could possibly bring to the role is most likely already done by him.
I don't see anything wrong about an actor being cast in a type of role they are good at ;) Besides there are different types of villains, so there is always room for innovation and creativity.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Alina wrote:
Germangirl wrote:But he is too associated with being the baddie. Therefore I am not for it. Whatever he could possibly bring to the role is most likely already done by him.
I don't see anything wrong about an actor being cast in a type of role they are good at ;) Besides there are different types of villains, so there is always room for innovation and creativity.
Maybe, but if you had an acctor like this Chivetel or whatever, he is really just little known yet, a good actor with a good resumée. People who haven't followed him pre "Slaves" don't know. what he can do and that is more interesting IMO. Then again, Javier was very known and still good.
So...all of it can be good.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

An older but not too old interview we all know, but still..very, very good insides..very clever, that he found out early enough, that looking after other green grasses is destructive.

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/entertainm ... ew/viewall

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I just think that seeing Mark Strong as a Bond villain opposite Daniel would be fireworks (as BB said about Javier and Daniel in SF...) Maybe it has something to do with their friendship that gives them that 'extra chemistry'? Remember Flashbacks? That scene in the restaurant is one of the highlights of the movie. But I can also understand why MS shouldn't have to be the Bad Guy in every movie he does..... He's just too good at it!!!! Right now, I'm just not so sure about Chiwetel Ejiofor.
Littlesue

Post by Littlesue »

Says in Sunday Paper today thatg Daniel was at Pinewood studios last week filming a part in the new Star Wars film, he asked if he could have a small part as he liked the films so much, he is unrecognisable in the film though as it says he will be wearing mask and uniform. :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Littlesue

Post by Littlesue »

Sorry, looked for it but did'nt think it would be in the Bond 24 section :lol:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Daniel's Skyfall shirt went for £980 for Anno's Africa auction.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Thanks for the article GG.... its proof that perfection has to be worked at... very hard..... :twisted:

I know I'm not a bloke but I feel damn guilty after reading that. I ate pizza for tea and I was puffing slightly after running for the bus tonight.... he really does put the rest of us to shame but I guess its just part of his Bond 'contract'. My only consolation is that Daniel says he doesn't always enjoy the gym trips. He does it out of necessity. Muscles or no muscles, I would still love him. :sigh:
Alina

Post by Alina »

Downton Abbey actors seem to be in the news recently as far as Bond is concerned..... :roll:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... VINER.html