News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Northcoast

Post by Northcoast »

From a Q&A with Roger Moore:

WE CAN'T LET YOU GO WITHOUT MENTIONING 007. WAS TAKING OVER FROM SEAN CONNERY DAUNTING?

No. The only daunting thing was that I had to lose weight and put on some muscles. I could have done that for 400 years and I still wouldn't have looked like Daniel Craig.

HAVE YOU BEEN IMPRESSED BY THE ACTORS WHO HAVE COME AFTER YOU?

They've all been very, very good, and Daniel Craig is just extraordinary.
Wag More, Bark Less

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

He still is my fav Bond. Daniel is just my fav Bond actor.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Wow, Roger has definitely put his ego aside to let Daniel shine as deserved. Nice man.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

He's a cool guy. His Bond movies were always entertaining and he is extremely supportive of Daniel.... double brownie points to him from me. 8) :)
SmittenDramaKitten

Sylvia's girl wrote:Mikkelsen lied in Bond audition

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/enter ... 03125.html

The Hannibal star, 49, also told how much fun he had shooting the scene in which he tortures the agent.

"It was a beautiful day for me, and there was probably a little suffering for him. We shot that for 10 or 11 hours, so it was very exhausting for him to go into this panic mode every single time, but it was enjoyable," he said.

Oh to have been on set that day.....
This is a late reaction to this piece of news SG posted but........

10 or 11 hours spent with Daniel in a state of undress????!!!!!! :shock: :twisted: I HATE Mads for that! :mrgreen: NO FAIR!
Alina

Post by Alina »

SmittenDramaKitten wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:Mikkelsen lied in Bond audition

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/enter ... 03125.html

The Hannibal star, 49, also told how much fun he had shooting the scene in which he tortures the agent.

"It was a beautiful day for me, and there was probably a little suffering for him. We shot that for 10 or 11 hours, so it was very exhausting for him to go into this panic mode every single time, but it was enjoyable," he said.

Oh to have been on set that day.....
This is a late reaction to this piece of news SG posted but........

10 or 11 hours spent with Daniel in a state of undress????!!!!!! :shock: :twisted: I HATE Mads for that! :mrgreen: NO FAIR!
Lucky Mads, lucky the filming crew and POOR Daniel. I can imagine how exhausting it must have been for him. And all the others could relish his beauty and talent, as he was absolutely fantastic in that scene.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Her listened to music in between and said, they did it in one day, which was fast. Still exhausting though, I am sure..
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Alina

Post by Alina »

Daniel Craig 'uses Bond names to go incognito'

http://www.film-news.co.uk/show-news.as ... emID=27522

An excerpt:
To ensure he doesn't get caught out, Daniel often chooses names featured in older Bond movies. He recently travelled to Morocco, where he apparently pretended to be called Kananga - the villain in 1973 movie Live and Let Die.
I wonder: TRUE or FALSE? :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

It makes the round, which doesn't mean anything, of course :wink:

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Alina wrote:Daniel Craig 'uses Bond names to go incognito'

http://www.film-news.co.uk/show-news.as ... emID=27522

An excerpt:
To ensure he doesn't get caught out, Daniel often chooses names featured in older Bond movies. He recently travelled to Morocco, where he apparently pretended to be called Kananga - the villain in 1973 movie Live and Let Die.
I wonder: TRUE or FALSE? :D
There's no way for us to prove it, but I see it either way - could be very true or a rumor.
SmittenDramaKitten

There is an interview with David Fincher in the latest issue of 'Total Film' (because 'Gone Girl' is due out next week). GDT and the making of same is not directly mentioned, even though the interview is an overview of his career to date. He is also asked the following question:

Is there anyone you've worked with who you think deserves to be a bigger star?

I was praying DF would mention Daniel. After all, he does say in the GDT bonus features:

"The joy of Daniel is not that he's just so fuckin' good..."

But Mr Fincher's reply to this question was:

"I've always thought that one of the truest talents I've witnessed was MARK RUFFALO who's just spectacular, day in day out..."

:gaah:

WHAT DOES IT TAKE???? You need to 'big up' DANIEL Mr F!! He's been gone so fucking long. Ruffalo is OK but he's no Daniel....... :? :roll:

BAD Fincher!! BAD BAD Fincher!! [-X :buttkick:
SmittenDramaKitten

IMO Daniel does deserve more attention from the media & movie goers. I know he seems to have opted for the 'quiet life' but.... his talent is WAY above others and I'm not just saying that because I'm biased. Bond makes him a big star but Bond only seems to show up once every three years at best... Sorry... it just rubs me up the wrong way when he seems to be 'ignored'...
Northcoast

Post by Northcoast »

In my opinion, Daniel is already a huge star, so that's why David wouldn't mention him. Mark Ruffalo has been in a bunch of movies but hardly anyone knows his name and no one would consider him a big star. So, it's not a slap at Daniel. Daniel's already made the A list. But Daniel is an actor's actor and doesn't want to be considered a star. Even though we all know he's the brightest one out there!
Wag More, Bark Less

SmittenDramaKitten

Hmm, I know what you mean NC... I still can't help but feel that most people know Daniel because of Bond and are totally unfamiliar with his work in OTHER movies. I just want EVERYONE to love him as much as we do... (or do I? God, now I'm confused again!) :roll: :? :lol: Just to have his name mentioned or an acknowledgement by his peers would keep me happy...
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I agree with Northcoast. Daniel is an A-lister. His awareness was brought on by Bond, but I believe he's known as an actor's actor, classically trained, theater and cinema, etc... I don't think Ruffalo is an A-lister. I actually never cared for him until his recent movie with Kiera Knightly. I loved him in that. I guess I don't care for the sound of his voice.