News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Yes, very true. It would be a lot different, had he been different in his aproach of publicity. But his liking of being invisible has taken its toll. People forget about him.

Although he garnered a nice number of birthday tweets. I think, DM and co will always be for those, wo are more in the headlines with juicy news. Same on JJ. Almost nobody gets any comments there anymore. Just those, where they can hate on the girlfriends. Even RDJ doesnt get any there or on the juicy mags and he is the most beloved actor in the world IMO.

So, all is not lost at the end of the day. I think, he will continue as a team player in the vein of MM and do Indies and/ or produce and direct. A new experience for him and we know, he does, what pleases him and not what might be the best step careerwise. He will continue fo be THERE. To what extend remains to be seen, of course. OR someone finds the perfect follow up on Bond for him and he will become finally successful outside of Bond. All is possible.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

cassandra

Post by cassandra »

I am not a fan of the Daily Mail but I have to admit rather grudgingly that filming of 'Spectre' has received some good coverage lately in the Mail Online and we have had some great pics of Daniel as Bond. Also, some of the stories and the readers' comments make me laugh. What really gets me about the DM is the amount of coverage given to the Kardashians, particularly Kim. I guess this is the Kardashian's PR machine at work.

Daniel hates this sort of stuff and he was applauded by many when he made his remarks about this publicity-seeking family.

I hope Daniel and Rachel manage to strike a balance when it comes to avoiding unwanted publicity but staying in the public eye. It should be possible because they are both so talented.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I like GG's previous comments AND I agree with her!! 8) :) I've always hoped that Daniel could look towards his pal Mark Strong for career notes. Mark seems to manage to keep working AND maintain a happy family life. :D
Mark also has career diversity and is well respected as a character actor. But Daniel is smart and will make his own decisions going forward. JUST STAY WITH US DAN! :wink:
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Yeah, SDK, but no one cares to look at photos of Mark Strong. I get my kicks out of seeing photos of Daniel, not a character he's playing (don't get me wrong - love both.) example being the Papz photos of him today in the brown coat. Not a costume, but a coat that he chose to wear. It's personal. I love it. I just don't wan him to disappear off the radar and pop up only when a movie of his is out. I like it when he's of interest to magazine readers; we get pics like from today. The dry spell was a killer. He surely loved it but not us.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

calypso

Post by calypso »

:lol:
ImageImage
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

More on the Comic Relief sketch. I must say, I'm really looking forward to it. :D

It's DOUBLE-oh seven! Current James Bond Daniel Craig teams up with former secret agent actor Sir Roger Moore for Comic Relief skit

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... z3UFpbkuRM
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

It will be hard to beat Tate though :roll: That thing was kult.

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

The Catherine Tate sketch was a classic. 8) I wonder what time it'll be on? I usually donate but I don't necessarily watch from beginning to end. :)
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

I can't take my eyes off the inside of his mouth! :P
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bumblebee wrote:I can't take my eyes off the inside of his mouth! :P
:lol: Yeah, we just have to, do we?

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Has anyone noticed that the above pic of Dan with the red nose has been around for ages, but without the nose. I posted this version back in 2012.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I knew the pic, but thought, it has always been with the nose.

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:I knew the pic, but thought, it has always been with the nose.
It works well with the nose, every article about it has this pic. :wink:
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

It's from a Gregg Williams photoshoot from 2006 or 2008

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com