News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

User avatar
Mel-DC
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:20 am

Post by Mel-DC » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:35 am


Germangirl
Moderator
Posts: 46424
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Germangirl » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:37 pm

Yes, that has been around somewhere, but its really a nice work of art. Imagine that in your living room. Quite a treat, no? :lol:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Image

User avatar
Anesidora
Posts: 779
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 8:25 am

Post by Anesidora » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:03 pm

Not sure if this has been already posted.

Total Film ranks Daniel Craig #5 in "The Hottest 100 People In Hollywood Right Now", and this is what thay say about him:

5 DANIEL CRAIG - ACTOR
As snugly as Craig fitted into that tuxedo – and his 007 is a definite 21st-Century vision – it’s quite impossible to see the 40 year old simply as ‘Bond’. For so long a solid support player, Craig suddenly looks the real deal: animal charisma, muscular acting force, frosty vulnerability, sly wit and probably the only man the wrong side of 40 who can look cool in a pair of too-small blue swimming trunks. And Craig has two other aces: chameleon versatility and sheer workrate. In the 12 months since Casino Royale, he’s played a gay death-row killer (Infamous), a sci-fi scientist (The Invasion – sssh...) and a warlord professor (The Golden Compass). DC’s always been impossible to pigeon-hole. Now, he’s impossible to ignore.
What’s next? Bond 22 is just one of four movies Craig has slated for 2008. Ed Zwick’s WWII drama Defiance will keep his star power blazing, but brace for his turn as the devil made flesh in I, Lucifer. Typecasting? Pah.


http://www.totalfilm.com/features/speci ... now_10_-_1

These are the ones above Daniel:

#1 - Edward Norton
#2 - Jude Apatow
#3 - Brad Pitt
#4 - Steven Spielberg

User avatar
Pandora
Posts: 789
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:50 am
Location: USA

Post by Pandora » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:26 pm

Anesidora wrote:but brace for his turn as the devil made flesh in I, Lucifer. Typecasting? Pah.
I thought it was reported he wasn't doing this movie. I keep reading his is, and then a week later he's not. Anybody know the real deal with Daniel and I, Lucifer?

Germangirl
Moderator
Posts: 46424
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Germangirl » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:29 pm

Pandora wrote:
Anesidora wrote:but brace for his turn as the devil made flesh in I, Lucifer. Typecasting? Pah.
I thought it was reported he wasn't doing this movie. I keep reading his is, and then a week later he's not. Anybody know the real deal with Daniel and I, Lucifer?
They have it wrong. Lucifer has been reported as definitely off.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Image

User avatar
Pandora
Posts: 789
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:50 am
Location: USA

Post by Pandora » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:02 am

Germangirl wrote:
Pandora wrote:
Anesidora wrote:but brace for his turn as the devil made flesh in I, Lucifer. Typecasting? Pah.
I thought it was reported he wasn't doing this movie. I keep reading his is, and then a week later he's not. Anybody know the real deal with Daniel and I, Lucifer?
They have it wrong. Lucifer has been reported as definitely off.
Boooo! I was really hoping the article was right and I was going to get to see him partaking in some "sins of the flesh". I think he would be funny and very entertaining to watch as Ol' Scratch...too bad it's a no-go. :cry:

User avatar
Anesidora
Posts: 779
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 8:25 am

Post by Anesidora » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:51 pm

Pandora wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
Pandora wrote:
Anesidora wrote:but brace for his turn as the devil made flesh in I, Lucifer. Typecasting? Pah.
I thought it was reported he wasn't doing this movie. I keep reading his is, and then a week later he's not. Anybody know the real deal with Daniel and I, Lucifer?
They have it wrong. Lucifer has been reported as definitely off.
Boooo! I was really hoping the article was right and I was going to get to see him partaking in some "sins of the flesh". I think he would be funny and very entertaining to watch as Ol' Scratch...too bad it's a no-go. :cry:
I also thought he might have changed projects or something. Not been too connected to the forum lately :oops: :oops:

User avatar
sigl
Posts: 651
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:37 pm
Location: Minnesota

Post by sigl » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:49 am

Glad to have you back, Anesidora!
sigl

"For the ones who had a notion
A notion deep inside
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!"

Bruce Springsteen, "Badlands"

Jessica
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Florida

Post by Jessica » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:54 am

5 DANIEL CRAIG - ACTOR


These are the ones above Daniel:

#1 - Edward Norton :x
#2 - Jude Apatow :?:
#3 - Brad Pitt :evil:
#4 - Steven Spielberg
Samuel Adams :
Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: first, a right to life; secondly, to liberty; thirdly to property; together with the right to support and defend them in the best manner they can.

Faustine
Posts: 9801
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:09 am
Location: Buenos Aires. Argentina

Post by Faustine » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:09 am

Anesidora wrote:Not sure if this has been already posted.

Total Film ranks Daniel Craig #5 in "The Hottest 100 People In Hollywood Right Now", and this is what thay say about him:

5 DANIEL CRAIG - ACTOR
As snugly as Craig fitted into that tuxedo – and his 007 is a definite 21st-Century vision – it’s quite impossible to see the 40 year old simply as ‘Bond’. For so long a solid support player, Craig suddenly looks the real deal: animal charisma, muscular acting force, frosty vulnerability, sly wit and probably the only man the wrong side of 40 who can look cool in a pair of too-small blue swimming trunks. And Craig has two other aces: chameleon versatility and sheer workrate. In the 12 months since Casino Royale, he’s played a gay death-row killer (Infamous), a sci-fi scientist (The Invasion – sssh...) and a warlord professor (The Golden Compass). DC’s always been impossible to pigeon-hole. Now, he’s impossible to ignore.
What’s next? Bond 22 is just one of four movies Craig has slated for 2008. Ed Zwick’s WWII drama Defiance will keep his star power blazing, but brace for his turn as the devil made flesh in I, Lucifer. Typecasting? Pah.


http://www.totalfilm.com/features/speci ... now_10_-_1

These are the ones above Daniel:

#1 - Edward Norton
#2 - Jude Apatow
#3 - Brad Pitt
#4 - Steven Spielberg
Edward Norton!!!!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good for you
We convince ourselves that we know the other person well, but do we really know anything important about anyone.

6. Say what I’m thinking

magch
Posts: 582
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:10 pm
Location: USA

Post by magch » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:41 am

Faustine wrote:
Anesidora wrote:Not sure if this has been already posted.

Total Film ranks Daniel Craig #5 in "The Hottest 100 People In Hollywood Right Now", and this is what thay say about him:

5 DANIEL CRAIG - ACTOR
As snugly as Craig fitted into that tuxedo – and his 007 is a definite 21st-Century vision – it’s quite impossible to see the 40 year old simply as ‘Bond’. For so long a solid support player, Craig suddenly looks the real deal: animal charisma, muscular acting force, frosty vulnerability, sly wit and probably the only man the wrong side of 40 who can look cool in a pair of too-small blue swimming trunks. And Craig has two other aces: chameleon versatility and sheer workrate. In the 12 months since Casino Royale, he’s played a gay death-row killer (Infamous), a sci-fi scientist (The Invasion – sssh...) and a warlord professor (The Golden Compass). DC’s always been impossible to pigeon-hole. Now, he’s impossible to ignore.
What’s next? Bond 22 is just one of four movies Craig has slated for 2008. Ed Zwick’s WWII drama Defiance will keep his star power blazing, but brace for his turn as the devil made flesh in I, Lucifer. Typecasting? Pah.


http://www.totalfilm.com/features/speci ... now_10_-_1

These are the ones above Daniel:

#1 - Edward Norton
#2 - Jude Apatow
#3 - Brad Pitt
#4 - Steven Spielberg
Edward Norton!!!!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good for you
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I am still scratching my head about this one. :? Nothing against Mr. Norton, just couldn't quite figure out what the ranking was based on.

User avatar
Mel-DC
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:20 am

Post by Mel-DC » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:30 pm

DANIEL TOPS GAY DATING POLL
1 February 2008

‘Blond Bond’ Daniel Craig and Atonement star Keira Knightley have have come out top in a poll of UK gay singles as “major British film star I would most love a dream date with”.

Almost a third (31%) of surveyed gay single men yearn for a romantic one-on-one with 39-year old Craig and over a third (35%) of single lesbians crave the same with 22-year old Knightley. They are trailed respectively, and to the amusement (or relief) of heterosexual partners and fans - by James McAvoy (18%), Jude Law (13%) and Ewan McGregor (12%); and by Kate Winslet (26%), Rachel Weisz (13%), Helena Bonham Carter (12%) and Kate Beckinsale (12%).

Colin Farrell received a vote of 15% although the survey was based only on British-born stars.

Daniel Craig has ‘played gay’ on screen before, in the role of artist Francis Bacon’s male lover; and has even suggested that future Bond movies might include gay scenes involving the iconic spy.

Keira Knightly is set to play lesbian in the imminent biopic of Welsh poet, Dylan Thomas, due for release this Spring.

The online survey of hundreds of gay UK-based singles seeking relationships was conducted by dating site, www.gay-PARSHIP.co.uk

User avatar
Anglophile
Posts: 3573
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:50 am
Location: in front of my comp

Post by Anglophile » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:35 pm

LOL! No wonder though, since gay men usually have great taste. 8)
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~

User avatar
Mel-DC
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:20 am

Post by Mel-DC » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:34 pm

Daniel on radio1 entertainment news

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/podcasts/radio1ents/

scroll down and download, ps bond bits are all the way through the news, 3 parts, start middle and end

User avatar
redluna
Posts: 3566
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: Germany

Post by redluna » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:58 pm

Mel-DC wrote:Daniel on radio1 entertainment news

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/podcasts/radio1ents/

scroll down and download, ps bond bits are all the way through the news, 3 parts, start middle and end
can't download it :cry: is anyone able to upload it by sendspace or megaupload???
Image

Post Reply