News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

agrippina

Post by agrippina »

Still a remark on the wedding rumour: I think The Sun reporters got inspired by the boating pics from Pamana published during the weekend... And decided to hash up some fluff on wedding and all...

The scary thing is though the speed of light that rumour spread around the world... I mean, it seems that quite a few even respectable sounding net mags/newspapers etc. are actually quoting The Sun as if it were even a semi-reliable source?! C'mon, if that were the case, you could use The Brothers Grimm or HC Andersen as a source for real news (gosh, come to think of it: maybe they do?! :shock:)

Grip
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

agrippina wrote:Still a remark on the wedding rumour: I think The Sun reporters got inspired by the boating pics from Pamana published during the weekend... And decided to hash up some fluff on wedding and all...

The scary thing is though the speed of light that rumour spread around the world... I mean, it seems that quite a few even respectable sounding net mags/newspapers etc. are actually quoting The Sun as if it were even a semi-reliable source?! C'mon, if that were the case, you could use The Brothers Grimm or HC Andersen as a source for real news (gosh, come to think of it: maybe they do?! :shock:)

Grip
So true - as Daniel´s said Nothing is further than the truth
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Loofah

Post by Loofah »

The engagement rumor is spreading; I just heard it on Extra (syndicated U.S. entertainment news show), complete with the picture from Panama that reportedly shows Satsuki wearing an engagement ring. I'd say it's entirely possible they are engaged -- and equally possible that they're not. As long as they're happy, who cares what their marital status is? 8)
Misha

Post by Misha »

Loofah wrote:The engagement rumor is spreading; I just heard it on Extra (syndicated U.S. entertainment news show), complete with the picture from Panama that reportedly shows Satsuki wearing an engagement ring. I'd say it's entirely possible they are engaged -- and equally possible that they're not. As long as they're happy, who cares what their marital status is? 8)
I just read something about it on the Extra website. It's true, his being married or not married won't effect our lives one way or the other. Afterall, it isn't like any of us knows him personally. I'll continue to be a fan of his regardless of his marital status.

Michelle
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

That was taken from one of the ET shows .

BTW Extra entertainment show is the only one so far who ran with the DC getting married blurb showing a pic of them and mentioning the ring .
funnlim

Post by funnlim »

I wonder though how Satsuki feels amidst all these rumours. Just imagine she is engaged to him, she wants to start a family with him, she wants to marry him and then suddenly if his rep ever denies all these, wouldn't that break her heart? I mean it will put a strain on a relationship when one hopes and hopes but doesn't seem to get. I don't know. I feel there may be some truth. Since Daniel is intensely private, I doubt he will announce it before the wedding. We shall know when the movie wraps.
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I imagine the rep does this with his premission . there are no surprises .
Misha

Post by Misha »

funnlim wrote:I wonder though how Satsuki feels amidst all these rumours. Just imagine she is engaged to him, she wants to start a family with him, she wants to marry him and then suddenly if his rep ever denies all these, wouldn't that break her heart? I mean it will put a strain on a relationship when one hopes and hopes but doesn't seem to get. I don't know. I feel there may be some truth. Since Daniel is intensely private, I doubt he will announce it before the wedding. We shall know when the movie wraps.
All par for the course. That's the name of the game - deny, deny, deny. When you have a big named star such as Daniel who doesn't want his personal business revealed to the public, the role of the rep is to protect that privacy.

So when asked about something that may or may not be true, based on his/her client's instructions, they will deny the rumor. So I doubt very seriously if Satsuki's 'heart is broken' over anything his rep may or may not say. She's savvy to the interworkings of the entertainment business, and she knows the routine.

Michelle
Lu

Post by Lu »

Plus I am sure Satsuki knows if they are getting married or not, so whatever the rep says probably means nothing to her compared to what Dan tells her privately.

For myself...I am guessing just based on the fact he gave her a ring some time ago, and they are so inseparable, that he will be married by the time the QoS premiere rolls around. And like Misha says, I will be a fan either way...as long as he keeps making amazing movies, keeps his rockin bod in shape, and still has that lower lip that kills me, I will be a fan...I don't think I will have a guilt problem still lusting after him because he's a married man, cause gosh...I'm a married woman. :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol:
My books!

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

a ode to his beloved cardi (espically the grey on :wink: )

Bright young things in granddad's duds
Martha Linden, London
March 6, 2008

ONCE viewed as the wardrobe staple of grumpy old men, the humble cardigan is making a big comeback, thanks to male style icons such as David Beckham.

The knitted garment is flying off the shelves as young men in particular follow the example of heroes such as Beckham and actors such as Jude Law and Bond star Daniel Craig by wearing the cardigan, according to the supermarket chain Asda.

The George at Asda label sold more men's cardigans in the first two months of this year than in the past three years, the chain said, with 226,000 sold in January alone.

Fiona Lambert, design director for George at Asda said:

"The cardigan is an exceptionally versatile piece of clothing. They look great with jeans, but when teamed with a suit guys become the male equivalent of the sexy librarian."

A telephone survey by George Menswear of 1000 British adults at the end of February appeared to confirm the cardigan's image transformation from passion killer to "chick magnet".

Nearly three-quarters of women, or 72%, found men in cardigans sexy, with 87% of women saying the cardigan denoted a man comfortable and confident with his sexuality.

A man who wears a cardigan is seen to be reliable husband material by 54% of women, with 76% saying a man wearing a cardigan suggested an "air of intelligence".

source: http://www.theage.com.au/news/fashion/b ... 55578.html

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Lu

Post by Lu »

Great article, Dunda! I do love cardi's on men...especially Daniel...yummy...LMAO at the sexy librarian parallel... :lol:

So, is Daniel a trendsetter? I think guys just know he "has it" and whatever he is doing, they want to do the same so they can be just as sexy. When QoS comes out I think he will be, even more so, a trendsetter for men...you are always hearing about the "man crush" and Daniel Craig...the way even straight guys think he is HOT. :lol: :lol:
My books!

Firstsupergirl

Post by Firstsupergirl »

Dunda wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

a ode to his beloved cardi (espically the grey on :wink: )

Nearly three-quarters of women, or 72%, found men in cardigans sexy, with 87% of women saying the cardigan denoted a man comfortable and confident with his sexuality.

ImageImageImage

:shock: :shock:
Men sexy in cardigans???
Well, ok it depends on the man wearing it! :wink: :lol: :lol:

Great find,Dunda!
JoniJoni

Post by JoniJoni »

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

JoniJoni wrote:http://itn.co.uk/news/82f71caebe50df776 ... 5040c.html

Short video of Daniel and Satsuki.