News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

caramel

Post by caramel »

khenton wrote:mis·an·thrope noun \ˈmi-sən-ˌthrōp\

Definition of MISANTHROPE

: a person who hates or distrusts humankind

direct slam. No doubt about it. But I don't get the idea that cause you think someone's behavior is whacked you hate humanity. She can't defend the Kardasians I mean who could, but can't resist a slam whenever she can. On the other hand, funny, how she just can't help but admire those photos. Sour grapes IMO :wink: k
*SMH* She used it wrong as he is no hater of mankind just because he shows his bitchface to the paps and refuses to share his private life.
I disagree with Lamey cuz she is lame as usual. I think she likes to show she is different by taking a diff stand just for the heck of it.
She is ultimately putting them in the same bracket as entertainers... like they have carte blanche when it comes to entertaining us, so they all belong together; no finger pointing allowed.
He belongs to a group which comprises of talented, hardworking people who take their craft seriously while the K's have none of those traits. It is a huge insult to club them together.

He did right. So he did something different. He should be applauded for that. The deluge of positive buzz his words have created in twitter is enough to show he is fine.
Who the fuck cares if Lainey disagrees!
Last edited by caramel on Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sasha

Post by sasha »

I'm sorry, but, it didn't serve the purpose. By criticizing Kardashians, you can't eliminate "Kardashians". Kardashians are there because there are enough people who wants them to be there. They occupy some niche, that has demand. And if Kardashians will be gone their audience will find somebody new to occupy the space. It's like to fight drinking problems by prohibiting alcohol, or fighting drug problem by banning drugs - you don't eliminate demand, who wants them will get them, only by a higher price and more crime.

I respect that he has guts to say what he think, but except of getting Kardashians more publicity and mixing his name with their - he won't achieve anything.

He has to aim more to education, audience - Kardashians are only product.
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

Wow well said sasha! that is so true, I'd love to know who watches these shows, i just find them totally rubbish and washing your dirty linen in public (for money in their case, if it wasnt them your right, it would be someone else, as some of the general public want this sort of programme). :roll:
calypso

Post by calypso »

sasha wrote:I'm sorry, but, it didn't serve the purpose. By criticizing Kardashians, you can't eliminate "Kardashians". Kardashians are there because there are enough people who wants them to be there. They occupy some niche, that has demand. And if Kardashians will be gone their audience will find somebody new to occupy the space. It's like to fight drinking problems by prohibiting alcohol, or fighting drug problem by banning drugs - you don't eliminate demand, who wants them will get them, only by a higher price and more crime.

I respect that he has guts to say what he think, but except of getting Kardashians more publicity and mixing his name with their - he won't achieve anything.

i agree
ImageImage
caramel

Post by caramel »

sasha wrote:I'm sorry, but, it didn't serve the purpose. By criticizing Kardashians, you can't eliminate "Kardashians". Kardashians are there because there are enough people who wants them to be there. They occupy some niche, that has demand. And if Kardashians will be gone their audience will find somebody new to occupy the space. It's like to fight drinking problems by prohibiting alcohol, or fighting drug problem by banning drugs - you don't eliminate demand, who wants them will get them, only by a higher price and more crime.

I don't think his purpose is to eradicate the system. You are right if the Ks vanish, there are other fame mongers to take their place. All the DCs of this world can't change it. But he gave voice to a lot of 'sane' people's thoughts....All he did was blatantly point out how egregious some of them are out there. Someone has to criticize them, so why not DC?
tampa

Post by tampa »

Talk about timing, Barbare WaWa just put out her list of the 10 most fascinating people of 2011. And guess who made the list. The Kardashian idiots. DC has gotten so much press play and agreement for his attack in the past 24 hours, that her timing is awful. Bet she goes on the defensive about this to explain away her choice - since she is of course a "serious" newswoman. The Walters and the Laineys have to be threatened by DC's attack. They make their living off of gossip and fame whores so DC's attack and all the press it gets is threatening to them. It makes what they do look cheap. They'll attack him, like Lainey just did, to try to fudge the issue and make it look like they are all in the same boat. No they ain't.
sasha

Post by sasha »

caramel wrote:

I don't think his purpose is to eradicate the system. You are right if the Ks vanish, there are other fame mongers to take their place. All the DCs of this world can't change it. But he gave voice to a lot of 'sane' people's thoughts....All he did was blatantly point out how egregious some of them are out there. Someone has to criticize them, so why not DC?
I see your point, but people who didn't want to watch them voted against them by ignoring their program - it's very effective. DC is an experienced man - he knows how the industry works, by speaking about them it's only to add oil to the fire. Every normal person knows their price - it's obvious, why to descent to their level?
Don Quixote. :lol:
Maybelline

Post by Maybelline »

Change of subject!

Heike Makatsch was on the German talkshow "3 nach 9" (only in German language)

http://www.radiobremen.de/fernsehen/3_nach_9/

Kudos to Heike. The female host asked a lot of stupid questions. The last one is about Daniel.
tampa

Post by tampa »

Great point. I think that is the real problem. There are plenty of Kardashian types to replace this current crop of idiots. The problem is the public demand for this stuff. Nobody wants to address that because nobody wants to call a big junk of the public dumb. So the Kardashians and and other reality shows are all big draws till they start to bore people, and new ones are there to replace them.

And there are such a ton of reality type shows on, that some of them, like Idol and the Dancing one, draw a big cross section of not just dumb viewers. My kids watch some of these shows. :) Almost everybody does. So this reality show business is obviuosly filling some serious infotainment void for millions of viewers and it keeps spreading. It covers a lot of ground, from harmless entertainment, to really rotten behavior.

Some journalist with smarts has probably written about it. Lainey is a guilty party and hardly the right one to do it.
caramel

Post by caramel »

sasha wrote:
caramel wrote:

I see your point, but people who didn't want to watch them voted against them by ignoring their program - it's very effective. DC is an experienced man - he knows how the industry works, by speaking about them it's only to add oil to the fire. Every normal person knows their price - it's obvious, why to descent to their level?
Don Quixote. :lol:
I think he made a stand by ranting this one time. He is in a good position today with the public support.
It will get ugly only if he says something more later on which I feel he won't.

EDIT - I don't care how to decides to handle this in the future, ultimately he has done something right. So how can it be wrong? :?
Last edited by caramel on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
tampa

Post by tampa »

Maybelline wrote:Change of subject!

Kudos to Heike. The female host asked a lot of stupid questions. The last one is about Daniel.
She looked good, but what did she say?
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Seriously, people live their lives through things like the Kardashian shit, they become role models for fashion, values, behavior and that most awful trait among American youth today - a sense of entitlement.

It completely distorts reality and sets the youth of today up to think that all they need to do to succeed is where the right clothes, cut some attitude, and all will fall at their feet.

Hell, forget about effort, hard work, dedication and all that regular old graft!

calypso

Post by calypso »

tampa wrote:
Maybelline wrote:Change of subject!

She looked good, but what did she say?
si i would like to know please too. :D
ImageImage
honeyjes

Post by honeyjes »

bumblebee wrote:Seriously, people live their lives through things like the Kardashian shit, they become role models for fashion, values, behavior and that most awful trait among American youth today - a sense of entitlement.

It completely distorts reality and sets the youth of today up to think that all they need to do to succeed is where the right clothes, cut some attitude, and all will fall at their feet.

Hell, forget about effort, hard work, dedication and all that regular old graft!

Totally agree and I’m bemused by the notion that honesty and voicing ones objection to something that’s anathema is lowering oneself and shouldn’t be discussed by the likes of DC.

The fallout from all of this is that dialogue is now taking place and people that were silent have found their voice. The spotlight even if it’s for one brief moment has drawn the attention of the media that is churning out all this sludge and in so doing is also firmly fixed on all of us asking the question; what are our values, what are we prepared to do, give, sell, compromise, take, receive and accept for money, fame, fortune and entertainment.

Perhaps moving forward we’ll be more discerning when it comes to feeding our appetites.
Truth, wisdom, love, seek reasons; malice only seeks causes.
Johann Kaspar Lavater