News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

calypso

Post by calypso »

JEC57 wrote:
calypso wrote:
JEC57 wrote: Underworld - Rise of the Lycans was only last year and she has made another film since then so it's not like the Trilogy was years ago. She consistently has made two films most years since 2000, so she's a steady worker who brings in the bacon.

The Underworld Trilogy grossed over $330 million at box office so not exactly small fry.
she isn't well known enough internationally to carry a huge project like this. i never heard of that movie. :lol:

so let us all wait and see if daniel gets chosen first. :wink:
Whatever.... :dunno:
Si! Image
whatever happens happens. hollywood makes good decisions and bad ones on past demographics on what audiences wants, lets hope they make right ones on this. :lol:
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Germangirl wrote:I think, this is a prestigious project and we will see someone, wo is right for the role - whoever that might be. Known or unknown...
So - I am quoting myself - I dunno where my post about this has gone, so I repeat it. I think, this will sell by the books and not by the name of the actors first and foremost - BUT it will be succesfull in the end only, when the actors are worthy of their roles, once the famous books got the bums in the seats - so with Daniel, they cannot do wrong, but about the female roles - I think, its all about talent and not names.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

calypso

Post by calypso »

Germangirl wrote:
Germangirl wrote:I think, this is a prestigious project and we will see someone, wo is right for the role - whoever that might be. Known or unknown...
So - I am quoting myself - I dunno where my post about this has gone, so I repeat it. I think, this will sell by the books and not by the name of the actors first and foremost - BUT it will be succesfull in the end only, when the actors are worthy of their roles, once the famous books got the bums in the seats - so with Daniel, they cannot do wrong, but about the female roles - I think, its all about talent and not names.

“Fincher, who intends to shoot the first in the series on location in Stockholm, says the film will be released in the summer of 2012.”
He also visualizes unknown actress for the role of tatoo girl.

so we'll see. after all this , daniel may not get it. :roll:
maybe it go to basura actor. :evil:
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

However it may turn out - they found him inspiring enough to talk about that role with him, which sorta shows me, that they go with talent and not neccessarely the likes of Brad Pitt or else, who are the recent Hollywoof gods (even though I think, Brads star is decending big time) Time will tell - fingers crossed..BIG time... :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

calypso

Post by calypso »

Germangirl wrote:However it may turn out - they found him inspiring enough to talk about that role with him, which sorta shows me, that they go with talent and not neccessarely the likes of Brad Pitt or else, who are the recent Hollywoof gods (even though I think, Brads star is decending big time) Time will tell - fingers crossed..BIG time... :wink:
si! Imagei cross toes as well. :D
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

calypso wrote:
Germangirl wrote:However it may turn out - they found him inspiring enough to talk about that role with him, which sorta shows me, that they go with talent and not neccessarely the likes of Brad Pitt or else, who are the recent Hollywoof gods (even though I think, Brads star is decending big time) Time will tell - fingers crossed..BIG time... :wink:
Its been ALL over the net, that he gets the role most likely - so, not getting it, would be not good to say the least. Yes, fingers and toes and some positive thougths as well will be good. :D

calypso

Post by calypso »

Germangirl wrote:
calypso wrote:
Its been ALL over the net, that he gets the role most likely - so, not getting it, would be not good to say the least. Yes, fingers and toes and some positive thougths as well will be good. :D
si opinions that he would be good in role, sony state no offers made yet jsut early talk and speculation but by public opinion, daniel is popular. but hollywood can be stubborn. :roll:
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

calypso wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
calypso wrote: si! Imagei cross toes as well. :D
si opinions that he would be good in role, sony state no offers made yet jsut early talk and speculation but by public opinion, daniel is popular. but hollywood can be stubborn. :roll:
True, but him getting good comments might have a good impact on the decision. Almost nobody preferred B. Pitt in the role. I expect a decision within the next 2 weeks.

calypso

Post by calypso »

Germangirl wrote:
calypso wrote:
Germangirl wrote: Its been ALL over the net, that he gets the role most likely - so, not getting it, would be not good to say the least. Yes, fingers and toes and some positive thougths as well will be good. :D
True, but him getting good comments might have a good impact on the decision. Almost nobody preferred B. Pitt in the role. I expect a decision within the next 2 weeks.
where are you getting that from? it's early talks right now and i not think till well after Cowboys is finished. maybe they want to wait.
:-k
i predict maybe next month at earliest. :wink: these things take time GG like fine wine and good cheese. :lol:
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

calypso wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
calypso wrote: si opinions that he would be good in role, sony state no offers made yet jsut early talk and speculation but by public opinion, daniel is popular. but hollywood can be stubborn. :roll:
where are you getting that from? it's early talks right now and i not think till well after Cowboys is finished. maybe they want to wait.
:-k
i predict maybe next month at earliest. :wink:
Judging from C&A, we got the first note of it and one week later by the latest, we got the confirmation. They never tell the truth - early or final or at all - we don´t know, but I think, this won´t take too long.

Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I don't have a opinion about Kate B . but she was in Serindipity , Van Helsing and The Aviator Click and Pearl Harbor, so she has done alright .
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Gemma Arterton enters the Bond of marriage as she weds Italian she pencilled in her diary as 'future husband'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... z0qDJO8UYW

Well he's not the stunt man she was rumored to be dating is he?
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/201 ... -22317732/

Gemma has always kept her boyfriends out of the spotlight. But recently she revealed: “For the record, I like biceps, a slight belly – and strong arms he can enfold me and protect me with.”

sounds like Daniel.. :twisted: :lol:
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

calypso wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/201 ... -22317732/

Gemma has always kept her boyfriends out of the spotlight. But recently she revealed: “For the record, I like biceps, a slight belly – and strong arms he can enfold me and protect me with.”

sounds like Daniel.. :twisted: :lol:
But judging from the pic, this guy is rather skinny :shock: :lol:

Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

calypso wrote: ...“Fincher, who intends to shoot the first in the series on location in Stockholm, says the film will be released in the summer of 2012.”...
This is something I really like to read. I hope, Europe will be choosen as location (I mean, Sweden). Ahhhh, I need to read the book...next. One of my local radiostations reported "shooting will start in October 2010?" (sadly I don't know whrere they get this info). And I would really love/want/have Daniel in the leading role. Bond is somewhere in "the dust" and Daniel likes to do new stuff. And I like to add, it would brings back him to Europe :) :) :).