News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Miss-Meow wrote:I know I might be alone in this, but I really really want him to do another Bond. My reasons for this - I didn't think much of QoS and, as he won't be Bond forever, I would like him to go out on a better movie than QoS. CR showed a little of what could be done with Bond - one more Bond movie starring as 007 (as long as it's a high standard of movie) would be my hope!
you are not alone :lol:

I want another Bond, one that is even better tha CR.
I liked QoS and watch it once in a while, but I'm always pissed about the editing of the roof chase scene.
I want another Bond where we can watch DANIEL in action scenes and not only the tip of a head or some feet :twisted:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

Dunda wrote:
Miss-Meow wrote:I know I might be alone in this, but I really really want him to do another Bond. My reasons for this - I didn't think much of QoS and, as he won't be Bond forever, I would like him to go out on a better movie than QoS. CR showed a little of what could be done with Bond - one more Bond movie starring as 007 (as long as it's a high standard of movie) would be my hope!
you are not alone :lol:

I want another Bond, one that is even better tha CR.
I liked QoS and watch it once in a while, but I'm always pissed about the editing of the roof chase scene.
I want another Bond where we can watch DANIEL in action scenes and not only the tip of a head or some feet :twisted:
Am glad I'm not alone! You've summed up exactly what I would like from another Bond :wink:
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Seems theay go on a sound stage in september - which means if they start as planned with tatoo in october, he won´t have any breathing space. But I also think, it can be worked out, if they really want him, which I think, they do. In every post I read, he is the only remaining name for the role. Barbara Broccoli is a business woman first and foremost, but i don´t believe, she will put him under more pressure, then absolutely necessary.

If it was between Bond and Tatoo - Tatoo would get my vote.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

calypso wrote:i think it not this tatoo filming that problem it the other two films in trilogy. as we know bond takes about 6 months to film so sony want to sign daniel up for three films and they will film back to back i think, so filming bond movie will cause the chaos with that.
that the problem. but i say if sony/fincher really want daniel they will work with him. after all they realize daniel have first to honor bond filming. it seem daniel under contract for third film, if he not there would not be schduling problems.

i would like him to do tatoo trilogy more than bond. i think it will be better for him as actor, he can show his range more.
it would be shame for him to lose this opportunity because of another franchise that is not even close to sorting out problems.

is my thoughts only. :?
IMO, I think they could do 1 movie form the 2nd and 3rd book, The 2nd book seems to drag on and on. So they could do 2 movies.
I love Daniel as Bond, I want to see him as Bond so bad. :twisted:
But I visualize Daniel as Blomkvist, he is a natural. I hope I don't set myself up for a big disapointment. :cry:
calypso

Post by calypso »

reagarding the sweeney film

i not know that ray winstone played ray in some voices on s tage before daniel get part in film
:shock:

old interview, i not read before
http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/tvshowbiz ... -ever.html
ImageImage
StarryDannyFan

Post by StarryDannyFan »

Cal - yes I did know about Ray Winstone played Ray on the stage of Some Voices before Daniel Craig got the part in the film. That is why I like Ray Winstone. Cos his name reminds me a lot of Ray that why!

SDF xx
calypso

Post by calypso »

StarryDannyFan wrote:Cal - yes I did know about Ray Winstone played Ray on the stage of Some Voices before Daniel Craig got the part in the film. That is why I like Ray Winstone. Cos his name reminds me a lot of Ray that why!

SDF xx
si i behind the news yes? it stragne that it seem that daniel act with so many people that they all end up acting with each other at some point.
one big cricle

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... risps.html

i read this and i think , daniel would be good doing this commercial :lol:
ImageImage
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100722/ap_ ... _e_larsson

NEW YORK – It's electronic milestone time for Stieg Larsson's Millennium trilogy.

The late Swedish author's blockbuster thrillers have sold more than 1 million copies in the e-book editions, publisher Alfred A. Knopf said Wednesday, making him at least the second author to join the e-million club. The ultra-prolific James Patterson also has more than 1 million e-book sales.

Amazon.com, the biggest player in the growing e-book market, told The Associated Press on Wednesday that Larsson's "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo," the first book in the Millennium trilogy, is the all-time top seller on the e-book reading device the Kindle. Kathryn Stockett's novel "The Help" is No. 2.

Knopf lauded the sales of "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo," about a journalist and a tattooed investigator trying to solve a decades-old disappearance.

"We are witnessing record-breaking sales for `The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' in trade and mass market paperback as well as in audio, so it is not surprising that this trend is being mirrored with e-books," Knopf spokesman Paul Bogaards said.

"Dragon Tattoo" has sold 500,000 e-books, Bogaards said. Sales for the trilogy in all editions top 30 million worldwide; in the U.S. alone, more than 400,000 copies are selling each week.

Bogaards also backed up a report earlier this week by Amazon that said the Internet retail giant was selling more e-books than hardcovers. Kindle sales for the most recent Larsson book, "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest," have topped those for the hardcover, said Bogaards, who added that he did not think hardcover sales had been hurt by the less expensive e-edition.

Larsson does not top every list. A spokesman for Sony's e-book reading device, the Sony Reader, said Wednesday that "Dragon Tattoo" was the e-device's No. 2 all-time seller, trailing Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol." Patterson's "Alex Cross" is No. 3.
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Somehow I feel - whatever the outcome - its great, he is the one, they really seem to want for that prestigious role. If he cannot do it, its at least not because they wanted somebody else more.

Having said that - my fingers and toes remain closely crossed!!!
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

I really hope he does the Millenium Trilogy, having read all the books I think its right up his street. However, I still would like him to do one more really good Bond movie and bow out of Bond on a high note.
Here's hoping to both! (I know I'm greedy!). :D
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=33117

Just a couple of days ago, we reported on the newly announced release date for David Fincher's upcoming remake of THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO, the first story based on the novels - the "Millenium Trilogy" - by Stieg Larsson. In that report, there was some hearsay on the part of Deadline's Mike Fleming that a handful of relative unknowns were supposedly in the mix for the key role of tough and complex computer hacker Lisbeth Salander.

Today, Anne Thompson of indieWIRE is confirming that report, saying that Sony, producer Scott Rudin, and director David Fincher are currently screen-testing their final five: Emily Browning (SUCKER PUNCH, SLEEPING BEAUTY), Sophie Lowe (BLAME, ROAD KILL), Sarah Snook (SISTERS OF WAR, "All Saints"), Rooney "younger sister of Kate" Mara (THE SOCIAL NETWORK, A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET), and an unidentified French actress. Deadline was right in their initial report; They seem to be going the SPIDER-MAN route with their casting of the Salander role. How do you guys feel about these choices?

Thompson also adds, in regards to the role of journalist Mikael Blomkvist: "Daniel Craig, who is the studio’s first choice to play muckraking journalist Mikael Blomkvist, could fall out if the studio can’t live with his availability issues. Both Craig’s still-delayed James Bond sequel and Cowboys & Aliens can demand his services whenever they want him. And he needs to be ready and able if The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo does well enough to spur two swift back-to-back shooting of The Girl Who Played with Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest."

THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO opens December 21, 2011.

Source: indieWIRE

The thing is, Bond will still have to take priority because of his contract...
I didn't realise that C&A is a definate franchise...just that it had the potentiial to be.
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

We all know what can happen to trilogies after The Golden Compass. :|
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Giorgio Armani, 76, fails to pull off the Daniel Craig look in his tight white swimming trunks

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... z0uQQ6Rg6K

Wrong choice of beach wear perhaps, but really I think his body looks great for a 76 year old!
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Oh good god. Why would he committ to a C&A trilogy over Dragon or Bond.
Daniel is at the best years of his career there is some good roles suited to what he can do best.
C&A, Bond, Dragon are 3 very physical draining movies to make. Does he want to do these back to back?
I want to see him do Bond but is his committment to Bond going to keep him from taking other good role. Probably, IMO.
calypso

Post by calypso »

one thing for sure, daniel smart business man, he will end up in another successful trilogy which will make him only actor to be in two or even three successful franchises at same time

he is trying to spin the plates on top of the poles all at once, lets hope he can achieve it
ImageImage