News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Daniel Craig hates easy-going tag
Posted by "Handbag" on 08/01/2009
James Bond star Daniel Craig has joked that he hates being known as an easy-going actor.

James Bond star Daniel Craig has joked that he hates being known as an easy-going actor.Daniel Craig has said he hates people making him out to be one of Hollywood's few easy-going stars. “People seem determined to make me egoless. I'm certainly not,” he joked to Showbiz Spy. “I'm a nightmare on set. I just paid them all off to say otherwise! The truth is I like to work with people. If you separate yourself from the work in process then there's no connection. Otherwise why go to work?” Umm, money?

http://www.handbag.com/celebrity/Daniel ... ing-tag/v1

:lol:
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

CRUISE, CRAIG RELUCTANT TO CHAT WITH ROSS

Tom Cruise and Daniel Craig are reluctant to appear on Jonathan Ross's BBC talk show, it has been claimed. Friday Night With Jonathan Ross returns to screens on Jan. 23 following the presenter's three-month suspension. Cruise has been lined up for the comeback show, but is allegedly considering pulling out after being informed about the recent controversy surrounding Ross. The presenter was suspended after making obscene phone

calls to the Fawlty Towers actor Andrew Sachs on comedian Russell Brand's radio show. Brand resigned in the subsequent public outcry. Craig has also declined to appear on the show to promote his new film Defiance. It is claimed that Ross "made him look foolish" during their last interview. But a spokesman for Craig denied that he had been asked to appear on the show, and said he would gladly come on. The Daily Telegraph

KIDMAN TAKES THE BLAME FOR AUSTRALIA

After Baz Luhrmann's epic film Australia failed to win over audiences Nicole Kidman, pictured, has taken an extraordinary move to shoulder the blame. Kidman, 41, candidly admits that her performance let down the film and said she "squirmed" in her seat as she sat with Keith Urban, her husband, during the Sydney premiere. "I can't look at this movie and be proud of what I've done," she says. "I sat there, and I looked at Keith and went, 'Am I any good in this movie?' It's just impossible for me to connect to it emotionally." Anticipating poor reviews Kidman, pictured, who is paid up to US$16-million per film, fled her native country. "We ran because I didn't want to read anything," she says. The Daily Telegraph
:(

http://www.nationalpost.com/arts/story.html?id=1170044
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Anglophile wrote:CRUISE, CRAIG RELUCTANT TO CHAT WITH ROSS

Tom Cruise and Daniel Craig are reluctant to appear on Jonathan Ross's BBC talk show, it has been claimed. Friday Night With Jonathan Ross returns to screens on Jan. 23 following the presenter's three-month suspension. Cruise has been lined up for the comeback show, but is allegedly considering pulling out after being informed about the recent controversy surrounding Ross. The presenter was suspended after making obscene phone

calls to the Fawlty Towers actor Andrew Sachs on comedian Russell Brand's radio show. Brand resigned in the subsequent public outcry. Craig has also declined to appear on the show to promote his new film Defiance. It is claimed that Ross "made him look foolish" during their last interview. But a spokesman for Craig denied that he had been asked to appear on the show, and said he would gladly come on. The Daily Telegraph

KIDMAN TAKES THE BLAME FOR AUSTRALIA

After Baz Luhrmann's epic film Australia failed to win over audiences Nicole Kidman, pictured, has taken an extraordinary move to shoulder the blame. Kidman, 41, candidly admits that her performance let down the film and said she "squirmed" in her seat as she sat with Keith Urban, her husband, during the Sydney premiere. "I can't look at this movie and be proud of what I've done," she says. "I sat there, and I looked at Keith and went, 'Am I any good in this movie?' It's just impossible for me to connect to it emotionally." Anticipating poor reviews Kidman, pictured, who is paid up to US$16-million per film, fled her native country. "We ran because I didn't want to read anything," she says. The Daily Telegraph
:(

http://www.nationalpost.com/arts/story.html?id=1170044
Wow, is Australia really that bad. I tell you what did make me squirm this week and that was Kate Winslet's Globes speech. I love her work, but oh dear Kate, write a pre-prepared speech next time.
advicky

Post by advicky »

LOVE THE ACTORS, NOT THE SCENE

NOW, Daniel Craig and Liev Schreiber's glamorous glorious gorgeous premiere of "Defiance" at the Landmark Sunshine Theater. Landmarked? The thing should be condemned. Sunshine? Their VIP reception room is a windowless, airless basement. But maybe it's the location that counts. East Houston Street just a vat of chicken fat from Yonah Schimmel's knishery.

I recently saw a memorabilia movie program. Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh's 1939 opening of "Gone With the Wind." What a difference a lousy 70 years makes.

So, anyway, Daniel Craig in a three-piece bespoke suit with vest. Since, clearly, we non-movie stars love the movies, what's his relaxation?

"Who has any? I haven't had time for relaxation. For 3½ months, I've been traveling all over on one publicity tour or another. First the James Bond 'Quantum of Solace,' and now 'Defiance.' Look, I'm grateful my career is doing well and I'm busy working. I'm not complaining. But I can't remember when I relaxed last."

I doubted this since his omnipresent ladyfriend Satsuki Mitchell stayed stuck tighter than duct tape, but being a kindly genteel person I didn't mention that.

"However, if I did have time to do what I wanted, it would be going to the movies. I always look to see a film. I see anything. Everything. It's what I want to do more than anything. I'm a born cinephile. That's not only my work but my play. And not just celebrity openings. I go to the movies as a regular patron. Even to a matinee by myself."

Satsuki was stroking his back. I doubted he did matinees by himself.

"I also buy my popcorn and hot dog like everyone else."

And does Daniel Craig then critique the performances of his fellow actors?

"Only privately."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01142009/go ... tm?&page=1

Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

advicky wrote:LOVE THE ACTORS, NOT THE SCENE

NOW, Daniel Craig and Liev Schreiber's glamorous glorious gorgeous premiere of "Defiance" at the Landmark Sunshine Theater. Landmarked? The thing should be condemned. Sunshine? Their VIP reception room is a windowless, airless basement. But maybe it's the location that counts. East Houston Street just a vat of chicken fat from Yonah Schimmel's knishery.

I recently saw a memorabilia movie program. Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh's 1939 opening of "Gone With the Wind." What a difference a lousy 70 years makes.

So, anyway, Daniel Craig in a three-piece bespoke suit with vest. Since, clearly, we non-movie stars love the movies, what's his relaxation?

"Who has any? I haven't had time for relaxation. For 3½ months, I've been traveling all over on one publicity tour or another. First the James Bond 'Quantum of Solace,' and now 'Defiance.' Look, I'm grateful my career is doing well and I'm busy working. I'm not complaining. But I can't remember when I relaxed last."

I doubted this since his omnipresent ladyfriend Satsuki Mitchell stayed stuck tighter than duct tape, but being a kindly genteel person I didn't mention that.

"However, if I did have time to do what I wanted, it would be going to the movies. I always look to see a film. I see anything. Everything. It's what I want to do more than anything. I'm a born cinephile. That's not only my work but my play. And not just celebrity openings. I go to the movies as a regular patron. Even to a matinee by myself."

Satsuki was stroking his back. I doubted he did matinees by himself.

"I also buy my popcorn and hot dog like everyone else."

And does Daniel Craig then critique the performances of his fellow actors?

"Only privately."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01142009/go ... tm?&page=1

Cute little read, thanks a lot.
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
cornell01

Post by cornell01 »

advicky wrote:LOVE THE ACTORS, NOT THE SCENE
http://www.nypost.com/seven/01142009/go ... htm?&page=
Thanks, advicky! You always come up with good stuff!
Thelma

Post by Thelma »

http://sarahbsadventures.blogspot.com/2 ... d-wed.html

Regis: Would you like to do Broadway here in New York?
Daniel: I would, I'd love to, yeah.
Kelly: No kidding?!
Daniel: Yeah. I would.
Kelly: And you think that's something that might be in your future?
Daniel: Um, it could be. I would, I mean I'd like to make that happen.
Kelly: It would be great for Broadway.
Daniel: It would be great for me.

Daniel Craig, Live with Regis & Kelly, 1/14/09
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Thelma wrote:http://sarahbsadventures.blogspot.com/2 ... d-wed.html

That would be great if he decides to do Broadway (I'll be on the first plane to NY.... :lol: :lol: :lol: )
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
Thelma

Post by Thelma »

Aragorn wrote:

That would be great if he decides to do Broadway (I'll be on the first plane to NY.... :lol: :lol: :lol: )
I would too :lol:
advicky

Post by advicky »

Steve McQueen is Getting a Biopic

Forget the cinematic adventures of Steve McQueen as a husband and friend. While a former McQueen wife might have sold the rights to her book back in 2007, nothing seems to have come of it. A year and a half later, it's time for a different approach, one that focuses on the McQueen we all know and love -- Hollywood star and rebel.

Variety reports that producers Christine Peters and Michael Cerenzie have nabbed the rights to Marshall Terrill's biography Steve McQueen: Portrait of an American Rebel. (See? Doesn't that sound better already?) The book will be whipped up into a feature that covers the actor's Hollywood career, which started in 1956, his "penchant for motorcycles, fast cards, and drugs, his relationship with Ali McGraw, and go right through his battle with lung cancer." Right now, there's no writer or director attached, but Peters and Cerenzie say that they're about to get the latter set.

Once that's done and the script is ready, it'll be casting time once again. Will Daniel Craig young himself up and grab the role? You might remember that before the ex was selling her memories, McQueen's widow was musing over 007 playing Steve -- and she's agreed to cooperate with this film, so I'd bet they'll at least consider him. But if not Craig ... Who?

http://www.cinematical.com/2009/01/14/s ... -a-biopic/

calypso

Post by calypso »

Thelma wrote:
Aragorn wrote:

i would like him to do Equus :shock: :P
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

A play in New York in May would come handy :mrgreen: Thanks Vicky for all the stuff.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

poppy

Post by poppy »

calypso wrote:
Thelma wrote:
Aragorn wrote: That would be great if he decides to do Broadway (I'll be on the first plane to NY.... :lol: :lol: :lol: )
i would like him to do Equus :shock: :P
eerrr can't think why :roll: :roll:
"she doesn't know what i do but she knows who i am......"
calypso

Post by calypso »

think harder :twisted:
ImageImage
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

calypso wrote:think harder :twisted:
Naked man and a horse.