News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2013/ ... e-is-sweet
Nor, to some of his peers in Hollywood, a sensible career trajectory. Mendes's habit of turning down movies to labour on London theatre projects that only a relatively tiny number of people will see is eccentric to the point of deranged in LA, but he finds it psychologically necessary. He was offered another Bond film almost immediately after this one, but wasn't tempted. "Was I willing to go straight back into a room with a writer and start work on the same set of characters and the same scenarios as I've been working on for the last three years? No. The idea made me feel physically ill." He laughs. "The movie world does not acknowledge the theatre world as a serious entity, on the whole. So you get a lot of, 'Why would you do another play?' "

You also get, "What do you say to all the Bond fans you've disappointed?", which makes Mendes laugh. "I say to them, my life is not a democracy. It's not up for discussion. What? Maybe I should go on to one of the [Bond] chat threads and change my mind? I don't think that's going to happen."

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Bad guy Ben is looking good as the next villain to face James Bond

Sir Ben Kingsley is now a shoo-in to star as a villain in the next Bond film, according to insiders.
He won an Oscar playing Mahatma Gandhi, but Ben has developed a taste for portraying baddies and is the villain Mandarin in the new Iron Man 3 blockbuster.

‘I would love to be in the next 007 film,’ says Ben, who reveals the secrets of playing a rogue in The Mail on Sunday’s Event magazine today.
If he bags a part, Ben will appear opposite Daniel Craig, who has signed up to play the spy for two more films. ‘Daniel is the perfect 007,’ says Ben, who this week won a lifetime achievement gong at the Asian Awards.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... z2R2aA7bLm
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Thanks Sylvia, but this is or seems like another article, that made a headline out of a singloe answer. But why not? He is a good actor and would be a good name to have.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:Thanks Sylvia, but this is or seems like another article, that made a headline out of a singloe answer. But why not? He is a good actor and would be a good name to have.
Of course it's not to be taken seriously but I think he would make a
fantastic Bond baddie. :wink:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Thanks Sylvia, but this is or seems like another article, that made a headline out of a singloe answer. But why not? He is a good actor and would be a good name to have.
Of course it's not to be taken seriously but I think he would make a
fantastic Bond baddie. :wink:
Blofield? Give hm a cat and cover the eye and he looks the part. I like Ben, so I would welcome him in Bond.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

I just moved Cassandra's post to the DC and RW topic :wink:

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Mike Nichols in Talks to Direct 'One Last Thing Before I Go' for Bad Robot, Paramount (Exclusive)

ike Nichols is in talks to direct "One Last Thing Before I Go" for J.J. Abrams and Paramount, according to multiple individuals with knowledge of the project.

The film would be Nichols' first since “Charlie Wilson’s War,” which opened in 2007 and is one of two films the director of “The Graduate” and “The Birdcage” has made over the past decade.

Nichols has alternated between film and theater, directing a revival of “Death of a Salesman” last year. He is currently directing Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz in “Betrayal,” and has discussed this new project with Craig as well.

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/m ... ount-87396
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Thanks, interesting, but I am not sure, I would want to see him dying over the length of a film. Also, its nothing, that hasn't been done over and over. I don't see, how this is an overly exciting project. I hope, he doesn't do it. Plus he will need to look sick and not well for the role. Who needs that again?
Daniel, please, be smart and turn your back on that one.

Plus the man is 81 years old.Very few people (IMO) get that old with their brains cells all intact. My experience is, they become considerable slower, their way of thinking gets complicated etc...

Here is a vid, that shows, what I mean
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MmpGRXu_Hg

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

"One last thing before I go" is my favourite Trooper book. It's funny despite the contents....

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda wrote:"One last thing before I go" is my favourite Trooper book. It's funny despite the contents....
Maybe so, but is there a difference between this and the endless films, that have been made with this content? I just don't see, what could be interesting for an audience? PLUS he would have to loose weight again, which in itsself should be a no go.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/m ... ast-443019

BondBabe2008

Post by BondBabe2008 »

Didn't really know where abouts to post this but here it is girl vote away :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/wo ... -2013.html
caramel

Post by caramel »

I wouldn't mind if he ended up doing this movie. If Nichols is interested that means 2014 shooting. Anyway any project Daniel does depends on Bond schedule.
Germangirl wrote:Thanks, interesting, but I am not sure, I would want to see him dying over the length of a film.
From what is said in the articles, doesn't sound like a dying man who is wasting away - if that's what you meant in your post.
He needs a heart surgery. Doesn't mean he can't look fit on the outside. In Daniel's case he can tone it down a little bit.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

But is there anything in this, that feels, like you have to watch it? Plus Mike Nichols might be still good for Broadway, but he is a near no name these days as a film director or better said - he is a "has been". Last film in 2007, which was not terribly successful either.

Did I mention, that I am ALL against it? :lol:
Sorry for the rant, but if this is what he exchanges for MM, I am ](*,)

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Synposes and reader reviews here..

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1358 ... efore-i-go

I wouldn't mind seeing him in something like this. A complete change.
caramel

Post by caramel »

Germangirl wrote:But is there anything in this, that feels, like you have to watch it? Plus Mike Nichols might be still good for Broadway, but he is a near no name these days as a film director or better said - he is a "has been". Last film in 2007, which was not terribly successful either.
I have no clue about the story but it sounds like it would make a good drama? I would love to see him in a good one.
Germangirl wrote:Did I mention, that I am ALL against it? :lol:
Sorry for the rant, but if this is what he exchanges for MM, I am ](*,)
We are just speculating, right Gg? No harm in that. Of course we don't have to like every project he undertakes.
For all we know Nichols probably just mentioned the project to him in passing and TheWrap is glorifying it.

](*,) is exactly how I feel about Bond sometimes. I am tired of it really. Give me something more or some other juicy char to savor.