News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

For those keen on tracking down info, my sister just emailed me saying she saw a teaser for Entertainment Tonight CBS that the trailer for Flashbacks will be shown plus an interview with DC. I've been unsuccessful, all I'm finding is QoS stuff.
Crazy!
funnlim

Post by funnlim »

Is unattainable man sexier? Because being married means he is unattainable and that means for some he is sexy.
sigl

Post by sigl »

OK, I'll calm down and just assume that it FOAF will get here eventually. I'm somewhat lucky in that Minneapolis has 3 theaters that show only independent, art house films......
sigl

"For the ones who had a notion
A notion deep inside
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!"

Bruce Springsteen, "Badlands"
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Golden Compass a Global Success
Posted by krebbe on March 8, 2008 at 9:28 am

After the success in Japan, the Golden Compass movie is on course to set a record as the first film in history to gross $300 million abroad while failing to reach $100 million in North America.

Why did the film do so poorly in the US compared to the rest of the world? While some would be quick to blame Christian activist groups, Adam Dawtrey reporting on Variety thinks the New Line publicity team should acknowledge some of the blame. While New Line promoted and benefited from the film domestically, the international rights had already been sold to a range of indies (independent companies) to offset production costs. Dawtrey proposes the success discrepancy is a case of poor marketing by New Line compared with that of the international indies. Read his whole article here.

Although it’s too late for New Line, it’s good news for fans hoping to see the rest of the trilogy at the cinema. While the success may not be spectacular, the special effects Oscar and the movie’s international reception make a respectable case to Warner Brothers (who have acquired New Line) that there’s money to be made from the sequels. Such is the view of Golden Compass producer Deborah Forte, who vows “I will make The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass. I believe there are enough people who see what a viable and successful franchise we have.”

http://www.bridgetothestars.net/news/go ... l-success/

All hail Deborah Forte!!! Image Image Image
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:For those keen on tracking down info, my sister just emailed me saying she saw a teaser for Entertainment Tonight CBS that the trailer for Flashbacks will be shown plus an interview with DC. I've been unsuccessful, all I'm finding is QoS stuff.
Sisters, what do they know! She was talking about QoS. DAMN!
Crazy!
Lu

Post by Lu »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:
Elaine_Figgis wrote:For those keen on tracking down info, my sister just emailed me saying she saw a teaser for Entertainment Tonight CBS that the trailer for Flashbacks will be shown plus an interview with DC. I've been unsuccessful, all I'm finding is QoS stuff.
Oh dangit. I was SOOO excited! Oh well. :wink:
My books!

Liverpool Rules

Post by Liverpool Rules »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:
:lol: :lol: Don't worry Elaine. I have friends that are always trying to help and give me info and they don't really know how specific this forum can be. My niece thinks any Bond is Daniel :shock: My sister thinks the new film is "The Golden Compass" :shock:
But I thank them just the same. :wink:
"I'm going to want to have sex right until the very end, thank you very much" - Daniel Craig
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Daniel Craig Given Personal Gym On Bond Set At Pinewood

'He throws himself into training and likes to make sure he is at the peak of physical fitness.'

Written by Devin Zydel on 10 Mar, 2008

Daniel Craig has reportedly been given his own personal gymnasium on the Quantum of Solace set in Pinewood Studios in London in order to keep in shape for the 22nd James Bond adventure.
Daniel Craig is James Bond

Daniel Craig is James Bond

The Sun reports that the gym includes rings, a trampoline and massage tables for Craig.

‘Daniel is facing a long stint filming the new Bond in Pinewood Studios,’ said an unnamed source at the 007 set. ‘Producers have allocated a soundstage of his own to use as his personal gym.’

‘It is full of freeweights, ropes and rings, as well as a running machine, trampolines and crash mats. He has an adjoining massage room with his own chill-out area where he will have a physio on call.’

‘The stuntmen on the film are all really impressed by Daniel,’ the source continued. ‘He throws himself into training and likes to make sure he is at the peak of physical fitness while filming Bond.’

‘The “crucifixion” move on the rings is regarded as one of the toughest for a male athlete in any sport. It’s the ultimate test of strength and control. Daniel is close to mastering it.’

Back in late January, CommanderBond.net reported that five soundstages were being used simultaneously for the Quantum of Solace production.

http://commanderbond.net/article/4936
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Pandora

Post by Pandora »

Germangirl wrote:The “crucifixion” move on the rings is regarded as one of the toughest for a male athlete in any sport. It’s the ultimate test of strength and control. Daniel is close to mastering it.
:shock: I'd like to see him do that...actually, anything on the rings. How cool he is training with those! Maybe some photos will leak out...

Thanks for the info, Germangirl.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Jonathan Ross's wife Jane Goldman and Matthew Vaughn posed with their award for best sci-fi film for Stardust.

She looks like fun, too. :wink:

Although I hate his craggy face remarks all the time :evil:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Germangirl wrote:She looks like fun, too. :wink:

Although I hate his craggy face remarks all the time :evil:
I think you have to be a bit crazy if you're enduring a marriage with JR :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:

(I like him! :wink: and his a bit nasty and dingy humor :twisted: )

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
redluna

Post by redluna »

Maybe interesting for our UK-members:

Cinema stages evening showing only previews

A COLLECTION of film trailers give some cinema-goers that sinking feeling as they realise they have to sit through a batch of “forthcoming attrac- tions” before they get to the main film.
Now Liverpool’s Odeon Cinema is devoting a special evening to previews for films to be released over the next year – and charging customers for the pleasure.
The cinema is one of a dozen Odeons staging a so-called Red Carpet Preview evening on Wednesday.
Organisers Total Film magazine and Sky Movies are even billing it as “the must-see event for UK film fans”.
Alongside the trail- ers it will offer teasers, behind-the-scenes and unseen footage.
The stars include Liverpool’s own Daniel Craig, Eddie Murphy, Cameron Diaz, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards.
Films to be included re Iron Man, the new Batman film The Dark Knight, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, The Chronicles of Nania: Prince Caspian, and Flashbacks of a Fool starring Daniel Craig.
Spokeswoman Lorraine Long warned: “The studios are insisting on super security measures at the event with total restrictions on mobile phones, cameras and any possible recording device”.
The Liverpool preview will run between 7.30pm and 10.30pm. Tickets cost £10.
advicky

Post by advicky »

catasa

Post by catasa »

Anglophile wrote:Golden Compass a Global Success
Posted by krebbe on March 8, 2008 at 9:28 am

Such is the view of Golden Compass producer Deborah Forte, who vows “I will make The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass. I believe there are enough people who see what a viable and successful franchise we have.”

http://www.bridgetothestars.net/news/go ... l-success/

All hail Deborah Forte!!! Image Image Image
Yes. They have to. No option. I have to see the other parts as well.
/Åsa
I can make you a Daniel MySpace layout
^^^Image text: False Alarm by KT Tunstall^^^
catasa

Post by catasa »

Thanks for the article GG.
/Åsa
I can make you a Daniel MySpace layout
^^^Image text: False Alarm by KT Tunstall^^^