News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bumblebee wrote:Image
BEST ACTOR
Demián Bichir, A Better Life
George Clooney, The Descendants
Leonardo DiCaprio, J. Edgar
Jean Dujardin, The Artist
Brad Pitt, Moneyball
Oh yes...I wonder, why they praise and snub Tattoo at the same time.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

khenton

Post by khenton »

Eastwood's daughter to have reality show

http://laineygossip.com/Articles/Detail ... -Craig-say
Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Not DC news, but good to see the Kardashians get a grilling from Barbara Walters:

'You don't have any talent!': Barbara Walters grills Kim Kardashian about fame and sex tape during 10 Most Fascinating People special

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ecial.html
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

daniel craig interview on itv player, but i wont be able to split it, maybe someone can help? I havent seen it yet cant get past all the flaming adverts on it. You can fast forward the programme but not the adverts amazing. Mighty be able to download it either :roll:

http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=295648
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

cheryl1700 wrote:daniel craig interview on itv player, but i wont be able to split it, maybe someone can help? I havent seen it yet cant get past all the flaming adverts on it. You can fast forward the programme but not the adverts amazing. Mighty be able to download it either :roll:

http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=295648

We need JEC or JES :lol: :lol:

Only avaiblable in the UK :(

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

Sorry all it will let me download is adverts, and there is enough of them, the interview is at 0138min. He is very nice, and relaxed, he jokes about having turkey dinner for christmas but dont tell the bond people that, and that he likes to get things nice looking for christmas for family, as he only has a few days off. It is a very short short interview, his eyes are dark blue not light blue.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Thanks Cheryl. :D So he likes his presents nicely wrapped (Those, he gives away)? Only a few days off is shit though...but he loves the shit, so its all good. :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

I tried to screen capture it using avs video editor, but it shows the picture but no flaming sound on it, tried it twice now, dont know what i am doing wrong, dont whether it is because it is itv player or i am doing something wrong, very frustrating. sorry can anyone else help?
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Daniel Craig on press freedom and the latest James Bond

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-16221144
caramel

Post by caramel »

Daniel Craig promises the best Bond movie ever

LOS ANGELES – “I was up shooting till 9 o’clock this morning, so I’m on about two and a half hours sleep only,” a smiling Daniel Craig said to us on a monitor via satellite. “I don’t know where I am at the moment,” he joked.

Daniel was in London, unable to come to LA because he was in the midst of shooting the new 007 film, “Skyfall.” “We’re making the best Bond movie we can possibly make,” he promised. “Skyfall,” which reportedly revolves around how Bond’s loyalty to M (played by Judi Dench) is tested as her past comes back to haunt her, is being directed by Sam Mendes (“American Beauty”). Joining the terrific cast are Ralph Fiennes, Javier Bardem, Ben Whishaw, Albert Finney, Naomie Harris and Ola Rapace.

“There’s a huge amount of responsibility, especially because it [the James Bond series] will be 50 years old,” announced Daniel, who stars as Mikael Blomkvist in the much-awaited “The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.”

“But, I think we pulled together the best people available with Sam, [cinematographer] Roger Deakins, and a cast that I’d be proud and happy to work with in any movie. We have a great script, too. We’ve been shooting for about six weeks now. It’s exhausting, though I’m enjoying every moment of it!”

Daniel explained that after the holiday break, the film will resume its six-month shooting schedule. “All I can say is that we’re making a very beautiful and exciting movie,” he said. “It’s fast-paced. We’ve brought in new and old characters. I can’t say more than that without giving too many details away.”

Coincidence

The actor was told about a coincidence – Ola Rapace, who’s in the Bond film – is the ex-husband of Noomi Rapace, who played Lisbeth Salander in the original “The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo,” released in 2009. “I didn’t know that,” Daniel said. “I work with him a lot. Ola and I have two or three big scenes together. He’s in the movie from beginning to end. I’m incredibly happy to have him in the film. He’s a great actor!”

Asked if he has thought about being too identified with the famous British Secret Service agent and if people address him as James Bond, he answered, “They mainly address me as Daniel, which is good. But, if I was really typecast, and James Bond is the only role I play for the rest of my life, it wouldn’t be a bad thing. There are worse problems than that.

“But, I’ve been fortunate to have been given a chance to do other things. I went off and did a cowboy movie [‘Cowboys & Aliens’] and had the chance to make this movie and a motion-capture film [‘The Adventures of Tintin’] over the past two years. So, it has been rich and varied. I’m very grateful for that.”

He said it was “a real privilege” to work with David Fincher, who directed “The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo,” the 2011 version with Rooney Mara as Lisbeth Salander. “I’ve been a huge Fincher fan for years,” Daniel admitted. “It has been an ambition of mine to work with him and to be given a chance to work on a movie of this scale, and with material this good. It was a joy, and David is a wonderful director to work with. We had a lot of fun making the movie.”

“David has an eye for detail,” he said of the filmmaker behind “The Social Network” and “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button” and noted for doing many takes. “To be in the hands of someone like that, it just makes you relax. He knows what he wants and asks for it in a very clear way. It’s very easy to respond to him. I’m there to work, so if it takes 60 takes, it will take 60 takes. I never counted.”

As for his co-star, who plays a Goth hacker in the thriller, Daniel commented, “Rooney is a wonderful, very mature actress. She’s a good person who was under a lot of pressure, not the least of which was the fact that there were many actresses who wanted to play the role. She stepped up to the plate and did an amazing job! Rooney is more than capable of dealing with things on her own. She has the skill set, so there’s nothing I can say to her, advice-wise. She’s going to be just fine.”

Indeed. It was hard to take our eyes off Rooney when we saw the film.

Daniel added that he, Rooney and the main cast rehearsed intensively. “And, I worked with Steve Zaillian, the scriptwriter, to get the characters as strong as possible,” Daniel said of the screenwriter who adapted Stieg Larsson’s book, part of a bestselling trilogy. “Then, we spent a year shooting it, so we all got to know each other quite well.”

Extraordinary story

He offered why the late Stieg’s trilogy has sold more than 20 million copies all over the world. “What made the books so popular is this extraordinary story about a middle-aged journalist who’s having a relationship with this twentysomething damaged human being,” Daniel remarked. “Both are extraordinary characters who team up and I think fall in love a little. That’s the real deal about why these stories have been so successful. Hopefully, we’ve captured that.”

Daniel stars as the villainous Ivanovich Sakharine/Red Rackham in “Tintin,” an altogether different film. “I had a lot of fun shooting that movie,” he said, his eyes lighting up. “It was quite a freeing experience apart from the fact that I needed to wear a leotard with dots all over. I worked with such a wonderful and funny cast. Steven (Spielberg, director) and Peter (Jackson, producer) who are big Tintin fans wanted to make it as joyous an experience as possible. The funny thing is, we shot that movie two years ago. So, it seems like a long time ago, but I was incredibly impressed with the results.”

Aside from filming the Bond movie, what else is in Daniel’s immediate future? “I have no overriding ambition to do anything – just what’s good,” he replied. “I’d like to go back to theater at some point in the next couple of years. That’s my ambition, work-wise.”

He added, “And, we’ll see how this movie (‘Dragon Tattoo’) does. Maybe we’ll get a chance to make another one in the trilogy. My character does get interesting. But, the next book is very much about Salander. I haven’t read the script yet, so I don’t know how much he’s going to appear in it. But, I’d like to take that character again, given the opportunity.”

http://entertainment.inquirer.net/24315 ... movie-ever
007Mania

Post by 007Mania »

Oh, Mr. Bond!
Image Image

"Nur du und ich... und 400 Papageien."
caramel

Post by caramel »

Who knows how it will all play out but it is indeed gratifying to see all this chatter about DC doing many more Bond movies, particularly when people like Fassbender and Hugh Jackman were only too eager to name drop Bond whenever possible. I don't recall if MF did it himself but his name keeps coming up. So there you go :lol:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45725228/ ... u-FvnJ2PMo
Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

I also love to hear...Daniel would like to do theatre again...anywhen. So I can keep my hope for a further London play.
Last edited by Jana66 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tampa

Post by tampa »

caramel wrote:Who knows how it will all play out but it is indeed gratifying to see all this chatter about DC doing many more Bond movies, particularly when people like Fassbender and Hugh Jackman were only too eager to name drop Bond whenever possible. I don't recall if MF did it himself but his name keeps coming up. So there you go :lol:

Yes - I can't help but feel that Wilson's statement was more to stop all the talk in the press from Fassbender and Jackman about their doing Bond and less about how many more Bonds DC will do. I would guess that the constant chatter from MF and particularly HJ about taking over Bond - while he is still doing it - had to annoy him and Wilson and Babs wanted to show their loyalty to him.
calypso

Post by calypso »

tampa wrote:
caramel wrote:Who knows how it will all play out but it is indeed gratifying to see all this chatter about DC doing many more Bond movies, particularly when people like Fassbender and Hugh Jackman were only too eager to name drop Bond whenever possible. I don't recall if MF did it himself but his name keeps coming up. So there you go :lol:

Yes - I can't help but feel that Wilson's statement was more to stop all the talk in the press from Fassbender and Jackman about their doing Bond and less about how many more Bonds DC will do. I would guess that the constant chatter from MF and particularly HJ about taking over Bond - while he is still doing it - had to annoy him and Wilson and Babs wanted to show their loyalty to him.
i agree
ImageImage