News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Great interview. Thanks for posting the translation.
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Long piece here in today's Independant.

Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep doing Bond until my knees go'

With his rugged good looks and brooding charisma, Daniel Craig is licensed to thrill. But there's more to this actor's career than playing James Bond

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 76211.html
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

JEC57 wrote:
Anglophile wrote:So what does whooping mean in this context? I can't seem to find a translation that fits here. Just curious.
I think the whooping is in with the song...lots of kicks and whooping, it's a noise that just sounds like "whoop", like you can hear here.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-8FMmB7 ... re=related
Thanks! :) Nice video too, lol, yes I could hear the whooping.
And thanks also for the interview translation, one of the most informative interviews I've read in a long time. LOVE LOVE LOVE the man. 8)

Edit: Just read the Independent interview, good one too as it's quite personal at times without getting too intrusive.
'his Wirral accent briefly surfacing' - LOL, sometimes when I watch his films I have the impression that every so often, a wee bit of a northern accent creeps in, but I always think I must be mistaken.

This is pretty interesting, about his drama school days: 'Still, he admits he was "massively arrogant" at the time. "I thought nothing could touch me." ' Looks like that stage didn't last very long though: 'Part of the problem, he says, lay in self-belief. "It took a long time to relax into the idea that I was going to earn a living out of this. To have the confidence to get on with it." '

By the way JEC, your avatar is freaking me out! Bald Daniel staring at me first thing in the morning - GAAAAAH!!! Image :lol:
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Anglophile wrote: By the way JEC, your avatar is freaking me out! Bald Daniel staring at me first thing in the morning - GAAAAAH!!! Image :lol:
But what a wonderful way to be freaked out. :wink:

I've also noticed his Wirral twang coming through in interviews sometimes, usually when he is either end of the spectrum......either totally relaxed and laughing a mile a minute, or the opposite, totally uptight and on edge.

Two nice interviews in a few days, it's nice to read what he's saying and sooooo glad to hear he is still on board with the Bond movies. I think he should do at least one more to finish the arc of Bond into a fully fledged 00. I don't think he would do himself justice if he left at this point.

But....the wait is so frustrating! I know he needs his down-time and rest, and he deserves it too. But I also wish he would shift his PFA and get back to work. :twisted:
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

JEC57 wrote:Long piece here in today's Independant.

With his rugged good looks and brooding charisma, Daniel Craig is licensed to thrill. But there's more to this actor's career than playing James Bond

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 76211.html
A very nice read
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

JEC57 wrote:Long piece here in today's Independant.
I think, this pretty much confirms, that they are NOT looking for someone else as some here might fear. They will not do a "Pierce Brosnan" with him, because they know, they can´t do that twice without seriously hurting their reputation. This at least is good to know - even though its funny, that by now, we wouldl be happy to hear, its out in 2011. Here´s hoping for a real successful project for Daniel in between.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

amanda7609daniel68

Post by amanda7609daniel68 »

Daniel's at the Liverpool v Newcastle United match at Anfield today. I was watching the preview, munching my dinner and there he was, I was so stunned I even rewound it and watched it......he's there. Bless him a Liverpool fan...........looked nice too, jeans.......but he had a hat on. He was signing stuff for fans.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

amanda7609daniel68 wrote:Daniel's at the Liverpool v Newcastle United match at Anfield today. I was watching the preview, munching my dinner and there he was, I was so stunned I even rewound it and watched it......he's there. Bless him a Liverpool fan...........looked nice too, jeans.......but he had a hat on. He was signing stuff for fans.
Great scoop, I hope we get pics.
Guinness

Post by Guinness »

bumblebee wrote:
amanda7609daniel68 wrote:Daniel's at the Liverpool v Newcastle United match at Anfield today. I was watching the preview, munching my dinner and there he was, I was so stunned I even rewound it and watched it......he's there. Bless him a Liverpool fan...........looked nice too, jeans.......but he had a hat on. He was signing stuff for fans.
Great scoop, I hope we get pics.
damn, I hope he gets to watch the game! seems like a fun thing to do, not promote anything. any sign of Sats? Men playing sports with really nice legs? i would sooo be there-on the arm of the hottest man in the stadium!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Thx for the update :D If you rewound it, there must be a link, no? Is there anything you could post?
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

amanda7609daniel68

Post by amanda7609daniel68 »

no I was watching it live and on my TV you can rewind the live feed. He looked as if he was on his own .........I'd have gone with him....mind you my screaming and shouting would have embarassed him!!!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

amanda7609daniel68 wrote:no I was watching it live and on my TV you can rewind the live feed. He looked as if he was on his own .........I'd have gone with him....mind you my screaming and shouting would have embarassed him!!!
Thanks Amanda :D Nice that he took some time for the fans...

Guinness

Post by Guinness »

Germangirl wrote:
amanda7609daniel68 wrote:no I was watching it live and on my TV you can rewind the live feed. He looked as if he was on his own .........I'd have gone with him....mind you my screaming and shouting would have embarassed him!!!
Thanks Amanda :D Nice that he took some time for the fans...
is the game over? what time is it there?
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

....but no photo on the site unfortunately.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpres ... fpB3xml8fg
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... -21330709/
Liverpool 3-0 Newcastle: Reds have licence to thrill

"Given that Daniel Craig was in the crowd, how fitting that the scoreline here could easily have been 00-7.

Liverpool's performance in destroying a quite hopeless Newcastle side does at least offer a Quantum of Solace that the title race is not yet over.

What was clear from this game - apart from the almost criminal incompetence of the visitors - is that the Merseyside club will go down with all (golden) guns blazing, even if James Bond himself might struggle to stop Manchester United.

Craig saw the home side score three simple goals on a sunny Sunday afternoon stroll, and could have added at least four more, striking the bar three times and missing a multitude of other opportunities..."

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/988 ... underballs :twisted:

"Even the presence of the latest James Bond could not inspire desperate Newcastle to an unlikely feat of heroism at Anfield.

Liverpool fan Daniel Craig was a guest in the VIP seats as his team left the beleaguered Toon Army with only a quantum of solace.

And super villain Joey Barton, well behaved for 76 minutes, could not stop himself from getting involved in the plot, earning the fourth red card of his tempestuous career.

Like all Bond films there was a touch of comedy as well, the Kop taunting Newcastle’s fourth manager of a disastrous season with “Alan Shearer’s a football genius” and “You should have stayed on the telly.

Considering they had not won in this part of Merseyside since 1994, few expected a different script yesterday. It was always going to be a case of Die Another Day."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/vie ... ou-now-Al/
"James Bond was in the crowd but it’s doubtful even he would fancy the task of trying to rescue Newcastle.

Actor Daniel Craig is a big Liverpool fan but it wouldn’t have taken him too long to work out that some jobs are too stiff even for a special agent."

:roll: :lol:
amazing how presence of one man in crowd can give so many corny storylines.
i also read he had pictures taken with team after match.
ImageImage