News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

poppy

Post by poppy »

talking of british tabloids/magazines - i'm surprised at the lack of coverage he sometimes gets. there's a free paper on the tube and it had pics of jude and sienna from the met ball and others but no daniel and the same in look magazine - it covers all the big events, has pics of all the other women/dresses but never picks up on sats which given who's she with and how glam she always looks surprises me.
"she doesn't know what i do but she knows who i am......"
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

poppy wrote:talking of british tabloids/magazines - i'm surprised at the lack of coverage he sometimes gets. there's a free paper on the tube and it had pics of jude and sienna from the met ball and others but no daniel and the same in look magazine - it covers all the big events, has pics of all the other women/dresses but never picks up on sats which given who's she with and how glam she always looks surprises me.
I wonder if it's just because he's so clean - no gossip, no diva behavior (Sienna is a notorious s**t magnet for example). Look at what they write when they do write about him - all they have is the Bond persona to fall back on, and the odd marriage rumor.
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Sylvia's girl wrote:it's weird that the news of Daniel's new apartment purchase has finally found its way into the British tabloids when there has been no reports at all on the gay rumours abounding at the moment. I'm surprised, but pleased that our trashy tabloids have not picked up on it yet.
Maybe they run a bit scared of him these days with regard to scandal.....he isn't afraid to sue, as the Daily Mail surely remembers to their cost.
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/28/gary-cole ... t-strokes/

Gary Coleman has died as the result of injuries he suffered earlier this week, the hospital tells TMZ.

We've learned Gary's wife, Shannon, made the decision to pull life support early this AM.

We're told Coleman died at 12:05 PM Mountain Standard Time. He died of a intracranial hemorrhage.

Family members and close friends were at Coleman's side when life support was pulled.

He was 42.

As TMZ first reported, Coleman was rushed to a hospital in Utah after he fell and hurt his head. He was on life support since Thursday.

- this cast seem very unlucky as Dana Plato died too very young.
:(
ImageImage
bubita

Post by bubita »

:cry:
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Sylvia's girl wrote:it's weird that the news of Daniel's new apartment purchase has finally found its way into the British tabloids when there has been no reports at all on the gay rumours abounding at the moment. I'm surprised, but pleased that our trashy tabloids have not picked up on it yet.
Really weird it took so long for the NYC purchase to hit his hometown news. I hope the gay rumors never make it. Why anyone believes one person's 'sighting', I'll never know.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Daniel Craig Gets Suited by Gotstyle

After being measured and picking up a Made to Measure suit at Gotstyle, Daniel Craig sent a thank you card to Joa for suiting him for his upcoming movie, Dream House.

http://gotstylemenswear.com/2010/05/28/ ... nt=Twitter
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

calypso

Post by calypso »

BUYER: Daniel Craig
PRICE: $1,900,000
SIZE: 1,121 square feet, 1 bedroom, 2 poopers

YOUR MAMAS NOTES: According to the Wall Street Journal and just about everyone else, bewitchingly bodied British actor Daniel Craig and his long time ladee friend Satsuki Mitchell have plunked down a wad of cash for a 007 style penthouse pad in New York City's celeb friendly TriBeCa neighborhood. Your Mama knows that we are a little late to the fiesta on this one, but dealing with our fried Fiona Trambeau's recent antics with booze and men has put us a bit behind the eight ball. Deal with it.

Anyhoo, according to all the previous reports, Mister Craig and Miss Satsuki have proffered a fat roll of cash for a 1 bedroom and 2 pooper penthouse in TriBeCa last listed at $1,900,000. The two-floor pied a terre measures, according to listing information, just 1,124 square feet. We don't know if Mister Craig is coughing up the full asking price or some lesser number, but a few flicks of the well worn beads on our bejeweled abacus shows the asking price represents a cost of nearly $1,700 per square foot. As if that weren't a tough enough financial pill to swallow, listing information shows that monthly carrying costs for the condo will run Mister Craig a hefty $2,265. :shock:

Instead of opening into a public hall or directly into the apartment, the purdy penthouse is accessed by an elevator that opens onto one of the penthouse's trio of terraces. This is all well and good when the weather's fine, but Your Mama fears it would be bit of a bother when it's snowing and seven degrees.

The front door of the penthouse, if you can call it that, opens directly into the dining area which not only has a wall of glass with a terrace and city view, but also a vaulted ceiling of glass that soars 20' high. Your Mama feels a little iffy about these glass ceilings. More than likely these expanses of glass in the ceiling are treated with some chemical or film that diffuses the harsh light of the direct sun but we still can't help but feel that sitting at that table in the middle of the day might feel a little too much sitting inside and oven, cooking like a Christmas goose.

The main living space, an open plan living/dining/kitchen area with red tinged chestnut colored hardwood floors, stretches 34-feet from the terrace at the front to an even larger terrace at the back. Both end walls are floor to ceiling glass that gives the penthouse a kind of sexy fishbowl feeling, which may or may not be a good thing depending on how one feels about being seen lolling around nekkid :twisted: on the living room sofa by folks in neighboring buildings. The wee kitchen area has glossy, flat fronted white cabinets that just about conceal the Sub-Zero refrigerator, a chunky Viking brand range, a built-in under counter wine fridge and white marble counter tops streaked with subtle gray veins. It's not a big kitchen, but most New Yorkers don't care much for a big kitchen and, besides, it's plenty large enough to unload dinner delivery from Nobu and Odeon.

A staircase fashioned from floating hunks of hardwood treads and a glass and steel banister climbs to the penthouse's only bedroom, a pleasantly airy if not particularly private aerie with chestnut colored hardwood floors, two closets–one a walk-in, thank heavens–a private pooper in which the terlit and trough sink are divided from the shower and bathing tub by a frameless sheet of glass, and a small balcony that hangs over the largest of the penthouse's three terraces.

We don't see it called on on the floor plan of the unit, but listing information indicates the condo is equipped with a washer and dryer as well as additional storage in the cellar, which is a good damn thing because as far as Your Mama can tell there are only two closets in the entire apartment and they are both located upstairs in the bedroom. That means Mister Craig and Miss Satsuki's guests will be flinging their coats around the apartment willy-nilly when they come over for dinner. That or they'll have to pay their house gurl extra to tramp up and down the stairs every time someone wants their cigarettes–or nose candy–out of their coat.

See! i their house gurl - it me!!!, i run up and down stairs, i will!
:happyrunning:

Mister Craig reportedly spent £4,000,000 for a two-floor flat in a house near London's Regent's Park in late 2008 so it's unlikely he'll be relocating permanently to his new, nearly closetless penthouse in New York City anytime soon.
:thumbup: for Britain!
ImageImage
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

It seems that Daniel could well be in New Mexico now.....according to Daniel's Dad's twitter page, stating that he had received a call from there. :)
calypso

Post by calypso »

Sylvia's girl wrote:It seems that Daniel could well be in New Mexico now.....according to Daniel's Dad's twitter page, stating that he had received a call from there. :)
si, i saw that earlier but didnt want to post, maybe. we will soon know. :wink:
i think maybe to go there to get lay low out from pap lenses? or to rehearse now? filing only a couple of weeks away.
my gods, he stay away from UK long time yes?

sad to read about ollie his cat, i hope he make it through night. so many cats get hit by cars then they make it home, i see it with ym eyes. i have had cats turn up here hurt an dlimping and i take to vets and they have broken limbs. some survive some don't.
i pray for ollie get well and all cats tonight:
'St Gertrude, keep my cat all night
From trap or poison, thorn or bite,
From speeding cars and thieving men,
And bring him safely home again.'
ImageImage
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/st ... le_1135080

British actress GEMMA ARTERTON almost quit her role as a Bond girl opposite DANIEL CRAIG in 2008's QUANTUM OF SOLACE - after a movie executive belittled her "common" accent.

The star was cast as agent Strawberry Fields in Craig's second 007 outing, but she almost walked out when one American film chief warned her that if she carried on talking in her native accent she would only ever be cast as a maid.

She tells Britain's GQ magazine, "I said, 'Hello! I'm playing a Bond girl who works for the British consulate!' I was so annoyed I nearly walked out... I went through this whole thing of, 'I'm common compared to all these Oxford (renowned British university) graduates. I don't know anything.'"

Arterton's accent also nearly cost her a role in upcoming blockbuster Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - after director Mike Newell ordered her to lose her southern England twang and speak "posh".

Now the 24 year old is working with a voice coach after moviemaker Stephen Frears advised her to seek professional help during a recent audition.

Arterton adds, "I went into this meeting and he went, 'Oh dear, oh dear. Why do you speak like that?' And I went, 'It's where I'm from.' He said, 'Well, you are going to have to sort that out.'"
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

calypso wrote: si, i saw that earlier but didnt want to post, maybe. we will soon know. :wink:
i think maybe to go there to get lay low out from pap lenses? or to rehearse now? filing only a couple of weeks away.

'
LOL - you know Daniel, he wouldn´t go hiding. There was a facebook post days ago, that they are packing to go to NM - so I think, he is there just on schedule. Probably having a fun time with a horse :twisted: They start in 2 weeks, so I guess, there is lots to prep for everybody.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

calypso

Post by calypso »

Germangirl wrote:
calypso wrote: si, i saw that earlier but didnt want to post, maybe. we will soon know. :wink:

'
LOL - you know Daniel, he wouldn´t go hiding. There was a facebook post days ago, that they are packing to go to NM - so I think, he is there just on schedule. Probably having a fun time with a horse :twisted: They start in 2 weeks, so I guess, there is lots to prep for everybody.
whose facebook? :shock: who would give such info knowing he is private man?
ImageImage
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

calypso wrote:
Germangirl wrote:

'
whose facebook? :shock: who would give such info knowing he is private man?
The DC fan page. http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=lo ... ig.FanPage
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Mrs. B. it askes for a user name and password :?