News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

George Clooney beats British celebrities David Beckham and Daniel Craig to win Male Grooming Icon of 2014 (and even Simon Cowell gets a mention in the top 20!)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... z3NkiAOQRf
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Wow, I am surprised to see him on that list after being off radar for so long and after the jumper incident. Good for him. I am pleased :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

cassandra

Post by cassandra »

It's not really a news tidbit, but I came across this article today with a reference to Daniel:

Ad Age's Top 15 Campaigns Of The 21st Century: Has The Advertising Industry Become Divergent?

‘The BMW Films spots (in 2001 from agency Fallon) were the first long-format videos to gain real attention on the Internet, and starred then-unknown actor Daniel Craig as a spy pursued by villains. BMW Films revealed the automobile advertiser’s extraordinary performance and handling in extended chase scenes that were directed by some of Hollywood’s biggest directors (like Ang Lee, John Woo, Guy Ritchie and John Frankenheimer) and Daniel Craig went on to become a James Bond.’

http://www.forbes.com/sites/patrickhanl ... divergent/

Does anyone recall this advertising campaign? I have just done a brief search and I think it was Clive Owen who featured as 'The Driver'.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

cassandra wrote:It's not really a news tidbit, but I came across this article today with a reference to Daniel:

Ad Age's Top 15 Campaigns Of The 21st Century: Has The Advertising Industry Become Divergent?

‘The BMW Films spots (in 2001 from agency Fallon) were the first long-format videos to gain real attention on the Internet, and starred then-unknown actor Daniel Craig as a spy pursued by villains. BMW Films revealed the automobile advertiser’s extraordinary performance and handling in extended chase scenes that were directed by some of Hollywood’s biggest directors (like Ang Lee, John Woo, Guy Ritchie and John Frankenheimer) and Daniel Craig went on to become a James Bond.’

http://www.forbes.com/sites/patrickhanl ... divergent/

Does anyone recall this advertising campaign? I have just done a brief search and I think it was Clive Owen who featured as 'The Driver'.
I as far as I can make out, Clive Owen did a whole series of these ads. I think they've made a mistake between him and Daniel.
Last edited by Sylvia's girl on Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Right, we never came across that,vso i assume, it wasnt him.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Alina

Post by Alina »

Clive Owen, I'm pretty sure.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

It's really sad that even a editor at an established mag/site like Forbes
doesn't do proper research

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
bubita

Post by bubita »

stupid editor!
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

bubita wrote:stupid editor!
Speaking of Clive Owen did anyone see him at the Golden Globes? He looked terrible, velvet jacket, he looked a little heavy, maybe for a movie roll or something. He usually is on my radar as a very sexy man but what a turn off at the GG's
caramel

Post by caramel »

tbossmc2000 wrote:
bubita wrote:stupid editor!
Speaking of Clive Owen did anyone see him at the Golden Globes? He looked terrible, velvet jacket, he looked a little heavy, maybe for a movie roll or something. He usually is on my radar as a very sexy man but what a turn off at the GG's
.... and his teeth are horrible! :shock: :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I always found, he had the ultimate Bond look and good looks overall, butvsadly is terribly bland as an actor.

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

When James Bond star Daniel Craig enjoyed nights on the town in Newcastle

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/his ... ig-8469259
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Thanks for posting SG... 8) I find articles like that fascinating as I know so little of Daniels life 'pre Bond'.... :oops: ... well, just a few bits and pieces about where he grew up and stuff...
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

Sylvia's girl wrote:When James Bond star Daniel Craig enjoyed nights on the town in Newcastle

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/his ... ig-8469259
Thanks SG, worked in the town then, and know those places etc. in Newcastle arghhh so close but yet so far. i actually worked on the Quayside, right next to the Tux ship. Maybe then I wouldn't have given him a second glance, or him me either. Such is life.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Sony braced for MORE leaks: Bosses prepare for new wave of embarrassing emails after cyber hack

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z3PYmyobOG
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook