News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... 439678.ece

They are calling this an "exclusive" but I think the bits of Daniel come from an interview from the time of the film's release - I seem to recognise the room on the background.
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

This is what I call a real "hard-core" fan event!!

Makes me wonder if we should all ever get together to hold on similar just for Daniel :shock: :lol:

http://commanderbond.net/article/6253
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

JEC57 wrote:This is what I call a real "hard-core" fan event!!

Makes me wonder if we should all ever get together to hold on similar just for Daniel :shock: :lol:

...and London might be the place to do it :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Germangirl wrote:

...........we could have a tour around some of the film sites! Anyone for a swim in Tooting Bec Lido, or a naked run outside Goldhawk Road tube station maybe?? :lol:
StarryDannyFan

Post by StarryDannyFan »

JEC57 wrote:
Germangirl wrote:

...........we could have a tour around some of the film sites! Anyone for a swim in Tooting Bec Lido, or a naked run outside Goldhawk Road tube station maybe?? :lol:
Shrieks!!! SHRIEKS!!! Swim in Tooting Bec Lido yes please, but not nakedness outside Goldhawk Road Tube station! Ray can do that, without problems! But if we did a naked run, we'll be sectioned! But that means meeting Ray in a mental hospital... fine with me!

You made me laugh today! I would love to do a Some Voices tour, go to Hastings as well!

StarryDannyFan xx
mermayd

Post by mermayd »

Iv'e been to that Lido on the hottest day in London history - it was 38degrees celsius. But the water was still FREEZING!

God only knows how those two survived.

Parts of Enduring Love were filmed outside the School of Oriental and African Studies in Russell Square - the bit where Joe threatens to gut Jed - so that could be included on a DC fan tour of London!
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

mermayd wrote:Iv'e been to that Lido on the hottest day in London history - it was 38degrees celsius. But the water was still FREEZING!

God only knows how those two survived.

Parts of Enduring Love were filmed outside the School of Oriental and African Studies in Russell Square - the bit where Joe threatens to gut Jed - so that could be included on a DC fan tour of London!
You're right - that pool is never warm. Apparently they can't tinker with it and add heaters because it's now listed as a structure of historical importance. :roll:

Occasional Strong was filmed there too. They drive over the Albert Bridge, then along a bit of embankment that always seems to me not be en route, but the next road shot after that is of Trinity Road just at the top of Battersea Rise where it runs over that underpass, then along to one of the carparks by the Lido.
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

StarryDannyFan wrote: Shrieks!!! SHRIEKS!!! Swim in Tooting Bec Lido yes please, but not nakedness outside Goldhawk Road Tube station! Ray can do that, without problems! But if we did a naked run, we'll be sectioned! But that means meeting Ray in a mental hospital... fine with me!

You made me laugh today! I would love to do a Some Voices tour, go to Hastings as well!

StarryDannyFan xx
And why not naked outside Goldhawk Road tube station?....we should all do it as a tribute to Daniel's guts for running around starkers just for the sake of his art! :lol: :lol: :lol:
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

When Tooting Bec Lido opened in 1906 it was the earliest purpose-built open air pool in London and remains amongst the largest freshwater pools in Europe. The 90m pool and children's paddling pool are flanked by dressing sheds with brightly coloured doors.

The Lido is a favourite location for photoshoots and documentaries about the heyday of lidos in the 1930s. Guy Ritchie shot scenes for Snatch at the Lido and Daniel Craig braved the cold October waters in 1999 whilst filming Some Voices. Image of Tooting Bec Lido. Photographer: ©Jamie Lumley

Credits include: Rosemary & Thyme (TV), Snatch (2000), Some Voices(1999)
http://www.filmlondon.org.uk/content.as ... cleID=1616

and remember these?

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

bumblebee wrote: and remember these?

Oh yeah!!........especially the boys being naughty and trying to see either under or over them at the girls getting changed. :lol:

That takes me back a bit Image
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

JEC57 wrote:
bumblebee wrote: and remember these?

Oh yeah!!........especially the boys being naughty and trying to see either under or over them at the girls getting changed. :lol:

That takes me back a bit Image
Where is the little animation with his feet going up and down? Wet thread? Happy feet?
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Searching, and found this:

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Has anyone seem this film?

I managed to miss this one!! :shock:

How to Lose Friends and Alienate People.

It all leaves the impression that the filmmakers were aiming to emulate The Devil Wears Prada. There’s a haughty, grey-haired boss, a shiny New York magazine office and a string of cameos from actors including Thandie Newton and Daniel Craig.

http://www.thenational.ae/article/20090 ... 8/1007/rss
StarryDannyFan

Post by StarryDannyFan »

bumblebee wrote:Searching, and found this:

Lovely picture with the doors...as for Laura - *drowns her* and snogs Ray.... wonder how Ray survived the cold water!! I would love to visit Tooting Bec Lido! We could go to the Harp Cafe, not far from where Laura's flat, it's still there and also Laura's flat as well.

Loving the chat about Some Voices - carry on!

StarryDannyFan xx
Zibzabzut

Post by Zibzabzut »

I didn't know he made a cameo in that movie. I may have to check it out! Plus Simon Pegg kind of rocks so there's that aspect too 8)