News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

tampa

Pierce's loss

Post by tampa »

Just a note of sympathy for Pierce Brosnan's terrible loss. His step daughter whom he adopted when she was very young just died of Ovarian Cancel, the same cancer that killed his 1st wife and her mother. I'm not sure of his wife's mother's age, but both his wife and daughter were young. Pierce always struck me as a classy, decent guy and I just feel great sympathy for him. To go through this twice with his wife and now his daughter is just horrible.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

My thoughts and prayers go out to Pierce Brosnan and his family at this sad time.
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

very sad to hear that, I know the children were all very young when he adopted them, nursery age, so very very sad.
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

I enjoyed seeing the pics of Daniel at the Lions game on Twitter. Here are some pics from the Daily Mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... -Test.html
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

cassandra wrote:I enjoyed seeing the pics of Daniel at the Lions game on Twitter. Here are some pics from the Daily Mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... -Test.html
He loos SO good!! Lucky Rachel!
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Yeah........ those are lovely... thanks Cassandra! :D

This may be old news that everyone has read before but I thought it was worth posting for anyone who missed it (like me). Anyway, it's never usually me who can find a 'newsworthy' story about Daniel. It's about the Range Rover launch he took part in a couple of months ago.

Daniel Craig has just navigated four blocks of Midtown, Manhattan - sealed off on the edge of rush hour thanks to Mayor Michael Bloomberg himself - and deposited the brand-new Range Rover Sport in front of an A-list audience. With a budget rumoured to be around £3m, Land Rover decided to go large on the world debut of its new car which, with a nod to last summer's Olympian blockbuster, climaxed in a specially shot film with a 45-second live nailbiter starring 007 himself.

It's ballsy stuff from start to finish, not least because the bulk of the film has obviously been shot while the Sport was still top secret. Park Avenue Tunnel was closed for 24 hours for one sequence, Manhattan Bridge cleared for another.

On the evening of the big reveal, eleven cameras line the streets leading to the venue. There are three outside-broadcast trucks, a satellite uplink is feeding a live global web stream and at least one Land Rover executive is wondering if he'll be looking for a new job come tomorrow morning. But as Craig emerges from the dry ice and powers the Range Rover along 8th Avenue and into position, New York's in crowd whoops like a Justin Bieber fan-club convention. It's a sensational coup de théâtre.

Inside his trailer, barely half an hour later, Craig is nursing a tumbler of Scotch, eyes glinting as he reruns it in his head. "It was a bit bizarre, but a lot of fun," he tells me. "They said, 'OK, five minutes, Daniel.' And it dawned on me that I was doing this live. Normally if I'm doing something like this and I make a mistake or crash, someone shouts 'Cut!' and we can do it all over again. Not today, though."

Having walked the route earlier, there was some scope for a momentary brain fade and last-gasp wrong turn... "Actually, the only thing I really wanted to do was stick my foot down," he laughs. "The Sport really goes. I had someone on a walkie-talkie trying to get messages to me, and they're saying, '30mph.' And I'm thinking, 'Oh, come on!' And there's a bike over there with a camera on it, and a Steadicam on the other side, so I obviously can't ruin the shot..."

Craig, it turns out, is well briefed on the brand, in particular the new Sport's vastly lighter aluminium chassis, though we stop short of discussing its improved torsional rigidity. He also likes its Evoque styling cues and, despite having a 1959 Series II Land Rover back in England, approves of the newly lavish interior tailoring. But there's also a personal connection.

"I like the cars. They're particularly British and Land Rover has been very generous with the Bond movies, especially the ones I've been in. But the real kicker came a few years ago when they asked me to be involved and I had no time because I was prepping a movie. Anyway, I said, 'Look, if you're feeling generous you could give my mate a Defender, because he really needs a car.' And they did. That really warmed me to them. Then they told me about this car, that it was being launched in New York, and did I want to be involved? I said yes, but only if you give my mate another Defender... So on an emotional level, it's been good."

The mate in question is Nick Reding, a former actor who stunned his LA agent when he turned down a major acting job in favour of moving to Kenya to help set up an Aids clinic with a doctor friend. Since then, his organisation, Safe (Sponsored Arts For Education), has used theatre to spread the safe-sex message in Mombasa, Nairobi and among the Maasai community. "We can't work without being mobile," Reding says, "because we go to places no one else travels to. Having a Defender has been a genuine life-saver on many occasions."

"Nick is one of the bravest people I know," Craig adds. "If he says he's going to do something, he does it. Nothing ever surprises me. So now I just help in any way I can."

Which brings us back to tonight's spectacular. Did it ever occur to him that it might actually be a bit too spectacular for its own good? "No! I make movies and this is what we do all the time. Close down a city centre," Craig laughs. "I know what the deal is in New York, because New Yorkers won't stop for anything. So even though the guys didn't shut those four blocks until about 30 seconds before we went live, I was a bit concerned that someone might - quite rightly - think, 'F*** this!' and jump over the barrier. And I had to drive through smoke at the beginning, so I was literally in the dark. But it worked out. And I think it's added up to a pretty good bit of showbiz."

We have 30 seconds left. One last question. The man who was taught to drive by the longest-serving Top Gear Stig - Ben Collins - has demonstrated some serious prowess behind the wheel. So what's his favourite movie car chase? Craig doesn't miss a beat.

"Oh, the film to watch is Bullitt," he says. "That's the benchmark. Because McQueen was driving, he's spinning the wheel and the camera is right there... he's the guy really doing it. It doesn't get much better than that, except perhaps the chase in The French Connection."

The climax of The Bourne Supremacy was pretty cool, don't you think? Those famous blue eyes narrow. "Bourne? Bourne? Come on, we don't talk about that guy..."
khenton

Post by khenton »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... ds-newsxml

At work. This link is on my phone. But there are pics of our hero at the football game down under. Forgot my password. For photo whatever :wink: k

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... ds-newsxml
Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Just wonderful. Thanks Ladies for posting. Now we only have to wake up the rest of our crew here to see them. IT is alive :twisted:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Daniel_Craig wrote:Yeah! A livesign!! :twisted: :D
No joke! But it's all worth it to me to see his hair grown like it has :lol: .
khenton

Post by khenton »

khenton

Post by khenton »

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Thank you, K! He's absolutely adorable.
caramel

Post by caramel »

He looks lush. Looks like R,R & R has done him a lot of good!
His hair is pretty long :shock: It looks a lot longer than the Betrayal workshop pics that we got a week or so back?