News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

bumblebee wrote:
Dunda wrote:
JEC57 wrote:Kate Winslet and Sam Mendes split up.....

http://www.livingtv.co.uk/celebrity/kat ... -split.php
:shock: :shock:

that means no Kate as Moneypenny, even if Sam gets the job! :twisted: :twisted:
Wowza, that was a shock. Mind you, she has been walking the red carpet alone this season. Kate isn't fairing well in the marriage stakes. Wish them both the best (and Bond for Mendes ) :wink:
I know, I was shocked too when I read this :shock:
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Miss-Meow wrote:
bumblebee wrote:
Dunda wrote: :shock: :shock:

Wowza, that was a shock. Mind you, she has been walking the red carpet alone this season. Kate isn't fairing well in the marriage stakes. Wish them both the best (and Bond for Mendes ) :wink:
I can't get over it, don't know why. Perhaps because they always seemed settled and discreet about their personal lives. I watched The Reader and a bit of Revolutionary Road last night. Spooky :?
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

The Reader was on TV the other night, I saw it at the movies and wathced it again. It is a powerful movie. I can't watch Reveluationary Road, to close to home for me. I just can't watch movies about a bad marriage.
I was sadden to hear their news, sorry to hear of any marriage ending.
Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

Miss-Meow wrote:
bumblebee wrote:
Dunda wrote: :shock: :shock:

I couldn't belive my eyes and ears :shock:!
trueblue

Post by trueblue »

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Nice interview! :D H's really down to earth.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I remember him standing up for Jamie and using his star power to get him a rest and training after 10 hours in the cold forest for Bond - but reading those snippets always remind me, why I am still here. Its not the looks, the bod, the sexappeal - its those quiet qualities he has - just doing it and best not speak about it - becaue for him, its just normal to act that way. That´s what I love about him and he has proven those qualities over and over..
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

PAMELA BRAMMER

News titbits

Post by PAMELA BRAMMER »

Jamie Bell is NOT a geordie. Geordies are people who come from Newcastle upon Tyne. Jamie was born in Billingham in Teesside (which is about 40 miles south of Newcastle).

I live in Stockton-on-Tees (mentioned in the article) and I too have been in the Town Hall and we do have the widest High Street in England and I actually did see Jamie Bell in WH Smith in Stockton High Street not long after he made Billy Elliott.

Nice article though.

Pamx :D
Never regret anything that makes you smile!
bubita

Post by bubita »

Germangirl wrote:I remember him standing up for Jamie and using his star power to get him a rest and training after 10 hours in the cold forest for Bond - but reading those snippets always remind me, why I am still here. Its not the looks, the bod, the sexappeal - its those quiet qualities he has - just doing it and best not speak about it - becaue for him, its just normal to act that way. That´s what I love about him and he has proven those qualities over and over..
Same thoughts :D
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Germangirl wrote:I remember him standing up for Jamie and using his star power to get him a rest and training after 10 hours in the cold forest for Bond - but reading those snippets always remind me, why I am still here. Its not the looks, the bod, the sexappeal - its those quiet qualities he has - just doing it and best not speak about it - becaue for him, its just normal to act that way. That´s what I love about him and he has proven those qualities over and over..

:stick_iagree:

It's the "golden threads" that hold him all together. He's gorgeous and talented beyond belief, but he's also such a nice man with a beautiful heart and soul and a keen sense of justice. Without these golden threads he would be just a "pin up".
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Do you remember some time ago, Daniel's name possibly attached to future projects, La Bonne Annee remake and The Death of Bunny Munro, both movies to be directed by John Hillcoat...well here's an interview with John Hillcoat from November last year in which he states that The Death of Bunny Munro is liklely to be made ifor tv and that La Bonne Annee was never on the cards.

http://www.atomicpopcorn.net/exclusive- ... the-world/
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

JEC57 wrote:

It's the "golden threads" that hold him all together. He's gorgeous and talented beyond belief, but he's also such a nice man with a beautiful heart and soul and a keen sense of justice. Without these golden threads he would be just a "pin up".
Yeah ... I agree wholeheartedly...

Is it any wonder that we all love him to bits??? :lol: But I also think he needs to know how special he is. I imagine he would just give you an odd look and say something self-deprecating like "Hey - that's just me!" :roll:

:D
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.charitybuzz.com/auctions/wor ... alog_items

i see you can meet rachel weisz too.

daniels bid is at $2500.00 now.
ImageImage
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

NextBondGirl wrote:
JEC57 wrote:

Yeah ... I agree wholeheartedly...

Is it any wonder that we all love him to bits??? :lol: But I also think he needs to know how special he is. I imagine he would just give you an odd look and say something self-deprecating like "Hey - that's just me!" :roll:

:D
That´s the point - for him it is normal and I am sure, he really doesn´t think its special - also interesting to read, how he is the leader, even though we know he always steps back. But he has that quiet authority that threatens nobody, because he is not asking for it and would always take action, would do whatever is necessary to improve a bad situation. When he questioned himself, how he would act in a situation like Tuvia is in - I do think, he would be just fine.

..and no, I am not giving him a gloriole - he has his flaws but above really is his strength. :wink:

BTW - it seems, these characteristics are not a matter of age. I see many similarities in my son, who is 24 only. He - like Daniel has very little ego, which makes him the perfect team player - a person, who is liked by his peers and his collegues but he, like Daniel, often finds himself chosen leader, because people feel comfortable with him in that role. He doesn´t NEED to be that to be happy, therefore he doesn´t take anything away from others.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.3news.co.nz/Robert-Pattinson ... eID=146986

Robert Pattinson is keen to leave his fans shaken and stirred - he wants to play James Bond.

The Twilight hunk is a huge fan of the 007 franchise, and is eyeing a possible takeover from current superspy Daniel Craig.

But Pattinson admits he may struggle in certain areas of Bond's all-action job.

He says, "Maybe in a few years... (But) I'm not very good at running."

:roll:
ImageImage