News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

European Filmmakers Call for Action in Refugee Crisis

Some 3,000 European film professionals have signed a pro-asylum petition, including Daniel Craig, Lea Seydoux and Oscar-winning directors Michael Haneke and Susanne Bier.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bubita

Post by bubita »

Well done Daniel!!!! :clapclap:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Did this shadowy pro-Bernie Sanders super PAC just dupe James Bond?

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2 ... -bond.html
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

It's not easy to be good :wink:

But I think you can never be 100% sure the money gets there where it's needed.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Hm, bot sure I understand all of this.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

New edition of GQ came out today...
Not Daniel on the cover but Christoph Waltz...
Disappointed... even though I like CW...
:brood:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Question: IMO Daniel has his US citizenship. Is that right?

Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

SmittenDramaKitten wrote:New edition of GQ came out today...
Is this the UK or US version? Does CW mention anything about 'Spectre' in it?
agrippina

Post by agrippina »

Germangirl wrote:Question: IMO Daniel has his US citizenship. Is that right?
He has a green card as far as I know. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permanent ... _States%29 Which is not the same as citizenship. If I understood correctly, he is probably still not eligible to apply for citizenship due to the 5-year waiting period after receiving the green card.

Grip
SmittenDramaKitten

Red-Snow wrote:
SmittenDramaKitten wrote:New edition of GQ came out today...
Is this the UK or US version? Does CW mention anything about 'Spectre' in it?
UK version..... I couldn't actually open the magazine to check because it is 'plasticated' (in a sealed plastic wallet).... But if Daniel is not on the cover, I am assuming no interview or pics either. :dunno:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

agrippina wrote:
He has a green card as far as I know. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permanent ... _States%29 Which is not the same as citizenship. If I understood correctly, he is probably still not eligible to apply for citizenship due to the 5-year waiting period after receiving the green card.

Grip
Thanks, yes guess, that is what I remembered. His ambassador status might add to that though.

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Germangirl wrote:
agrippina wrote:

Grip
Thanks, yes guess, that is what I remembered. His ambassador status might add to that though.
Grip is right; he's not eligible. I wonder if he's interested? He doesn't have to deal with Passport Control lines (I don't think), so I wonder what the benefit would be? I understand Rachel's because of Henry. You get to vote (big whoop), but you also get called in for jury duty (he'd be excused because he'd be a distraction.) I wonder if there are any tax benefits? Bee, what do you think?
calypso

Post by calypso »

Si more on it
Did scammers steal 007's £30K gift to Hillary rival? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... rival.html
ImageImage
SmittenDramaKitten

Just a bit more on the GQ question.... I saw the UK version again today and they have a variety of different covers - Christoph, Paul Rudd, Sam Smith - as they have done a "Man of the Year" feature. I have seen inside said mag and is Daniel mentioned in any great detail or considered for such a title? He is not. Just don't get these stupid magazines sometimes. :? :? :? Maybe more features will come out between now and Spectre release.... I hope so....:)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »