News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Zibzabzut

Post by Zibzabzut »

Interesting GG, it'll be fun to see how everything turns out in the end/if he plays then more than one character.

And on the news front those who are iTunes fans can pre-order Quantum of Solace for their iPods via the store. They also have been adding past films/soundtracks/audio books for all the Bond fans out there 8)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Finally the truth about I, Lucifer? :shock:

Literary price has to be right, says top novelist
10:30am Tuesday 3rd March 2009
By Kat Dibbits »

ccording to the Internet Movie Database, usually a fairly reliable source, I Lucifer is slated for release in 2010, starring none other than Daniel Craig and Ewan McGregor.
Sadly, the truth is somewhat removed from the rumour.
“I’m afraid that’s nothing but a rumour,” Glen laughs.
“I mean, it’s a rumour that had a little bit of kindling behind it in that the book has been optioned for a film, it’s in development and at one point Mr Craig was contacted and was interested, but I don’t think that’s true at the moment
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/416 ... _novelist/

The german Widescreen even has Defiance on the cover and can be bought now.

WIDESCREEN Vision - Ausgabe 04/2009: Ab sofort im Handel!
Ab sofort finden Sie im Handel die neueste Ausgabe der WIDESCREEN Vision. In Heft 04/2009 warten wir unter anderem mit dem großen Kinothema Defiance auf, das 007-Star Daniel Craig als jüdischen Widerstandskämpfer in den Zweiten Weltkrieg führt.

In den DVD-Tests hat Craig ebenfalls die Hauptrolle übernommen, denn wir haben sein aktuelles Action-Highlight James Bond 007 - Ein Quantum Trost auf Herz und Nieren geprüft. Des Weiteren lagen die kommenden Blockbuster Max Payne, Ananas Express, Der Baader-Meinhof-Komplex, Burn After Reading, Krabat und viele weitere DVD-Starts im Testlabor bereit.

WIDESCREEN Vision - Ausgabe 04/2009 - jetzt im Zeitschriftenhandel.

http://www.widescreen-vision.de/aid,677 ... im-Handel/
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Have read in a german mag, that he is scheduled to appear at the Laurence Olivier Awards on sunday the 8th - how true that is, I don´t know, but worth having an eye on, I think...

http://www.solt.co.uk/awards.html
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Thelma

Post by Thelma »

Germangirl wrote:Have read in a german mag, that he is scheduled to appear at the Laurence Olivier Awards on sunday the 8th - how true that is, I don´t know, but worth having an eye on, I think...

http://www.solt.co.uk/awards.html
It would be great...I already miss him :lol:
advicky

Post by advicky »

Daniel and Sienna to present award

Daniel Craig and Sienna Miller are among the stars who will present young film-makers with the First Light Movies Awards.
The ceremony, which honours younger members of the profession - many from disadvantaged or minority backgrounds, will be hosted by T4 presenters Miquita Oliver and Rick Edwards and will boast several celebrity attendees.

Also set to present awards are Spooks star Rupert Penry-Jones, Infamous actor Toby Jones and Skins bad girl Kaya Scodelario.

Each of the eight categories including Best Drama, Best Horror, Best Thriller and Best Screenplay have been judged by celebrities such as Skins star Nicholas Hoult, Kate Beckinsale, Orlando Bloom and James Franco.

Host Miquita said: "Presenting this year's Activision First Light Movies Awards with Rick should be a lot of fun, the nominated films are all fantastic and the awards will be a great day for everyone."

Fellow presenter Rick is far more practical: "These young people are the same people who are going to be making the films that we're all gonna be queuing up for at the local multiplex in 10 years time. So of course I'm wholeheartedly behind the whole thing. I'm thinking long term - if I play my cards right I might get some free tickets."

http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/article.htm ... _a_source=
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

So they have the guts to put them together again :lol: If we are really lucky, we might have him presenting twice in a row...fingers crossed

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

For the Germans - have look into the DVD mag, that has Bond on the cover - inside there is a very good 4 pages review of the DVD and the film with more understanding for Forsters vision than I ever read or can share, but nevertheles - good reading..

Defiance is getting good coverage her - lets see, if it helps the film 1 months from now...

Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I saw Sienna on Leno last night . As much as I want to dislike her, and for the most part I haven't been impressed with her acting despite all the decent roles she has been given ( I feel the same about Beounce ) . She is very beguileing to listen to . She was promoting the movie she made about Dylan Thomas . TV Guide mentiond she was dating Mathew Rys from Brother's and Sisters when she met Gettys . Now I understand his
( Gettys ) being fired more .
Birte

Post by Birte »

Heike Makatsch is all over the press in Germany recently, because she's starring in a new movie about famous German singer/actor Hildegard Knef. In the magazine *Brigitte* they mention her relationship with Daniel several times. I try to sum it up.

Makatsch doesn't talk about private things. Differently from Knef, who was all over the press with every separation, we still don't know why her relationship with Bond-Actor Daniel Craig ended after seven years. There were the news and since then not a word.
[...]
Makatsch knows the ups and downs. When the 37-year-old lived in London, she had to eke out a housewive-existence and often felt faceless. During discussions she offended as a German. And Craig complained when she had a liver sausage sandwich (Leberwurststulle) for breakfast, she told then. It wasn't easy, but Makatsch resigned for love to push her career in Germany.
Guinness

Post by Guinness »

Birte wrote:Heike Makatsch is all over the press in Germany recently, because she's starring in a new movie about famous German singer/actor Hildegard Knef. In the magazine *Brigitte* they mention her relationship with Daniel several times. I try to sum it up.

Makatsch doesn't talk about private things. Differently from Knef, who was all over the press with every separation, we still don't know why her relationship with Bond-Actor Daniel Craig ended after seven years. There were the news and since then not a word.
[...]
Makatsch knows the ups and downs. When the 37-year-old lived in London, she had to eke out a housewive-existence and often felt faceless. During discussions she offended as a German. And Craig complained when she had a liver sausage sandwich (Leberwurststulle) for breakfast, she told then. It wasn't easy, but Makatsch resigned for love to push her career in Germany.
okay. did you just write that Heike was offended by what DC said to her about a "German" sausage????? that isnt good. please elaborate, translation correct?
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Guinness wrote:
Birte wrote:Heike Makatsch is all over the press in Germany recently, because she's starring in a new movie about famous German singer/actor Hildegard Knef. In the magazine *Brigitte* they mention her relationship with Daniel several times. I try to sum it up.

[...]
okay. did you just write that Heike was offended by what DC said to her about a "German" sausage????? that isnt good. please elaborate, translation correct?
I don´t read it, as if she was offended by him complaining about her sandwich but rather maybe in discussions in generell..Thank you, Birte for translating.. :D

Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

To me it looks like HE complained about her having Leberwurststulle for breakfast :shock: :?
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Anglophile wrote:To me it looks like HE complained about her having Leberwurststulle for breakfast :shock: :?
Yes :lol: "What the f*** is that, darlin? :roll: That smells and looks sorta *shakes head* Yuk"

Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Germangirl wrote:
Anglophile wrote:To me it looks like HE complained about her having Leberwurststulle for breakfast :shock: :?
Yes :lol: "What the f*** is that, darlin? :roll: That smells and looks sorta *shakes head* Yuk"
Yeah - and that from someone who has marmite for breakfast! :twisted:

Mmmmmh, Leberwurst...
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Anglophile wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
Yeah - and that from someone who has marmite for breakfast! :twisted:
MEN :roll: