Quantum of Solace

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda wrote:as announced by GG, the german one:

http://unterhaltung.de.msn.com/qos-trailer.aspx
I like the voices, some are very similar aside from Dominic Greene IMO - too light for my liking.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Germangirl wrote:

I like the voices, some are very similar aside from Dominic Greene IMO - too light for my liking.
Curious, if English is not your first language, do you prefer to listen to English language films in English and avoid the dubbed versions? Second -how does the dubbing come across, does it capture the actor's original intonation, interpretation, etc.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

bumblebee wrote:
Germangirl wrote:

Curious, if English is not your first language, do you prefer to listen to English language films in English and avoid the dubbed versions? Second -how does the dubbing come across, does it capture the actor's original intonation, interpretation, etc.

I prefer watching the subtitled English versions. they try to capture the original intonation etc. when they're dubbing a film, but it doesn't always work, especially if there word-plays, collocations or ironic phrases in the original version...I can just dig into the atmosphere of a film much better in the OV
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

bumblebee wrote:
Germangirl wrote:

That depends on the actor who's in :twisted: :lol: :lol:

Before DC I've watched almost solely dubbed versions.
My english isn't that good, that I'm able to follow a complicated plot....
But then DC got me and everything changed.....
I love his voice and I watch DC-movies only in the original version and appreciate english subs, like in Ice-House, just perfect.
And after I have watched 10 times I don't need the subs any longer :lol: :lol:

But I have to admit that I like his german voice (Dietmar Wunder). But CR was the first movie dubbed by Dietmar and he's doing very well.
In some other movies his german voice is awful....

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
tigerheart

Post by tigerheart »

8) Oh wow...this is one hell of a trailer!!!

Love the 'Bond, move your ass' line and Camille stroking his face, very like Vesper in CR...

Interesting comment, Dunda re: what language you prefer to hear the film in. I would always rather go see a non-English language film with the sound in the original language, with subs - just seems to work better that way.

th
Dreaming as always...

Do you want the truth...or something beautiful?
007Mania

Post by 007Mania »

"Move your ass, James!" :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: What a line :lol:

And with the language... I only watched the german version to get the few dialogs correct :lol:
Oh, Mr. Bond!
Image Image

"Nur du und ich... und 400 Papageien."
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

007Mania wrote:Image

And with the language... I only watched the german version to get the few dialogs correct :lol:
Who says this, must be Camille?
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

bumblebee wrote:
007Mania wrote:Image

Who says this, must be Camille?
Felix
Crazy!
Mimi_kitty

Post by Mimi_kitty »

The trailer looks stunning :shock: I like the idea with the photo of Vesper with her boyfriend ( I always hoped for it )

The only thing what disappoints me a bit is Dominics german voice.
They give french speaking persons always this stereotypical accent

If I have the chance I will see it in original
Cause you affect me ...

Fascinate me....
redluna

Post by redluna »

Tough guy Daniel Craig leaps into action in newly released Bond scenes

He’s known as the ultimate tough guy and Daniel Craig is clearly living up to his reputation if newly released scenes from the latest James Bond film are anything to go by.

The 40-year-old jumps across buildings, leaps from a boat and crashes from a balcony in a trailer for Quantum of Solace.

The actor also enjoys a steamy scene with co-star Gemma Arterton.
Craig recently revealed that he performed many of his own stunts under the guidance of stunt master Gary Powell.

He says: 'Gary's theory is, if you don't do it, you won't feel it. When you know how it feels to drive a boat one-handed you can re-create it.
'But it's important you also feel the vulnerability. It's like what Harrison Ford does so brilliantly. You're not sure he's going to get it right.'

And new Bond girl Olga Kurylenko also got in on the dramatic action scenes.

The 28-year-old says: 'Little by little, you get more confident. By the end, I was loving it. They had to pull me away.'

The 22nd Bond movie, which is currently in post-production, was plagued with accidents during filming.

In June, Craig sliced the top of one of his fingers off while on set.

There was also a fire at one of the sets, a car crash that seriously injured a stunt driver, and another accident involving an Aston Martin skidding off the road into Lake Garda.

The on screen action didn't interest Arterton, who landed the role as MI6 operative Agent Fields in the new movie, quite as much as her steamy love scenes.

She says: 'I was in a bit of a dream, a daze, when I filmed my love scene with Bond.

'I felt like a giggly girl because he’s such a man. Daniel is the sexiest Bond ever.'

Quantum of Solace is out on October 31.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... cenes.html
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

The trailer is getting some decent broadsheet newspaper coverage in the UK, here is the Daily Telegraph's: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jh ... ond110.xml

Don't often see a movie trailer get so much coverage in the press. Sweet.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I was glued to the National Movie Awards last night to get a glimpse of the new QOS trailer... All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :shock: 8) :lol: :twisted: If we thought the first sixty second trailer was awesome, then this one totally blows you away!!! Very clever the way they edited it quite fast so it doesn't really give too much away! I am quite certain that QOS might just top CR in terms of action scenes!

I was a bit cross with myself though, because I neglected to tape the trailer! For at least an hour after seeing it first, I was bouncing around my flat in a state of excitement AND impatience. I didn't really know WHAT to do with myself because October 31st really can't come soon enough now!!

Is there a link to the new trailer that I can save? In order to download it over and over and over again... Maybe another thread??
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

NextBondGirl wrote:Is there a link to the new trailer that I can save? In order to download it over and over and over again... Maybe another thread??

look here: http://www.dedicatedtodaniel.com/forum/ ... start=1312

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Dunda wrote:
NextBondGirl wrote:Is there a link to the new trailer that I can save? In order to download it over and over and over again... Maybe another thread??

look here: http://www.dedicatedtodaniel.com/forum/ ... start=1312
THANKS DUNDA! :D
agrippina

Post by agrippina »

I love the cello bits in the soundtrack - so menacing and dark, hope David Arnold uses that in the actual film... Both Telegraph and Times commenting on release of a trailer, my my :wink:

Grip