Quantum of Solace

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

advicky
Posts: 1738
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:37 pm

Post by advicky » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:57 pm

New 007 holdover Quantum of Solace from MGM/Sony was No. 4 and earned from 3,458 runs a 3-day weekend of $19.5M and for the 5-day holiday $28.1M. Its three-week North American cume is $142M, pacing well ahead of Daniel Craig's first Bond actioner Casino Royale, which ended its 3-week run with close to $116M. Overseas, Quantum of Solace has sold a total of $340.1M in tickets, so its worldwide total to date is just over $482M.

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/

User avatar
Lu
Posts: 3415
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:31 am

Post by Lu » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:38 pm

advicky wrote:New 007 holdover Quantum of Solace from MGM/Sony was No. 4 and earned from 3,458 runs a 3-day weekend of $19.5M and for the 5-day holiday $28.1M. Its three-week North American cume is $142M, pacing well ahead of Daniel Craig's first Bond actioner Casino Royale, which ended its 3-week run with close to $116M. Overseas, Quantum of Solace has sold a total of $340.1M in tickets, so its worldwide total to date is just over $482M.
http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/
that is crazy insane...I lay it all in Daniel's lap. Wow, I can't believe producers aren't clamoring to cast him in EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!! He has really breathed life into Bond, that's for sure.
My books!
Image

Image

User avatar
sharmaine
Posts: 5496
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 5:28 am
Location: Lotusland, Canada

Post by sharmaine » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:44 pm

totally agree Lu....I would say that his first outing helped a great deal to make this second outing the success that it is fast becoming even though the film is so very different than the first. People are paying to see HIM - most definitely. :wink:

I also don't recall if Casino Royale had the same hype as this one did - does anyone remember?
Image

Image

Germangirl
Moderator
Posts: 46436
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Germangirl » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:53 pm

sharmaine wrote:totally agree Lu....I would say that his first outing helped a great deal to make this second outing the success that it is fast becoming even though the film is so very different than the first. People are paying to see HIM - most definitely. :wink:

I also don't recall if Casino Royale had the same hype as this one did - does anyone remember?
It had a vey different hype, I would think - a mix of good and bad and probably many people were still unsure whether to spend any money on the Blond Bond.
As Sharmaine says, what happens here is a huge compliment for Daniel, because he IS the film and people are lining up to see, what he did with the part this time.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Image

advicky
Posts: 1738
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:37 pm

Post by advicky » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:57 pm

Lu wrote:
advicky wrote:New 007 holdover Quantum of Solace from MGM/Sony was No. 4 and earned from 3,458 runs a 3-day weekend of $19.5M and for the 5-day holiday $28.1M. Its three-week North American cume is $142M, pacing well ahead of Daniel Craig's first Bond actioner Casino Royale, which ended its 3-week run with close to $116M. Overseas, Quantum of Solace has sold a total of $340.1M in tickets, so its worldwide total to date is just over $482M.
http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/
that is crazy insane...I lay it all in Daniel's lap. Wow, I can't believe producers aren't clamoring to cast him in EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!! He has really breathed life into Bond, that's for sure.
Does anybody know how much his share from this huge money?

User avatar
Dunda
Administrator
Posts: 21946
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:08 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Dunda » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:00 pm

advicky wrote:
Lu wrote:
advicky wrote:New 007 holdover Quantum of Solace from MGM/Sony was No. 4 and earned from 3,458 runs a 3-day weekend of $19.5M and for the 5-day holiday $28.1M. Its three-week North American cume is $142M, pacing well ahead of Daniel Craig's first Bond actioner Casino Royale, which ended its 3-week run with close to $116M. Overseas, Quantum of Solace has sold a total of $340.1M in tickets, so its worldwide total to date is just over $482M.
http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/
that is crazy insane...I lay it all in Daniel's lap. Wow, I can't believe producers aren't clamoring to cast him in EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!! He has really breathed life into Bond, that's for sure.
Does anybody know how much his share from this huge money?
I suppose only he knows! :lol: And that's a good thing!
Image

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com

User avatar
calypso
Posts: 17284
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:55 pm
Location: Knitting willy warmers for Daniel's pickle!

Post by calypso » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:14 pm

he get share of this? it thought he get flat salary for film but maybe he get a bonus like CR time?

rich man no? :wink:

he get shares from mercchandise too? i not think this time..

Germangirl
Moderator
Posts: 46436
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Germangirl » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:23 pm

In one of the recent intrerviews, he clearly said, he doesn´t get a share but a very good fee.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Image

User avatar
calypso
Posts: 17284
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:55 pm
Location: Knitting willy warmers for Daniel's pickle!

Post by calypso » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:30 pm

yes i thought right..he get flat slary which is big enough 8)

i think by third film he might get bottom end? 2%..i say that right yes?

Germangirl
Moderator
Posts: 46436
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Germangirl » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:14 am

James Bond Tops International Box Office For Fifth Straight Weekend

'Quantum of Solace' total gross standing at $482 million
Written by Devin Zydel on 30 Nov, 2008
Another weekend and yet another victory for Daniel Craig’s Quantum of Solace.
For the fifth time in a row, James Bond topped the international box office, pulling in $20.1 million at 8,755 playdates in 73 markets. According to Variety, Quantum of Solace joins Mamma Mia! (which starred former 007 Pierce Brosnan) as the only two films of the year to win five international weekends.
The box office victory for Bond was easy once again, despite a 50% drop due to new competition and only one new debut around the world (a 27 November opening in New Zealand). To date, the 22nd Bond entry has grossed $340.1 million internationally with its worldwide total (US included) standing at $482 million.
Quantum slid 64% to $2.8 million in its second frame in Australia, taking silver medal thanks to the solid $5 million launch of Baz Luhrmann’s aptly-titled Australia.
The film also came in second in the UK, falling 47% in its fifth weekend to $2.4 million, bringing the cumulative total to a strong $75.5 million. The holiday opener Four Christmases came in first with $3.5 million.
In the US, Quantum took fourth place over the weekend, sliding $27% to a estimated $19.5 million. The film’s cumulative total stands at $142 million, bringing it closer and closer to the series’ record of $167 million set by Casino Royale
Other notable numbers for 007 included a $2.3 million take in its fourth German frame for a cumulative total of $35.3 million and $2.1 million in its second Spanish weekend.
http://commanderbond.net/article/5854
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Image

SmittenDramaKitten
Posts: 9941
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:29 am

Post by SmittenDramaKitten » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:07 pm

Germangirl wrote:
sharmaine wrote:totally agree Lu....I would say that his first outing helped a great deal to make this second outing the success that it is fast becoming even though the film is so very different than the first. People are paying to see HIM - most definitely. :wink:

I also don't recall if Casino Royale had the same hype as this one did - does anyone remember?
It had a vey different hype, I would think - a mix of good and bad and probably many people were still unsure whether to spend any money on the Blond Bond.
As Sharmaine says, what happens here is a huge compliment for Daniel, because he IS the film and people are lining up to see, what he did with the part this time.
It pleases me to think that QOS is going to trump CR. :D I think the movie deserves to be as successful if not more so as everyone worked on it so hard. Also, I want only success and happiness for my lovely Daniel. What gets me is, if people are going to see this movie to see Daniel, then WHERE was everyone (in the UK at least), when FOAF came out?????!!! :? :roll: Daniel has made Bond his own BUT he is an extremely versatile actor who can turn his hand to any role pretty successfully. I know I'm biased on my opinions of DC but the only other actor to match him is Johnny Depp. Maybe it was the publicity for FOAF which was lacking, or the issue of it not being a good movie? Also an unfounded critiscism in my opinion. I suppose the "proof of the pudding" will be when Defiance opens. Daniel is headlining that. It'll be interesting to see if that creates a wide audience. If you need any proof of DC's talent, note that he changes his accent for Defiance, whereas Tom Cruise retains an American accent when playing a German Officer in Valkrie. Can Mr Cruise not do accents??!! :shock:

I'll say it 'til I'm blue in the face ... Daniel is more than James Bond! :wink:

Jocelyn919
Posts: 289
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:44 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Post by Jocelyn919 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:30 pm

When I first watched Quantum I was iffy on the storyline...but after I watched it a second time I was quite impressed as to the story that they were tryin to get across to us...

:D very well done by Daniel....awaitin the next bond LOL

User avatar
Laredo
Posts: 6859
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:18 pm
Location: FL . have broadband now YEAh !

Post by Laredo » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:19 am

Cruise's lack of accent bugs me too like when Costner did Robin Hood .
Image

User avatar
Lu
Posts: 3415
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:31 am

Post by Lu » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:43 am

Jocelyn919 wrote:When I first watched Quantum I was iffy on the storyline...but after I watched it a second time I was quite impressed as to the story that they were tryin to get across to us...

:D very well done by Daniel....awaitin the next bond LOL
jocelyn...I just have to say...your avatar...the drool...THUD...
My books!
Image

Image

User avatar
Elvenstar
Posts: 999
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:31 am
Location: USSR

Post by Elvenstar » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:41 am

NextBondGirl wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
sharmaine wrote:totally agree Lu....I would say that his first outing helped a great deal to make this second outing the success that it is fast becoming even though the film is so very different than the first. People are paying to see HIM - most definitely. :wink:

I also don't recall if Casino Royale had the same hype as this one did - does anyone remember?
It had a vey different hype, I would think - a mix of good and bad and probably many people were still unsure whether to spend any money on the Blond Bond.
As Sharmaine says, what happens here is a huge compliment for Daniel, because he IS the film and people are lining up to see, what he did with the part this time.
It pleases me to think that QOS is going to trump CR. :D I think the movie deserves to be as successful if not more so as everyone worked on it so hard. Also, I want only success and happiness for my lovely Daniel. What gets me is, if people are going to see this movie to see Daniel, then WHERE was everyone (in the UK at least), when FOAF came out?????!!! :? :roll: Daniel has made Bond his own BUT he is an extremely versatile actor who can turn his hand to any role pretty successfully. I know I'm biased on my opinions of DC but the only other actor to match him is Johnny Depp. Maybe it was the publicity for FOAF which was lacking, or the issue of it not being a good movie? Also an unfounded critiscism in my opinion. I suppose the "proof of the pudding" will be when Defiance opens. Daniel is headlining that. It'll be interesting to see if that creates a wide audience. If you need any proof of DC's talent, note that he changes his accent for Defiance, whereas Tom Cruise retains an American accent when playing a German Officer in Valkrie. Can Mr Cruise not do accents??!! :shock:

I'll say it 'til I'm blue in the face ... Daniel is more than James Bond! :wink:
You're quite right he's more than JB but a lot of people still don't accept him lets face it. But JB is a brand so people continue to lineup to see Bond.
I don't think Defiance will be a hit movie but from what I heard most of the public will love it. Maybe Dan will and already having the trouble of being associated with Bond but Im curious to know what projects he will choose to change his image...
Image

Post Reply