Quantum of Solace

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

JEC57 wrote:"Bond would make a terrible boyfriend"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive ... l-man.html
Oh Olga...don't tease us this way.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Second and third to Twilight

Amazon sales chart:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/dv ... _dp_ts_d_1
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

chocolatecake

Post by chocolatecake »

JEC57 wrote:"Bond would make a terrible boyfriend"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive ... l-man.html
It's funny that they say Olga has an impish quality. I thought that of her and Eva. Even when I look at Sats and Esp Heike I would always call them a woodland imp/sprite. I think maybe that is his weakness when it comes to women. Here's to wishing I wasn't an amazon :cry:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

:lol: :lol: :lol: chocolate - way funny your avatar

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/dv ... d_ts_d_nav

from CBN
QoS came out here in australia on Wednesday, Twilight isnt out for another month. No chance of anything beating out QoS here for number one spot anytime. I went to the mall yesterday, and Bond is everywhere. Everywhere you look theres posters and standees for QoS and every shop has stands at the front with nothing but QoS DVDs and Blu Rays, and many of them were looking empty too.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Bond girl Olga Kurylenko hates bad breath

Quantum Of Solace - 23-03-09

Olga Kurylenko would date a short fat man - but not if he had bad breath. The 'Quantum of Solace' star insists she dates men because of their personality and pays no attention to their appearance, reports M&C.

She said: "Good looks aren't what I look for in a man. That's way down the list. If a man can make me laugh and stimulate me intellectually, then I wouldn't mind if he was 4ft 8ins with a huge belly. The only thing that would put me off is bad breath - but even that can be fixed. A bad personality isn't so easy to fix."

The 29-year-old actress adds money doesn't impress her, insisting she has such a low tolerance for alcohol man never have to spend much money when they take her out for a date anyway.

She said: "I'm the world's cheapest date. I don't drink alcohol too often, so I can get drunk on half a glass of champagne. Then I'll be dancing on top of the table."

Despite her insistence she would give most me a chance, there is one Olga would never dream of romancing - James Bond.

She told Britain's Mail on Sunday's Live magazine: "He would make a terrible boyfriend. He'd be a giant pain in the backside to go out with - his personality would drive me nuts after a few days. Bond is too dangerous and untrustworthy to get close to."

http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?ite ... mi6&s=news
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sundance

Post by sundance »

Germangirl wrote:2 spot in the US but 1 in UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/ ... _dp_ts_d_1
I just ordered my copy for the amazing price of £6.98!!!
Amazon is selling the two disc special edition cheap :lol:
I won't be surprised,if QoS breaks the DVD record in the UK :D
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Woo hoo here it comes:
Greetings from Amazon.com.

We thought you'd like to know that we shipped your items, and that this
completes your order.

You can track the status of this order, and all your orders, online by
visiting Your Account at ...

There you can:
* Track your shipment
* View the status of unshipped items
* Cancel unshipped items
* Return items
* And do much more

The following items have been shipped to you by Amazon.com:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty Item Price Shipped Subtotal

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Amazon.com items (Sold by Amazon.com, LLC):

1 Quantum of Solace (Special... $22.99 1 $22.99

Shipped via USPS
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bumblebee wrote:Woo hoo here it comes:
So when will it arrive?

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Germangirl wrote:
So when will it arrive?
Tomorrow or Wed. Amazon is pretty good.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bumblebee wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
So when will it arrive?
Tomorrow or Wed. Amazon is pretty good.
Yup, that´s pretty fair :wink: I like to look forward to sth that is just a bit away - not tooo long. This is perfect.

Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Available on DVD tomorrow here. If I order it online, I get it fairly cheep....
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

French actor Mathieu Amalric talks about his role as the villainous Dominic Greene in the 22nd James Bond film "Quantum of Solace"...

Mathieu Amalric Q+A
23rd March 2009

How do you think Quantum Of Solace is different from other Bond films?
This has to deal with feelings. James Bond is almost a broken heart in this film and he has the good and the bad that are almost struggling inside himself. Sometimes we were trying to forget that we were doing a Bond film.

What’s your take on Dominic Greene?
Marc Forster told me, “Your eyes are enough to be a villain.” So you try to find moments in your life where you’re a monster. And as there is in this film something about a relationship with a woman, that helped to find moments where you get crazy and that can explain then why you need power. You have to find intimate stuff, not just that I want to conquer. Power is not enough – it doesn’t help you to act. If you need the power, it’s because you have a problem.

How did you find Marc Forster as a director?
Marc’s always trying to grab things that you’re not conscious of, doing two takes in a row which is a technique to make the actor unaware of what he’s doing. He wants things to happen in the moment on set. He just wanted my face – no scars, no metal jaw, no white cat, no accessories, nothing. I just had my face. With Marc, you always work on the moment.

You said you tried to forget you were making a Bond film – how do you mean?
Sometimes it was nice to forget that it was a Bond film because it’s a way of avoiding clichés. If I know I’m the villain, I’m going to act like a villain so sometimes it’s better to not even think I’m a villain. And sometimes that’s what happens in our real life. We think we are nice guys and then one night your wife tells you that she never felt so alone and that you didn’t do this, you didn’t do that, you’re a bastard. And you didn’t even know it.

Did you see him as a lunatic?
There’s something missing in his mind – he’s crazy. I tried to bring something crazy and we feel this craziness at the end with the physical fight. It’s just wild. We tried to do something very savage. You try and search things that you’re not allowed to do in real life. I love to do those things. And with Daniel, we had to be very, very precise.

Were you worried about injuring Daniel, or him injuring you?
You have to abandon yourself completely. You can’t just take the piece of metal and slam with all your hate and stop just before. I had to hit him. So I had to see with Daniel, How much could I hit him? And he had to hit me too because you feel it. So that’s where there’s a big intimacy and respect for the other actor. It was very precise.

They don’t hold back, that’s for sure…
Usually there was something in the Bonds with James Bond and the villain usually have a sort of gentlemen relationship and they spend quite a lot of time together drinking tea. In this one, it’s not that at all because Bond has to find where is the danger coming from. And once he find that, he doesn’t even know what the guy’s looking for. We don’t have that many scenes together, we just hit, we just fight.

http://www.mi6.co.uk/sections/articles/ ... s&id=02206
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

`Quantum of Solace` ranks high in UK and USA sales charts upon release

Quantum Of Solace - 24-03-09

"Quantum of Solace", the latest James Bond movie to be released on DVD and Blu-Ray, has sailed to the top of the sales charts at online retailer Amazon in the UK and USA.

Daniel Craig's second outing as 007 ranked at the following positions on the day of release in the All Movies & TV charts:
Blu-Ray (USA) - #2
Single Disc DVD (USA) - #3
Special Edition DVD (USA) - #9
DVD (UK) - #1
Blu-Ray (UK) - #2

Read the rest of the article here:

http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?ite ... mi6&s=news
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

I saw an ad for QoS for only 8.90€ at Saturn, but it turned out that it's only available for this price in a store that opens today (no time to go there), would be more expensive in the nearby Saturn store :?