Quantum of Solace

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bumblebee wrote:Interested as to what the delay is is for Bond 23 - script development, the need to "get it right this time" (given Forster's "time pressure" comments), DC's availability...or just the need to stagger the films a bit more.
Michael Wilson has stated shortly after QOS was finished, that he wanted a years gap in between production. So - I think, it was never planned to release it any earlier than 2011. Maybe he even knew back then, that MGM would be facing serious problems and played it more save. I mean they are in the business long enough to see the signs and react properly. Just my guess...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Germangirl wrote:
bumblebee wrote:Interested as to what the delay is is for Bond 23 - script development, the need to "get it right this time" (given Forster's "time pressure" comments), DC's availability...or just the need to stagger the films a bit more.
Michael Wilson has stated shortly after QOS was finished, that he wanted a years gap in between production. So - I think, it was never planned to release it any earlier than 2011. Maybe he even knew back then, that MGM would be facing serious problems and played it more save. I mean they are in the business long enough to see the signs and react properly. Just my guess...
Well we are getting 2.5 years. Then there was "A Steady Rain" of course.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bumblebee wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
Well we are getting 2.5 years. Then there was "A Steady Rain" of course.
Sorry, didn´t make myself clear. I meant an additional year in between. Normally they would have to start shooting this december, when they were gong with the two years gap between Cr and QOS. When they indeed start at the end of next year, we have the additional year, they took.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

This radio interview was sent to me by Bubita, she wasn't sure how to offer a link, and didn't know if this interview was already posted.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qomvph

So here is the link. And if we've heard it before, here it is again!
Crazy!
bubita

Post by bubita »

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Thanks, that's new to me!

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
bubita

Post by bubita »

This boy appears for about 3 seconds at the end of QoS.
Daniel wrote: To Leonardo gracias :D

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bubita_11 wrote:This boy appears for about 3 seconds at the end of QoS.
Daniel wrote: To Leonardo gracias :D

What a cool little fella :lol: and proud...

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

(PRWEB) October 23, 2008

In the November issue of Men’s Vogue, Daniel Craig, 40, describes trying to survive the physical toll of his latest James Bond. In preparation for Quantum of Solace, in theaters November 14, he wanted to be fit enough to absorb the daily battering the role entailed. Men’s Vogue writer Kevin Conley noticed a visibly slimmer silhouette upon meeting Craig, who confirms this notion: “Because I went for shape and size for the last film, I wasn’t heart-fit. So that’s what I did on this one. I just wanted to survive the movie.” Craig managed to walk off the set eight stitches richer and one lopped off fingertip poorer:

Conley reminded him that he’d taken on Bond at a point his life when most professional stuntmen begin to disengage from heavier work: “I know,” he responds. “It’s such a bad look. It’s like a midlife crisis: ‘Okay, I’ll jump out of that. On fire? Yes, let’s do it!’”

On his current work-out regimen: “The regimen’s over. That’s what the regimen is at the moment.” He pulled out his cell phone, thumbed through the texts. “Let’s see…I got a message earlier from my trainer: ‘What are you doing today?’” Craig immediately snapped the cell shut and tossed it over his shoulder without a glance. “Nothing. Today I’m doing nothing.” Soo Dan iel :lol: One just have to love this...

Craig also stars in the upcoming historical rouser Defiance where Craig’s character leads a makeshift group of Jews hiding from the Nazis in the forests of Belorussia. Director Edward Zwick says of Craig’s career: “It’s choices, finally, that define a career. The careers that you could point to – Tom Hanks or Denzel or Leonardo – these actors are very aware of what roles might reveal a different facet that has not been revealed to an audience before. So Daniel’s decision to do this movie in tandem with Bond, because they will be viewed within weeks of each other, makes a very clear statement about his intentions and ambitions. It’s as if he’s saying, ‘Don’t presume to know me too quickly.’”

Defiance costar Live Schreiber recalls an instance of spontaneous warmth that set the tone for his relationship with Craig:

“It was my first day in Lithuania, and I’m thinking: ‘Here I am in another Eastern-bloc European country for God knows how long. The food’s going to be terrible, and what’s this strange hotel I’m in?’ I’m walking across a courtyard and I hear this very enthusiastic voice say my name. And it’s Daniel Craig. And he comes across the courtyard and gives me this huge bear hug.”

For more on Daniel Craig, Quantum of Solace and Defiance, visit: http://www.mensvogue.com/arts/movies/ar ... niel-craig

http://danielcraig.gossip-today.com/dan ... s-release/

Red-Snow

Re: Quantum of Solace

Post by Red-Snow »

Lisa Ray recalls auditioning for Quantum of Solace with Daniel Craig, says Gal Gadot was also in contention
https://www.hindustantimes.com/hollywoo ... 8chbJ.html

Actor Lisa Ray in her upcoming memoirs has written about auditioning for the James Bond film Quantum of Solace. She describes an extensive process that involved numerous acting coaches, future Wonder Woman star Gal Gadot, and of course, Daniel Craig.

In excerpts from the book, titled Close to the Bone, Lisa writes that she was excited about the possibility of playing Camille Montes in Craig’s second Bond film, because ‘She would be the first Bond Girl that the spy doesn’t (immediately) bed.’

Lisa was brought to The Landmark hotel in Marylebone, where ‘Aston Martins and Rolls Royces idling outside’. There, she rehearsed her lines with several acting coaches, all arranged by the producers. The character required a Chilean accent, which she writes she was overwhelmed by. “The whole operation was thrillingly top secret and eponymous, it bordered on the farcical,” she wrote, adding that she knew Olga Kurylenko and Gal Gadot were also in the same hotel, auditioning for the same part, but she ‘never saw them’.

Lisa was then taken to Pinewood Studios, where the Bond films are shot. There, she was greeted by producer Barbara Broccoli and director Marc Forster. “I felt dazed: What am I doing here? Marc popped his head in the door and gave me a warm hello. Barbara Broccoli appeared too. ‘Good luck, my dear,’ she said. I’ve never had such a respectful audition experience and I’m sure I never will again,” she wrote.

“And then Daniel Craig walked in,” she wrote, “It couldn’t have been a more dramatic entrance: he was backlit with a halo of light around him, a perfect specimen outlined in silhouette, just in case I needed to be reminded of where I was. He cleaved the air as I stepped into his line of sight.”

Lisa wrote that she was concentrating far too hard on her accent, and not on the emotion of the scene. “Nervousness overtook me and I started cracking jokes. What I wanted to say was: ‘I’m mesmerized by your blue eyes’. What I said was: ‘My, how shiny are your shoes!’ I made a shoe joke. Really. This makes me cringe even now. He smiled indulgently, but a rush of energy had exited the room, like a back draft,” she wrote.
Callie

Post by Callie »

Ha! What a nice anecdote! I love that DC was backlit as he walked in, no wonder the poor girl was overcome with nerves!
I'm impressed with the overall audition process, it sounds very respectful and supportive. Good on them!
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

videnovasan

Post by videnovasan »

bumblebee wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:50 pm Image
Obviously thats her when he entered......
You need to impress me, outwit me, compete with me? Go ahead, knock yourself out, I have no problem with that at all.
danielcraigss

Post by danielcraigss »

I think that'd be all of us!
CRAIGING FOR 12 LONG YEARS NOW

Daniel isn't social via Jamie Lee Curtis so I'm social for him.
Holler at the North-side Chester Wild boy. https://www.instagram.com/danielcraigsss/

YOUNG BLONDE BOND & THE DOUBLE O MOB TILL I DIE