Quantum of Solace

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

User avatar
redluna
Posts: 3566
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: Germany

Post by redluna » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:23 pm

Collector's Edition 'Bond On Set: Filming Quantum of Solace'

Luxurious cloth bound edition to be released in the UK
n a year that has quickly become packed with many different literary James Bond releases, fans can now add yet another to the calendar.

As first reported by CommanderBond.net earlier this year, photographer Greg Williams will be returning with Bond on Set: Filming Quantum of Solace, the newest addition to his Bond on Set series, which also includes Casino Royale and Die Another Day.

Williams’ making-of books differ from the norm in that they capture the making of the newest 007 film through photographs rather than document them solely with text.

CBn now has details on a special collector’s edition of Bond on Set: Filming Quantum of Solace, to be released alongside the normal hardback on 1 October 2008 in the UK:

Go behind the scenes of Quantum of Solace with this fantastic collector’s edition. If you’re a Bond fan or love 007 memoribilia then take a look under this luxurious cloth bound cover to spy beautiful girls, cool gadgets, explosive scenes and much, much more from Bond’s latest movie Quantum of Solace. You’ll experience the glamour of film-making on location with premier celebrity photographer Greg Williams and follow the making of Quantum of Solace.

Featuring an exclusive interview with Daniel Craig on the making of Quantum of Solace and never-seen-before shots of the cast and creators—spy them shooting spectacular scenes and relaxing between takes. Candid soundbites from the actors and revealing inside information promise intriguing insights into the making of the film. This collector’s edition packed in an eye-catching slipcase promises an unmissable personal audience with the makers of Quantum of Solace. Make it your mission to read it today.

The Bond on Set: Filming Quantum of Solace collector’s edition will retail for £75.00. :twisted:

http://commanderbond.net/article/5225
Image

JoniJoni
Posts: 2296
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:00 am

Post by JoniJoni » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:37 pm

Redluna, I'd love to own this collector's book. It sounds great. But when 75.00 GBP = 146.542 USD, I'll have to pass. That's even a bit much to ask for a gift.

Thanks for the post.

User avatar
Dunda
Administrator
Posts: 21938
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:08 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Dunda » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:49 pm

Nice price :shock: :twisted:

set on the christmas wishes list :twisted: :twisted:
Image

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com

JoniJoni
Posts: 2296
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:00 am

Post by JoniJoni » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:52 pm

Dunda, we will have to be very very good girls for Santa to bring this.

I think I've already blown it. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

User avatar
Dunda
Administrator
Posts: 21938
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:08 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Dunda » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:12 pm

There isn't much fear for that!

I'm a good girl, very, very well-behaved! :twisted:
Image

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com

User avatar
redluna
Posts: 3566
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: Germany

Post by redluna » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:20 pm

JoniJoni wrote:Redluna, I'd love to own this collector's book. It sounds great. But when 75.00 GBP = 146.542 USD, I'll have to pass. That's even a bit much to ask for a gift.
Thanks for the post.
same here :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Dunda wrote:There isn't much fear for that!
I'm a good girl, very, very well-behaved! :twisted:
Dunda, I love your sense of humour :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image

User avatar
bumblebee
Posts: 15194
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:01 pm
Location: British in USA

Post by bumblebee » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:35 pm

http://www.007.com/blog/

Nice vid here explaining the evolution of make up for the film. Olga looks incredibily beautiful - naturally.

SmittenDramaKitten
Posts: 9941
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:29 am

Post by SmittenDramaKitten » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:26 pm

Just jumped on-line when I heard about the fresh rumours regarding the "troubled" QOS shoot. It does piss me off when the papers / internet refer to QOS as being "cursed". Just because they can't have a go at Daniel anymore for being a new Bond as he proved himself so admirably in C/R, they have to pick on something! :evil: I bet Danny / Marc / Olga / Mathieu are slogging their guts out trying to get this movie in the can - were they supposed to be all done by the end of June?? :?

I worry about Daniel though. Assuming the reports about him getting his finger cut off and having stitches are true. I WISH HE'D BE MORE BLOODY CAREFUL! :roll: :shock: I don't think the reports say how he hurt himself?!

On a lighter, but also a little annoying, note you may have seen my post about my friend from work's relative being a Financial Director on the Bond movies? Well, this guy who works with her likes to tease me mercilessly about my Daniel Obsession. Yesterday, he made me believe that our colleague had given him two tickets to the Bond premiere in October. Last night, I was left to wonder and hope until he finally came clean and told me he was "telling porkies" (...that means 'LYING' Stateside fans!) How mean can someone be??? :roll:

User avatar
redluna
Posts: 3566
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: Germany

Post by redluna » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:41 pm

NextBondGirl wrote: On a lighter, but also a little annoying, note you may have seen my post about my friend from work's relative being a Financial Director on the Bond movies? Well, this guy who works with her likes to tease me mercilessly about my Daniel Obsession. Yesterday, he made me believe that our colleague had given him two tickets to the Bond premiere in October. Last night, I was left to wonder and hope until he finally came clean and told me he was "telling porkies" (...that means 'LYING' Stateside fans!) How mean can someone be??? :roll:
What a f***** idiot!!! :twisted:
Sorry to hear that NBG :cry:
Image

Daskedusken
Posts: 14135
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Always heading somewhere

Post by Daskedusken » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:56 pm

redluna wrote:Collector's Edition 'Bond On Set: Filming Quantum of Solace'

Luxurious cloth bound edition to be released in the UK
n a year that has quickly become packed with many different literary James Bond releases, fans can now add yet another to the calendar.

As first reported by CommanderBond.net earlier this year, photographer Greg Williams will be returning with Bond on Set: Filming Quantum of Solace, the newest addition to his Bond on Set series, which also includes Casino Royale and Die Another Day.

Williams’ making-of books differ from the norm in that they capture the making of the newest 007 film through photographs rather than document them solely with text.

CBn now has details on a special collector’s edition of Bond on Set: Filming Quantum of Solace, to be released alongside the normal hardback on 1 October 2008 in the UK:

Go behind the scenes of Quantum of Solace with this fantastic collector’s edition. If you’re a Bond fan or love 007 memoribilia then take a look under this luxurious cloth bound cover to spy beautiful girls, cool gadgets, explosive scenes and much, much more from Bond’s latest movie Quantum of Solace. You’ll experience the glamour of film-making on location with premier celebrity photographer Greg Williams and follow the making of Quantum of Solace.

Featuring an exclusive interview with Daniel Craig on the making of Quantum of Solace and never-seen-before shots of the cast and creators—spy them shooting spectacular scenes and relaxing between takes. Candid soundbites from the actors and revealing inside information promise intriguing insights into the making of the film. This collector’s edition packed in an eye-catching slipcase promises an unmissable personal audience with the makers of Quantum of Solace. Make it your mission to read it today.

The Bond on Set: Filming Quantum of Solace collector’s edition will retail for £75.00. :twisted:

http://commanderbond.net/article/5225
Would have been funny reading that book.
"Leben ist zeichnen ohne Radiergummi"

User avatar
Sazza
Posts: 1048
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:51 am
Location: Wherever Daniel is...

Post by Sazza » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:15 pm

I worry so much about Daniel when he is filming Bond!! I mean 8 stiches on his face and then he cuts the tip of his finger off!! I wish he would be a tad more careful!! The sooner he finishes filimg Quantum of Solace the better, then I won't worry so much about him!!!
"If the only thing left of you was your smile and your little finger, you'd still be more of a man than anyone I've ever known."

Germangirl
Moderator
Posts: 46425
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Germangirl » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:03 pm

NextBondGirl wrote: On a lighter, but also a little annoying, note you may have seen my post about my friend from work's relative being a Financial Director on the Bond movies? Well, this guy who works with her likes to tease me mercilessly about my Daniel Obsession. Yesterday, he made me believe that our colleague had given him two tickets to the Bond premiere in October. Last night, I was left to wonder and hope until he finally came clean and told me he was "telling porkies" (...that means 'LYING' Stateside fans!) How mean can someone be??? :roll:
Considering your Obsession as you call it, its pretty mean and I would think of something equally mean to get even :evil:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Image

Daskedusken
Posts: 14135
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Always heading somewhere

Post by Daskedusken » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:19 pm

NextBondGirl wrote: On a lighter, but also a little annoying, note you may have seen my post about my friend from work's relative being a Financial Director on the Bond movies? Well, this guy who works with her likes to tease me mercilessly about my Daniel Obsession. Yesterday, he made me believe that our colleague had given him two tickets to the Bond premiere in October. Last night, I was left to wonder and hope until he finally came clean and told me he was "telling porkies" (...that means 'LYING' Stateside fans!) How mean can someone be??? :roll:
Sorry to hear that. That's really mean and makes me angry :evil:
"Leben ist zeichnen ohne Radiergummi"

User avatar
tigerheart
Posts: 409
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:13 pm
Location: Scotland

Post by tigerheart » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:20 pm

NextBondGirl wrote:Just jumped on-line when I heard about the fresh rumours regarding the "troubled" QOS shoot. It does piss me off when the papers / internet refer to QOS as being "cursed". Just because they can't have a go at Daniel anymore for being a new Bond as he proved himself so admirably in C/R, they have to pick on something! :evil: I bet Danny / Marc / Olga / Mathieu are slogging their guts out trying to get this movie in the can - were they supposed to be all done by the end of June?? :?

I worry about Daniel though. Assuming the reports about him getting his finger cut off and having stitches are true. I WISH HE'D BE MORE BLOODY CAREFUL! :roll: :shock: I don't think the reports say how he hurt himself?!

On a lighter, but also a little annoying, note you may have seen my post about my friend from work's relative being a Financial Director on the Bond movies? Well, this guy who works with her likes to tease me mercilessly about my Daniel Obsession. Yesterday, he made me believe that our colleague had given him two tickets to the Bond premiere in October. Last night, I was left to wonder and hope until he finally came clean and told me he was "telling porkies" (...that means 'LYING' Stateside fans!) How mean can someone be??? :roll:
My thoughts exactly NBG - this whole 'jinx' thing is just getting so irritating! Let them get on and finish filming, why don't you, tabloids!!! :evil:

Having said that, if Daniel *does* need someone to kiss it better, I'll gladly offer my services :wink:

The mean guy? I think you should be flogging him with knotted rope, in the style of Le Chiffre! 8)

th

P.S. Sorry I haven't been around for ages; my job changed at the beginning of the year and I've been snowed under with work ever since - that, and wedding planning!! (seven weeks to go - eek!)
Dreaming as always...

Do you want the truth...or something beautiful?

User avatar
Dunda
Administrator
Posts: 21938
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:08 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Dunda » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:24 pm

tigerheart wrote:and wedding planning!! (seven weeks to go - eek!)
Congrats! :D
Image

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com

Post Reply