Quantum of Solace

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Jessica wrote:maybe, gemma will play sylvia trench or agent goodnight

sylvia trench was JB's "girlfriend" in the first two films

goodnight and JB are friends in the man with the golden guns

my bet is on sylvia trench
But her name is already confirmed as "Fields". Sorry :(
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

redluna

Post by redluna »

Bond 22 - 10-01-08
Bond 22 filming to take place at Farnborough Aerodrome in Hampshire, England

MI6 has learned that filming for Bond 22 is to take place at Farnborough Aerodrome in the south of England.
According to witnesses, an airport scene is to be shot there and a lot of the sign posts have been removed to make it appear that the location is that of a different country.
Filming is scheduled to start on February 8th and is to take place in the evening and through night shoots. Stunts are apparently being rehearsed on location...

http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?itemid=5758
StarryDannyFan

Post by StarryDannyFan »

Feb 8th - means Daniel can't come to the BAFTAs. Wait and see... sighs. Cool that Bond 22 is underway filming!

StarryDannyFan xx
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

All the info so far on Bond 22 put together

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=40753
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

advicky

Post by advicky »

StarryDannyFan wrote:Feb 8th - means Daniel can't come to the BAFTAs. Wait and see... sighs. Cool that Bond 22 is underway filming!

StarryDannyFan xx

But he will be there next year and he will win. :lol:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

ad78472 wrote:
StarryDannyFan wrote:Feb 8th - means Daniel can't come to the BAFTAs. Wait and see... sighs. Cool that Bond 22 is underway filming!

StarryDannyFan xx

But he will be there next year and he will win. :lol:
I think, you might really be right - because I have faith in Forster to bring up an even better film artistic wise - and since there will be more the journey inside Bond there will be plenty of acting to do for Dan.

Laredo

Post by Laredo »

The journey inside THE KITE RUNNER was so , so . It had great potential but the ending was flat and didn't bring the viewer in . The main character never grabbed me . I hope he does better with Bond .
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

laredo wrote:The journey inside THE KITE RUNNER was so , so . It had great potential but the ending was flat and didn't bring the viewer in . The main character never grabbed me . I hope he does better with Bond .
Haven´t seen it yet :( If so, I sghare your hope of course. But maybe its the combination between Daniel and him that will make the difference. :roll:

Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I have'nt read the book , and the movie was very good but Amir was not a very likable character . It might be a cultural difference in the way I look at him . He was too weak and didn't seem to really care about anyone except Hassen in the beginning and he lets him down and does'nt really FIGHT to save Hassen"s son , he kind of ...just does ...
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

laredo wrote:I have'nt read the book , and the movie was very good but Amir was not a very likable character . It might be a cultural difference in the way I look at him . He was too weak and didn't seem to really care about anyone except Hassen in the beginning and he lets him down and does'nt really FIGHT to save Hassen"s son , he kind of ...just does ...
...and you think, that the right direction for this character would have been to make him stronger?

advicky

Post by advicky »

I'm very sad because almost two weeks and I haven't see new pictures. I WANT THEM NOW!!!!!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

ad78472 wrote:I'm very sad because almost two weeks and I haven't see new pictures. I WANT THEM NOW!!!!!
We are pampered, because there was quite a lot starting with the GQ mags and stuff - but there was almost a whole summer WITHOUT anything new. I guess they will drop Bond 22 pics once in a while, but I don´t think, there will be much before april or so. :(

Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I don't think the character should have been stronger , he should have cared more about what was happening and what he did . I don't feel like he felt bad about what he had done enough to save the boy and bring him into his family . Like I said it might be a cultural thing . It just rang flat with me . I wanted uplifting .
sigl

Post by sigl »

I read the Kite Runner and it sounds like the movie is pretty faithful to the character in the book. He doesn't do anything to help his friend and stays away from him after it happens. However, he does feel very guilty and the event sort of tortures him for his whole life. I haven't seen the movie, but in the book he goes back and gets severely beaten and feels like somehow he deserves it because of his earlier actions. He feels somehow cleansed by the beating and will finally be able to move on and stop feeling guilty. He has to fight very hard to get the son out and feels like that also helps pay his debt to his friend. At least, that's the way I understood it. IMO, he is not a very likable character in the book and wasn't supposed to be. I didn't find the book uplifting at all, but it was very good.
sigl

"For the ones who had a notion
A notion deep inside
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!"

Bruce Springsteen, "Badlands"
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

http://commanderbond.net/components/qui ... item=44702

I thought I post this here because I find it really endearing
Olga Kurylenko age 2