Box office

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Good news! :D
Funny how the numbers differ though. This site states the movie has brought in $364,166,000 by now.
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
sigl

Post by sigl »

I do hope this is good, but frankly, I don't have any understanding of how the numbers work! :oops:

I just finished the 3rd book in the series and I liked them very much. Lord Asriel didn' appear at all in the 2nd book, but is in a lot of the 3rd. I'd like to see the movies made. If not, I did have the pleasure of thinking of Daniel every time Lord Asriel was mentioned! :twisted: :twisted:
sigl

"For the ones who had a notion
A notion deep inside
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!"

Bruce Springsteen, "Badlands"
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sigl wrote:I do hope this is good, but frankly, I don't have any understanding of how the numbers work! :oops:

I just finished the 3rd book in the series and I liked them very much. Lord Asriel didn' appear at all in the 2nd book, but is in a lot of the 3rd. I'd like to see the movies made. If not, I did have the pleasure of thinking of Daniel every time Lord Asriel was mentioned! :twisted: :twisted:
Yes, that´s the problem, if its just for Dan , we have a long way to go until the third one... but after a secong viewing, I am really looking forward to the next at least.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

sigl wrote: Lord Asriel didn' appear at all in the 2nd book, but is in a lot of the 3rd. I'd like to see the movies made. If not, I did have the pleasure of thinking of Daniel every time Lord Asriel was mentioned! :twisted: :twisted:
And he gets mentioned a lot in the second book. They could shoot quite a lot of scenes with him if they wanted too. :wink:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

NEW YORK, Jan. 15 /PRNewswire/ -- New Line Cinema's "The Golden Compass", starring Oscar-winner Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig, crossed the $300 million mark at the worldwide box office and now has a cumulative gross of more than $315 million. The film has earned more than $67 million in the United States since its Dec. 7 opening.

The fantasy epic has performed strongly in various foreign territories -- including the United Kingdom, Spain, South Korea and Australia -- where this genre continues to be popular. On March 1, "The Golden Compass" will open in its last major territory -- Japan.

"'The Golden Compass' has immense global appeal," said Rolf Mittweg, President and Chief Operating Officer of Worldwide Distribution and Marketing at New Line Cinema. "The box office revenue has been nothing less than astonishing overseas. With the forthcoming premiere in Japan, we can expect a significant boost to our worldwide box office."
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Germangirl wrote:"'The Golden Compass' has immense global appeal," said Rolf Mittweg, President and Chief Operating Officer of Worldwide Distribution and Marketing at New Line Cinema. "The box office revenue has been nothing less than astonishing overseas. With the forthcoming premiere in Japan, we can expect a significant boost to our worldwide box office."
So what are you waiting for, guys? Go for the second installment! :mrgreen:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I feel, it doesn´t look too bad now - hopefully Japan is doing very well. The problem is IMO - when will they do it? Should be along automn or so and if Nicole is really pregnant :roll:

Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Germangirl wrote:The problem is IMO - when will they do it? Should be along automn or so and if Nicole is really pregnant :roll:
Nicole isn't in it very much, except for those scenes that are already in the can. And they can't wait too long since Dakota is growing up...
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Anglophile wrote:
Germangirl wrote:The problem is IMO - when will they do it? Should be along automn or so and if Nicole is really pregnant :roll:
Nicole isn't in it very much, except for those scenes that are already in the can. And they can't wait too long since Dakota is growing up...
If they have Dans and Nics scenes - they should start right NOW!!